View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 03:18 PM   #34
mandalinn82
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'd like to point out that there is an acceptable fecal matter limit in bottled water...a level of fecal bacteria that is acceptable in a bottle of bottled water according to regulations. This isn't just a meat problem. Its not pleasant to think about, but fecal matter and fecal coliforms are everywhere. Organic veggies usually test high for fecal coliforms, as do conventionally farmed produce. And meat is probably the area we least have to worry about this - cooking kills any harmful bacteria that come from fecal matter, but you don't always cook your veggies (and certainly not your bottled water!).

There isn't, however, an acceptable level for fecal coliforms in municipal tap water - none can be detected or the water is declared to be not up to standard. So if you're really worried about eliminating fecal matter from your food sources, drink tap water.

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!

Maintained Oct 2007-Sept 2011, then got pregnant. Our baby boy was born in May, 2012...now to lose the baby weight!!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote