Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-27-2006, 04:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 147.6/145.4/130

Smile Losin' feathers

Does anyone want to start a new featherweight support group starting tomorrow (Sunday 5/28)?

I have about 15-20 lbs to lose and was looking to see if any newbies or regulars want to start a new group..
mdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:47 AM   #2  

I'm game for support group
inter_stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:18 AM   #3  

awesome! so what are you using as a method to lose weight? I'm a calorie counter. I am in definite need of a sift kick in the butt to get my butt in gear to lose this weight!
Old 05-28-2006, 11:30 AM   #4  

Smile

"I am in definite need of a sift kick in the butt to get my butt in gear to lose this weight!"

lol. So am I.

Right now I'm excersizing 5 days a weak and eating smaller portions of healthier foods. Trying to cut down on the sweets a bit. I'll see how that works for a while and if it dosent turn out so well I'll probably switch to calorie counting as well.
inter_stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #5  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

So I'm not the only one who doesn't usually count calories? lol, I feel like such a lazy dieter, but after the first month or so it became so automatic that as long as I kept my portions in control that at the end of the day my calories always came out about right, if not a tad under and I had to go eat more!! Weird, isn't it? Eating more to lose weight... Not like I'm complaining, though!!
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'2.5

Hey mdust!

I would love to join, thanks for starting the new thread. I have just recently gotten back into calorie counting. To lose the first few pounds I just really concentrated on eating only when I was hungry but now I want to tighten the grip I have on my weight loss, hence the calorie counting

I have made my new weigh in day on Sundays and this week lost 0.5 lb which I was happy with because eating this week was not so good at all, and I haven't seen 137 in awhile!

What are everyone's goals looking like? I would be super happy just like to get down to 130 lbs for now (I haven't weighed that since high school!).

Talk soon
cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 04:51 PM   #7  

I'm trying to get down to 130lb too! I'm 5' 6" and I pretty sure that's the lowest I should go. I have a somewhat stocky figure (it's all in the hips and the butt :P) and really just want to look proportionate. I feel so icky and unhealthy at my weight right now. I haven't officially weighed in yet. That's what Saturday (6/3) is for. But the last time I weighed in (about 2 weeks ago) I was 146.6lb.

Calorie counting is easiest for me. Plus it got me to 132 two years ago..it wasn't until last fall that I gained a good 10 pounds and am now having a hard time shedding. I exercise 6 days a week, about 2 hours a day (1 hour cardio and up to an hour of weightlifting). Plus, I get extra exercise by walking around for my job. I started calorie cycling but it just seems like I am just a hair away from breaking my promise to myself to only eat so many calories lately. It seemed so much easier when I initially lost weight, so this level of difficulty is a new journey for me...

Today I am doing great so far. My limit is 1400cals and have had 1125cals so far. Luckily I get off work in about 40 minutes then I am headed to the gym...

How is everyone else's day going??
Old 05-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #8  

Hey! At 5'6 you will look absolutely fabulous at 130 lbs! I'm sure you look great right now too, but I understand your wanting to lose as I carry weight in my hips and butt too.

I am far shorter than you - 5'2.5 - so my ultimate goal is 110 lbs. BUT, I'm not sure if that's realistic, so for now I'm keeping my goal at 120 lbs which I used to maintain effortlessly. It's kind of at a "we'll see" point.

Today I was not very hungry. I am only at 1135 calories, and I usually eat somewhere in the vicinity of 1800!! I am having this guy come over later so I'll probably have a beer or glass of wine, but it looks like I will end up at around 1400 cals.

I am horrible with exercise. You are such a motivation to me. I can usually get myself to do a 40-60 minute walk most days, but I also lack energy a lot. I don't know why, I eat healthy, I think it's probably just laziness. I tend to be a low-energy person.

Anyways, have a great day and I will update tomorrow
Old 05-28-2006, 10:26 PM   #9  

Yeah, 130lb is realistic yet unrealistic for me. It is with comparison to my height, but I don't know how my body will react..so I guess we'll see. Anything close to 130 though is fine by me. I, frankly, would just love to see 140 right now :P I have so many pants, shorts and capris that I wore last summer that are now too small and I refuse to buy any new stuff (thank goodness for those gauchos )

I'm happy that I only went 8 calories over my goal today..total of 1408cals. And my leg workout only took me 20 minutes, so I only spent an hour and a half in the gym and went to the grocery store to pick up some more lean cuisines for work. I understand the whole lack of motivation. By doing an hour of cardio everyday on the treadmill, eliptical or arc trainer, it's reallllly hard to keep myself distracted. But there are only so many good TV shows, magazines and songs on my IPOD. Once I move into my new apartment, I am going to check into kickboxing classes so I can mix my routine up a bit. I'm glad my college is out for the summer (and that I'm not taking summer classes) otherwise it'd be questionable how many days I get to work out. Last semester almost killed me because I could barely make 3 days a week..luckily this upcoming fall semester will give me a bit more time and no late labs.

Anywho, hopefully I don't sleep through my alarm clock again since I work tomorrow but I get to head to bed early and I already did my calorie logging for tomorrow (yay! 1550cal day!)...
Old 05-29-2006, 12:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I'm a "relaxed" calorie counter I'd guess you'd say. By this stage I know the rough value of most foods and never really go over about 1400 calories...most days when I actually add them all up I am closer to the lower end of 1200.

I'm mostly maintaining...but slowly edging back down to about 57-58kgs (125-127) pounds. I'm at 130 now on a 5'6 frame. Like mdust I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs...I have a muscular build.

As for exercise...normally I run about 4-5 times a week but I have done my knee in recently and so had a week off from anything. Surprisingly my weight went DOWN (demented body). Anyway, I am now taking it slowly and walking to build back up and strengthen that knee again.

Liv
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:08 AM   #11  

First of all, I just want to say that both mdust and Lyria, your pictures are hot, Hot, HOT! You gals look great in them. You're both so pretty.

Lyria, I'm wondering, do you write down everything you eat? Or just keep a rough calculation in your head? I hope your knee feels better soon and that's a good idea to take it easy for a bit and gain strength back from walking.

mdust, it sounds like you did very well yesterday! Ipods are amazing - I use my sister's which only holds songs, no movies or anything like that. I should probably invest in one though, I think it would make my workouts far more interesting Good idea to mix up the workouts, kickboxing sounds like fun...I think I need to do something similar here.

Right now I am keeping my food intake all written down in a notebook. Yesterday checked in at 1370 calories which was awesome for me.
I just finished my degree and am going to teachers college in September. I have heard how intensive the program is so I hope that I won't start putting on weight from the stress when school begins. Right now, my life is stress-free...no guy problems (no guy at all in the picture, actually!), no school problems, no job or friend problems etc. I am job hunting currently but its not hugely urgent which is nice for a change. Life is good and I want to be prepared with good habits to take me through the next school year.

What are you girls up to in life? Mdust, what are you studying in school?

Have a great day
Old 05-29-2006, 09:40 AM   #12  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 166/152/140

Height: 5'9"

I am counting calories. I keep track in a journal. Lately it has been harder because we have been eating prepared food at cookouts and such when I can only estimate in my head what the calories might be. But for the rest of the time this is what keeps me on track.

I am 5'9" and i would like to get down to 125 for my ultimate goal. I carry all my weight in my thighs and hips (Pear shape). I would like to get to a 4/6 size in jeans. Right now I am a size 8 and up.

Today is memorial day. It is going to be 90 degrees here in maryland so I will be going swimming with the kids. Have a nice day everyone
kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:40 PM   #13  

Awww thanks Cyndy! I appreciate the comment
Life isn't going too bad right now (although I am starving for lunch but have to wait for the other tech to get back from her break). I'm in school for my PharmD (doctorate of pharmacy) to become a pharmacist. It's a 6 year program and I am going to be entering my 3rd year this fall. But thank goodness I am out for the summer, so I can pay more attention to myself :P Don't worry, Cyndy, about gaining weight during the year--just make sure you don't decide to start a strict diet/lifestyle during the first semester like I did (I want to decrease my BF% to a bodybuilder's range, but it was WAY too strict for my life and stressful school environment and that's how I ended up gaining 10 pounds after jumping off that low-carb diet that my old nutritionist/trainer had me on)....I also have to write down everything in my calorie notebook. I am a horrible estimator and don't trust my food-instinct. So I just calculate what I'm going to eat usually the night before.

Anyways, I just found out that my BF and I will be starting to move out by the end of this week. I'm nervous because it's the first time either have us have moved out..so it'll be interesting. I really want this Isaac Mizrahi flower bed set from Target, but it is way to expensive for my funds.

Today is going pretty well, the hospital isn't too busy (I work in an inpatient pharmacy as an intern) and am planning on working out after work and then I might stop by Target and browse their bed sets...Argh..but I am hungry! And, on top of that, I am anxious to see how much I weigh come Saturday, I just hope I am not getting all worked up for nothing.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

lol, thankyou Cyndy And I used to write everything I ate down but I think I have slight obsessive tendencies lol and I started getting a little toooo strict with myself. Now I just keep a mental tally in my head. Before I ballooned out I was good with my eating...healthy and all that - just didn't move enough! I was a really activer younger teen and then hurt my foot really bad which prevented my from anything more strenuous than a hobble for about 6 months...

My life at the moment is about on par with a good Soapie.

I broke up with my boyfriend about two weeks ago and he went weird...I took out a restraining order and decided to be lenient and let it go at an "undertaking" which he refused to sign because if he did it would mean he had to admit what he did was wrong (and he's never wrong) and then this morning I find out he's taken out a restraining order against ME (for offensive behaviour during breakup *cough* wanker *cough*)...

Luckily I work in a law firm and well..the police know me (so much so they waived the stipulation that all orders must be served in person and let me come pick it up myself) most of the courts know me...*shrugs* But it's such a stress!

On the upside...I did get head hunted for a new job today. I like where I am now too much to consider it seriously but its very nice to know you're wanted.

Other than that...not much is going on in my life at the moment. I guess the above is more than enough for anyone really.

Hope you're having wonderful weeks

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:50 AM   #15  

Hey girls! I'm sorry I can't respond to your posts at the moment, I gotta run any minute out the door. I volunteer at a school on Tuesdays. I just wanted to say hi, though It is soooo incredibly hot here. The air is so thick and hot...
Yesterday I ate far more than I hoped for, but counted every bit. I hate to say it, but it worked out to be 1983 cals, at least I didn't let it turn into a binge.

I will write more tomorrow morning!!!

Have a fantastic day