Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #1  
Washington, DC

Default What is your worst food habit!?

Hi all,

First, just an FYI, I put my profile up on the profile page. And, I am down four pounds... I am 237 today!

And, curious to know, what is your worst food habit or issue or behaviour. Mine is eating out and not having enough food on hand at home. That will be my goal this week, to eat out less and have on hand, easy to prepare meals at home.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Elaine
241/237/130
Start: 6/20/06
Old 06-24-2006, 01:41 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

My biggest downfall is sweets, I have a really hard time resisting them if they are around and it doesn't take much of a doughnut or cinnamon roll to eat too many calories!! I use Cocoa Vie Bars or berries with splenda and lite cool whip or sf popsicles to try to make my sweet tooth happy and have an easier time resisting those treats that people seem to take everywhere.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:05 PM   #3  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Ha! Elaine, you and I are total opposites. When there is food at home I am in trouble, but when all of my food is eaten out or delivered I seem to control myself a bit more. Weird.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:38 PM   #4  
South Beach Life Style

Mine is preparring meals, I eat Breakfast, but lunch and dinner are more of a snack than a meal..
Old 06-24-2006, 04:57 PM   #5  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Currently, my worst habit is forgetting to take something to work for an afternoon snack. I come in from work starving and grab something to ease the hunger while I'm cooking supper. It's usually nothing too awful, natural pb, cheese, fruit or a sf fudgesicle. But it may be 2 oz of cheese where if I had eaten it at work before I got so hungry, one ounce would have done the trick. That has caused me to be consistently 100 - 150 higher calories each day than I would like to be.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:03 PM   #6  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I definitely have a problem picking the right choices when I eat out.

I have a sweet tooth, too, Melody. I am a chocoholic. I love the stuff. And it really doesn't take much at all to make those calories shoot through the roof.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:07 PM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

My major problem is eating alone--it's almost as if I think if no one sees me eating it, then it doesn't count I am fixing this by not having any snack or junk food in my home (so I don't binge when home alone) and by stopping at stores on my way home from work less frequently (because if I run into a store alone, I'm more likely to grab snacks to eat in the car ). I try to do as much shopping as I can on weekends with my boyfriend in tow so I don't buy anything I shouldn't.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:13 PM   #8  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

My trouble always has been, and always will be, boredom eating. Actually, for me it's closer to "sedentary eating". If, for any reason, I am stationary for any real length of time (studying, on the computer, watching tv, etc.) I become this mindless eating machine that can go through a family sized bag of potato chips in an evening.

I've completely gotten rid of this behavior by: 1) not allowing big bags of any snack-type items in the house, 2) only eating food that I portion out, not right out of the bag, bowl, or box, 3) reducing my sedentary time to as little as possible and 4) re-inforcing to myself that I eat at the programmed times only.

I still get a bit whistful when walking past the chip isle, but it's more than worth it.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:58 PM   #9  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Mine is probably eating alone. When hubby goes away for work, the house seems so empty, and I cruise the kitchen (and/or delivery menus) almost as soon as he's out the door. I guess I'm trying to comfort myself by filling the void with food. I do know it's not the answer, but it really is a tough behaviour to break because it does work in the (very) short term. The last few times, I've swapped eating for shopping to add to my yarn and craft stashes, , but I still end up having a few too many drinkies on the night. Fortunately, he doesn't go away without me too often.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:50 PM   #10  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

My biggest problem area is eating out, and making not so good choices, way too often. I always eat really good for breakfast and lunch, but then my DH and DD come home and are always so willing to get something out, and it's also so much quicker and easier. This is one area I'm definitely working on and trying to improve on.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #11  

Interesting question. I'm not sure I ever thought in terms of having one worst habit before. Maybe it's impulse eating in general. I can completely forget that I'm dieting and just reach for something bad.

I've gotten way better with this. Now I'm trying to get myself to eat the vegetables or my planned meal before I eat something bad (when a craving is upon me), and I'm finding that very hard to do, so maybe that's my worst habit.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:34 AM   #12  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I usually think of it as secret eating, when no one's around. For some reason, when my DH is gone, I start eating. I think it's boredom more than anything else, especially since I'm not working right now. The bad part is sometimes it's something really off plan like oreos or frozen yogurt, sometimes its relatively good food just wayyyy too much of it. I really have to start working on that again.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:31 AM   #13  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My biggest problem is and always has been portion control. I'm working on it but sometimes it is hard. I enjoy eating food and sometimes I just want to continue the enjoyment. I am good at knowing when I cross the line now days but sometimes I'll cross the line any way.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Mine is eating out. I feel that I should eat what's there rather than bring it home. Eating out seems to flick a switch in my brain that shuts off reason and rationality. I don't eat out as often as I want or used to for that reason.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #15  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Portions that are too big and eating cheese are my worst. I have to fight these two things constantly!
Closed Thread