Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 07:18 AM   #46  
deleted2

Oh Ruthie, You don't need to ask---OF COURSE we want you checking in for whatever reason! And fasting for Ramadan is great practice for your optifast experience--not to mention the spiritual benefits, of course!

Lamorgan, I've been to one of the 'moontime' workshops too and found it fascinating. Honestly, one of my favorite subjects! [Maybe I need to get out more? ]

Yesterday my hot streak of 34 days ended--yes, at Thanksgiving. All because I overate, got that too-full feeling. I made everything extremely low-fat so at least I didn't go over my fat gram allotment!

Old 11-23-2001, 11:46 AM   #47  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Thank you my friends. The funny thing about this is that yesterday with the exception of a few burps, I feel fine. No more pain, no more situps (which are great for releasing bubps), no more pain at all. I stayed away from all breads yesterday except for a bite of stuffing. I was starving by 3 pm but I only had bites of each item which resulted in a full plate! But I remembered that if you eat too fast it will get air in your tummy. So I set the fork down inbetween bites. I was still done before everyone else so I still got to slow down!!!!

I don't think it is my gall bladder. I have had one attack when I was pregnant and they said after lots of tests it wasn't seriously enough to remove. I have all lean meats and breads prior to the burping attack. The pain wasn't the same, and with my attack this time, after each burb I felt better. The links said simple carbs and sugar will set off bloating and burps. I promise if I get another attack, I will see a doc. The problem is going when you feel fine is that they don't believe you. And with no insurance, I can't afford not to be taken seriously. I am going to look for a real job after Xmas to get me insurance. I hate living like this!!!

I too can't wear tampons. I never really wore them when younger because my mom and grandma had toxic shock sydrome from them and it is heriditary. I wasn't risking it unless I was going swimming or at a prom ect... But now since I had 3 large babies, my uterus has fallen so low, that tampons don't work. I was on birth control pills off and on that I don't know how heavy my periods would have been. My sis and mom who are both overweight have heavy periods too. So that doesn't help any.

Ruthie-you are so funny. You are a part of us. You could post about believeing the moon was made of cheese and we would support you! We would try to talk you out of it, but we would support you!

I told you all I was invited to join a friend starting a new coven. Well I said ok because she was a friend, but one of the guys who joined drove me nuts. I am okay, I can deal with this. But then I realized I couldn't make the meetings each Wed. I tried to bow out gracefully as my heart was never in it in the first place. I can't make a time commitment with 3 boys, one car and Chris and I working opposite shifts. They wanted me to stay online as a guest. Okay. But the last 3 times I had posted my friend ignored me. Other people posted. I felt like I was an intruder listening to a private conversation so I unsubbed to the message board without saying a word. Okay so that wasn't the most mature thing to do but when I tried to do it before I was talked out of it. I haven't heard from her since. So I suppose I was correct thinking she was mad at me for dropping out. I should be brave and call her, but right now I don't feel like it. I will let some time pass. Maybe a Yule card will break the tention! So, I do believe a solitary path is best for me.

I picked up a weight/training/loss magazine last night. It is called Energy for women. Premiere issue. I have only read a few pages, but it already has gotton me wanting to start building muscles. Some of the pictures are definately inspiring. I don't want to look like Janet Jacketson, more like Angelina Jolie!

I have walked today already. It was chilly out! Time to walk fast or wear sweats! ~flower
Old 11-23-2001, 11:58 AM   #48  
you can call me flower

I read the links you gave me. Thank you, I hadn't found those ones. I am not nausus while having the attack. I do not have heartburn. I do not have reflux. The pain doesn't radiate at all. It is located right under my diaphram. I do think it is a food intollerance which I have had all my life. My body is wierd, if I eat too much of anything my body tells me in either the runs, hives, burping ect... I am on a goal to get health insurance and I will go get my gall bladder checked out again. Thanks friends!
Old 11-23-2001, 12:45 PM   #49  
Must Shrink.

I just ended a 3 year relationship with an all woman's coven. I've come to the conclusion I'm not a feminist witch, but an ecstatic hermit. or an eclectic pagan. happily alone at this time.

L
Old 11-23-2001, 05:17 PM   #50  
deleted2

As a rural pagan, solitary works best for me too. And let's face it, "perfect love and perfect trust" is hard to come by!

Flower, thanks for checking in today. I was worried about you!

Well, once again I managed to overeat today. I'll be glad when these leftovers are gone! Nothing else tastes like Thanksgiving though--but I'm ready to move on....

Old 11-23-2001, 06:29 PM   #51  
Hot Stuff

Flower, glad you're doing better today.

Ruthie, don't you dare even think about not posting with us! It doesn't matter what program you're on, or whether you're fasting or on a liquid diet....it's your personal weight loss journey decision, and we want to be with you every step of the way!

Lamorgan, your post brought to mind the lyrics "I'm not lonely, I swear to God I'm just alone." I'm a solitary too.

Eydie, you did it, though! Your streak lasted until Thanksgiving. Now you can start a new one.

I'm still in pain today. It was much better this morning after lying in bed all night, but the more I moved around the worse it got. It's at a medium intensity now. I suppose I've just pulled something.

Have to run...playing chauffeur for my daughter this evening.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:55 AM   #52  
you can call me flower

This is crazy. Time for the next thread! Nov 24th 2001
Closed Thread