Old 06-17-2006, 06:53 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #133

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:54 AM   #2  

Good Saturday morning ladies! It is Time to get UP! Hope you all are going to have a great weekend. We have a lunch and a movie planned with the big T for Father's Day and I am looking forward to that. Make sure your dad, or hubby knows you love him this Sunday!

Faye
Old 06-18-2006, 06:36 AM   #3  

Good morning gals! We had heck of a thunderstorm last evening and are expecting more today. Hope you all have a great day with your special someone!

Faye
Old 06-18-2006, 09:35 AM   #4  

Have fun at the movies, Faye
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:08 AM   #5  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is reflecting on what we want to accomplish by year's end. We all set mini goals and long range goals, but are we accomplishing them? If not, why not? Let's look at the overall picture of what we want the rest of this year and then do what needs to be done.

Good morning gals. We had a fun time with Thomas on Saturday. I have to say there were no mice in the movie, just a fat rat...UGH! It was not animation, but real so I kept looking away until Jack would tell me it was gone. We went to a place called Big Foot Lodge for lunch and that was fun. We even made smores for dessert there. It was funny as T's dad took his marshmallow and said he would do it so Thomas wouldn't burn it and it promptly went up in flames! We are looking forward to our trip this weekend with them.

BTW***REMINDER: I will be gone from Friday on most of the weekend so no topic Friday.***

Everyone have a good day today!

Faye
Old 06-20-2006, 07:14 AM   #6  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week are veggies. If you are a veggy hater, try incorporating them into soups or stews instead of eating them outright. It is essential in any kind of diet, no matter what plan you choose to get in vegetables. Try adding broccoli to salads if you don't like it cooked or spinach to a lowfat lasagna.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Faye
Old 06-20-2006, 08:16 AM   #7  

Hi everyone!

Things are just plugging along here. It's finally gotten hot and sunny here, 80s and clear skies. Summer in Maine is so short, you have to enjoy it while you can. We're going camping with friends this weekend at Acadia National Park on the ocean. Much fun...probably too much food. My major downfall is eating too much while socializing. I've realized recently that I socialize a lot!

Finally cleaned out the garage so dh & I can work out there again. For some reason, I always pick the hottest day of the year to clean the garage...every time! Anyway, I've got weights and medicine balls and these cool things called clubbells and other fitness "toys"....now I just have to get my butt out there. Going skating today, and probably swimming too. Lots of exercise, just tooooo much food. Sigh. I don't know if I'll ever get my life together enough to lose this weight.

Oh well, I'm thankful that I'm healthy and active and have a healthy family.

Cheers everyone!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:23 AM   #8  

Hi ladies! My veggie suggestion, grate carrot and/or zucchini and add to meatloaf for an extra moist loaf. Have veggies cut up and ready to eat sitting in the front in you refrigerator so you can grab them instead of a higher calorie snack.

My husband will be moved to Convelescent Care on Friday. Fortunately it is the one that is near our house. The doctor says he will be there a minimum of 3 months. I'm hoping once he is there I can take him out to a movie or dinner in a wheel chair occasionally. They took him to another hospital 50 miles away yesterday by ambulance so they could evaluate him for hyperbaric chamber treatment. Fortunately, since it would mean they would have had to move him to that hospital, the assessment showed that he had good oxygen already in both legs so the treatment wouldn't make a difference. So now it's just a wait for everything to heal.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:16 AM   #9  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so if you have something to gripe about, tell us what we can do to help.

Susan: I am so glad your husband is finally on the mend and it is truly good news about his circulation in his legs. I know it will be hard on the two of you with him being away from home, but won't it be great to have him back home healthy!

Hope everyone is having a stupendous day today!

Faye
Old 06-21-2006, 07:20 PM   #10  

Susan- some good news. I'm glad that he's near home and that things are healing up.

My weight has been flying off the chart. This last weekend about killed us (3 big-ish events). Then the baby got a very gross stomach flu complete with explosive diarrhea. Then Amelia got it. I haven't slept for a few days for all of the late night vomit comfort (and laundry) that I've been doing. Last night I was up from midnight to 5am with Amelia. The night before up to 3:30am...

Then of course, I'm watching the girls and Erin during the day, so sleep is not an option...

DH gets out of it saying that it's important for him to sleep so he can go to work the next day. He has a point, but I'm so tired, it's easy to not pay attention to what I've been eating. It feels like I'm eating to make up for the sleep I'm not getting.

Two words... Wiped Out.

*Yawn*
goodnight ladies.
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:59 AM   #11  

THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us Thursday so make some time for just you today!

LeeAnn: Hope you are able to catch up on your sleep this weekend. Make hubby watch the girls. He has no excuse now!

Carri: We are worried about you as we haven't heard from you. You better let us know you are ok, or you will get the infamous, Faye email!!!

Everyone have a great weekend and don't forget, I will gone until at least Sunday so no topic tomorrow.

Faye
Old 06-22-2006, 08:28 AM   #12  

You can always tell when summer is here - people are too busy to check in but I do worry about them. Carrie, Amanda, the rest of you ... just a minute of your time to let us know you are still with us.

I'm hanging in there!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:36 PM   #13  

Hey ladies! I don't really have much to say today. I'm back on the wagon, hubby and I are trying to get a day out alone together, and Amelia's picking all of the cotton out of her cast... bad. We have a dr. appt on monday to put a new one on her.

-Lee Ann
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:03 AM   #14  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Sorry I've not been around - I've just felt like I've not got much to say really!

I have given up on Slimfast after losing a big fat ZERO pounds - I am hugely disappointed as I tried soooooooooo hard and was hungry loads! I just figure now that on Slimfast I was starving hungry and didn't lose weight, whereas the six months before that I ate healthily and didn't lose weight - so I think I'll go back to eating! Seriously, I am GUTTED that I am not losing weight - I am working out so hard and my eating is okay (not brilliant, but pretty healthy in general) - but now my weight has even started to creep up by a few pounds. I have made an appointment to see my doctor next week to talk to her about it as I am at my wits end - I'm going to insist on getting my thyroid checked, but if that comes back ok, then I don't know what I'll do. I started out this year so absolutley confident that I would reach my goal weight this year - now I just feel like I am never going to lose this weight, no matter how hard I am trying. I am doing nothing different from last year, infact I am working out harder and have periodically tried dropping my calories - but nothing makes any difference - it's so disheartening and it isn't helping with my depression.

Anyway, sorry to moan - I guess the one positive thing is that I know I will not give up - exercise & healthy eating are part of my life now and I have no intention of chucking them in!

CARRI UPDATE: I PM'd Carri a week or so ago and she is fine. She's decided to take a step back from the group and won't be visiting regularly, but wishes us all the best and said she may pop in from time to time to say hi.

Take care all,

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:52 PM   #15  

Good afternoon everyone! I am back home so will post tomorrow morning!

Faye