South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 06:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chat - June 22

Good morning! What's your weather? We had a big t-storm last night and I was amazed to see my ISP was still up this morning. AND my ticker is no longer a liar!

I need to scurry around as Craig is delivering three cords of firewood to the boathouse in a few minutes. I need to open the gate, pay him and supervise the dumping so we don't block access to the boathouse. Ian (Ottawa cousin-type) will be here at ten to stack and I am going to just let him do it. (I've got a few aches and pains this morning. ) He's moving it into the boathouse so he can ferry it up to the island on the installment plan. No doubt he'll mooch lunch. The Island is the family cottage on the Upper Lake - a lovely restful spot.

Later today I hope to get to Kingston to get my passport photo done. I am going to Indiana mid-August and feel more secure with a passport. Mine is about due to expire. It'll be a rush trip as I need to be back for feeding time and also have a Fair Board meeting tonight.

What's happening chez toi?
Old 06-22-2006, 07:42 AM   #2  

Eeeeert EeeeeeertEeeeeeeert! That's the wake up Alarm Chicadoodles! Time to git up and git on with the day!

It's a good thing I opened a new window, lest we'd have two dailies to merge Ruth! Once again yer day is CHOCK O FULL!!!! Ferrying wood to enchanting cottages eh.. sounds like a loverly passage in a fairytale.

This morn off to exercise... and then LLordess and I are going to take in a noon matinee of Cars. I plan to bring my water (they want $4.50 for a large -Hiway Robbery I say!!!) and a nectarine to munch on.
Other than that... making cube steak fer dinner... mashed potatos for DH and mashed cauliflower for me...and stay in the air conditioning... It's gonna be hotter than hades here to day... BUT FIRST.... m.u.s.t. g.e.t. CAWFEE!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:59 AM   #3  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Ruth and Shatzi.
(shatzi, I thought you were gassy, not the alarm...LOL.. too early for some things)

I am drinking my coffee as well.. got to have at least 10 cups to get started in the mornings, I have a Doctors appointment today over my leg injury, 101 miles one way, I hope he get a diagnosis for this lame leg.. It is getting frustrating not getting it fixed! Take Care everyone.. and I will report on the Doctors visit..
Old 06-22-2006, 08:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,
I'm taking a chance posting, as we are experiencing some heavy storms right now. In between showers the sun has been peeking out, making things hot and steamy, so the air conditioner will be running full throttle today! I'm going to take the girls to a traveling petting zoo, we go every year and they really look forward to it. They have a lot of rides and other activities, too, so I hope the rain clears out of here. Supper tonight will be something with pork chops.

Ruth ~ It is a good idea to keep your passport up-to-date and take it with you these days. You never know what's going to happen, anymore! Get out there and supervise those guys unloading that wood, gotta keep them on their toes!

Schatzi ~ Have a good time at the movies, I heard that "Cars" is great, and I want to see it, too!

Crockett ~ Keeping my fingers crossed for you that your leg problem will be taken care of this time. Have a safe drive.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:18 AM   #5  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone....I'm up doing laundry - before I goto work, but I want to finish it today. I also have a newsletter to do & edit the schedule before I go in at 1 (never enough time!)
Ruth - great job w/ the losing & the ticker!!
Schatzi - thanks for the pm...I'm not sure what to do!!
Crock - hope the leg feels better -have a safe drive.
Cottage - we had some crazy storms yesterday/last night - it was super fun carrying in the groceries (and I was by myself - so it was 2 trips!)
Off to start my day...that coffee sounds good!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:42 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh! Everything takes longer in the country. I'm just back from meeting Craig at seven with the wood. Of course, he asked me for coffee at the Long Horn and there was lots of jawboning going on. Then I came home followed by Ron the Chef from the LH who wanted to see what my huge plot of garlic looked like. He just left now. 2.5 hours for a five minute dump of wood! Never mind, it's relaxing. Ian will probably be here in a few minutes - 10 is his early time!

It's really hot and muggy today so there will not be any outdoor work. I hope to get to Kingston this afternoon but the day is running behind already. I'm making a yummy asparagus, red pepper and HB egg salad for lunch today again. AND I have more strawberries. I love summer foods!

I hope your day is going well!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:54 AM   #7  

I just spent a pleasant hour working in my flower beds. It's great to be able to get out there and work in the morning before it gets too hot! Cindy called earlier and doesn't need me until noon again today. If I had known sooner I would have made an appt. to get my hair cut. I did make a tentative one for tomorrow morning at a new place. I'm just having them cut my hair and then see if I like it before I let them do any highlighting and coloring. I not thrilled with the hairdresser I have now, especially for what she charges. The next time I see someone with a great cut I need to work up the courage to go up to them and ask where they get their hair done. They'll probably think I'm some kinda nut!!
I think I'm going to fix myself some iced coffee and go sit out on the patio for a while. I'll catch up with you all later.

Soon ~ I've missed you lately, you busy gal!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:02 AM   #8  

Good morning, ladies! I am finally caught up on reading all the posts that came in while camp gave me no time to read. I had a full day on Saturday at a meeting for camp and archery training. Then I got 124 toolbox kits and had to run to two stores to find the right nails. I bought everything Lowes had in the right size. I needed over 2000 nails for the toolboxes! Then I spent every minute on Sunday and on Monday until I had to leave for camp getting them predrilled (14 holes per box) and marking the sides so the boys could match up the holes. Brian was a huge help with the marking. I also had to get stuff ready for the other areas I was coordinating.

There was the usual confusion on first day of camp. I had the wrong tables for the shop and not enough hammers but eventually got what I needed. Just about every boy finished his toolbox but there is no way they would have if I hadn't predrilled. Monday night I picked up 133 catapult kits. They came with their nails but I needed to buy extra nails, screws and rubber bands. I really needed extra clothespins (with a large ring) but couldn't find them. They were already partially predrilled so it didn't take long to drill two holes and mark one spot on each. I had to make another run to the store for more white construction paper and some extra spoons for spoon jousting. My boy scout was wonderful at helping the boys and so were the Walking Den Leaders (adult chaperones). It was still challenging since the kits were complicated and one group of boys was almost 50 boys. Most boys finished in the session.

Tuesday was posters for Emergency Prep and making metal bowls. Then they got to do Castle bowling when they finished. Yesterday was the day for the Bears to build catapults. Those kits are tough but most boys finished. We had lots of fun in the shop but it is one of the harder things to set up and clean up. No time for any breaks.

Today my boys are making invitation to the Friday family picnic as well as helping the younger boys with fingerprinting. In the Sports and Games area they get to do a Rope Toss, toss pennies at a dragon picture and play box golf. They have also gotten to tour Red Cross and fire vehicles, see a helicopter, visit with McGruff and Smokey the Bear, see guys do tricks with fire, watch mock sword fights and jousting and see the Knights and King from Medieval Times. Every day is lots of fun and activities but now I have all my stuff prepared so I have more time.

My weight is doing good. Right around 142.5. I am not getting my veggies in but I am eating a SB approved sandwich with fruit and a few pretzels for dinner. I know the pretzels are off plan but I think the salt is good for me in the heat. THey have given the staff hats (with a dragon brand on them) and cold neck things that really help us stay cool. Temperatures have been in the middle to upper 90's but we've had a breeze so it isn't too bad and most activities are in the shade (except Sports and Games).

I am having a wonderful time and really feel confident about what I am doing.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:10 AM   #9  
Losing never felt so good

S/C/G: A lot/a little less/a lot less

Busy day here. Baby just went down for a nap. My sister is coming over with her 2 kids to babysit because I have to take my grandfather into the city for some tests. He was just diagnosed with a rare type of cancer...I know...bummer. So, I am trying to get things ready for sis. I am making them pizza for lunch...trying SO HARD not to endulge my craving for it. I LOVE pizza. It's my downfall.

Have a great day ladies. It's about to POUR here so it might make a tough trip to Philadelphia!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:32 AM   #10  
gotta lose it!

Cottage - I hope you find a hair dresser that you love. I just switched mine...I was driving down to Toledo (about a hour) because I loved my hairdresser. Now I found one that does a great job & she charges the same & she 10 mins away!
Yes - I've been busy & my weight loss (or lack of) has been effected. I need to get my stuff together!
I still think Barb & Ruthie are 2x busier than me!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:32 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Yeah I'm alive. I know some of you might have wondered where I've been. I've been pulling my hair out, then on vacation (KEY WEST BABY!) and now I'm back to pulling my hair out again. This new job is fun, but there are some not-so-fun parts too.

I trained for a month at a sister store, then went on vacation to Key West and got back late Sunday night. Opened at my own store Monday. Had to terminate my first employee yesterday, three days into my own store. That was a fun 10 hour day, let me tell you. I certainly didn't want to waltz into a store and have to terminate people right away, but it had to be done. Then I got a call at 2:30am (don't worry, I'd only been asleep for 3 and a half hours) from our security place saying that the alarm had never been set after they closed. So I had to get in my car and drive over there, set the alarm, come back home, and try to go to sleep. I'm a little puffy today.

The good news is that I was semi-good down in Key West. Did NOT get my water, definitely (why drink water when there's so much beer available?) but we went to the store our first day there and got healthy things for breakfast and lunch, and only ate out for dinner. Most of my dinner options were red beans and rice, black beans and rice, a quesadilla with cheese and black beans (which I split with Molly and Terry,) Havana Nachos with black beans (I also split with Molly,) etc. Can you tell I got my beans and was regular? Plus, we walked almost everywhere we went because the condo we stayed at was perfectly located. We also swam a lot, once Tropical Storm Alberto was out of the way (stupid Al!!!)

I only gained 2 lbs while I was down there, and after 1 day of being good (Monday,) I lost that 2 lbs. It was all water weight I'm sure, because I think 1 lb of it was in my feet and the other was in my waist. Molly pointed out how swollen my feet were on the airplane ride back to St. Louis. Ick.

So now I'm back on my combination of Weight Watchers and SBD. I went to Old Navy before the trip and bought a pair of capris and a pair of shorts, BOTH size 6!!!! I told my friend David that, and he said "Good, wasn't a 6 your goal?" Uh, well I guess it was one of them. I've decided that my goal is not going to be based on a size # or a weight #, but healthy eating and being active. I want to lose my beer roll and my saddle bags and then tone up what I've got. That's my goal.

Hope you all have been well and successfully OP! Hope to have time to be around more often. Take care everyone!

Lisa

PS Looks like I may be going back to Key West in January!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:34 AM   #12  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Morning All. I love reading all your posts. I'm a work and having a hard time not eating. We celebrated a co-workers birthday a bit ago with this wonderful look cake. I didn't eat any, but it was sooo hard. I'm on day 8 of SB and feeling discouraged. I only lost 3 pounds in week one, and I was hoping for more. Doesn't feel like my weight is moving at all this week so far and I'm hungry. No not hungry, wanting something. I guess I should just say I'm feeling sorry for myself that I can't eat what I want. There I said it. It's over with. Shake it off an move on. Right? I had three slices of canadian bacon for breakfast, and having a brocalli slaw salad for lunch with turkey breast. Ugh, this is difficult.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and everything goes your way.

JPS
Old 06-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #13  
gotta lose it!

WEEZLE - I'm glad you have fun in the keys.....You're going back in Jan - can I come too!? DF & I are still paying the bills from that trip (I think we added up $1300) for the week - but we drank a lot & ate out alot too. Every evening we were at Malory square & we spent 3/4 afternoons at Hog's Breathe. I didn't gain any weight when I was there, but I didn't lose either. Glad you're back!!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #14  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Morning Ladies!

Well lets see whats on my agends today. Ummm nothing really. I do have to go buy stamps and maybe put some money into a savings account. I'm trying to save for 2 things. A weekend trip to Hawai'i when DH is in that port and a trip to Phoenix for a friend's wedding in March. And it is sunny today I do not like sunny. It could rain every day and I'd be just fine. Plus I tend y\to get a little nauseated if I'm out in the sun too much.

I've been so bad these past two nights. I went to a party down the street and had a few shots, maybe three. Then last night I had a taco on a flour tortilla. It upset my stomach a little. But I've still managed to lose two lbs. It seems like the weight is coming off faster now in ph 2 than it did in ph 1.

I'm having a pear for breakfast and some milk. Then I'm off to exercise and start my day.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #15  

The darned rain chased me inside, and now the sun is shining again! At least it gave me time to make my lunch to go. Ruth, I finally made that Sonoma Salad recipe, and am looking forward to eating it. I made it with shrimp, so it should be extra good. Weezle, WELCOME BACK! You sound good and rested, I know you needed that! That must have been hard having to terminate someone so soon after you started your new job, but I'm sure you must have had to do it. [B]Mudlucious, you're pretty lucky that you still lost weight after those drinks, any time I have a drink other than wine, I'm always up a lb or two!
Barb, I don't know how you do it all, you're a Superwoman!
Closed Thread