Old 06-21-2006, 01:12 PM   #1  

Default Back on Atkins!

Hey all.

I took a brief break. Had a death in the family. It's hard to stay on any diet when you are depressed. But the good thing is I didn't overeat. In fact, I lost another 2 lbs...only...but it's ok.

I'm down 12 lbs since starting atkins and am happy about that. I don't know if I'll hit my 4th of July goal but I'm going to try.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm thinking of trying the fat-fast to get myself back into Atkins faster.

Hope everyone is having a good summer.
Buffy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:59 PM   #2  

Welcome back...the fat-fast is difficult but do-able. I had to add some of the extra foods to feel satisfied. Keep posting with updates!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcom back buffy. I was wondering what happened to you.
Sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like you held it together pretty well though.
I just did the fast recently to help with a 4 week stall. Being that you are just getting back into things you should have a pretty good first week back. I would wait a few weeks after being OP without cheating. then if youneed it do it. I couldn't do just eggs so I switched off eggs and macadamia nuts for 2 days and lost 2 lbs. It got me moving again.
good luck!
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:04 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome back and sorry to hear of your loss. Congratulations on staying good on the eating while things were so stressful. Good luck and best wishes.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:30 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Sorry to hear about the death in your family.

I wouldn't suggest doing the fat fast quite yet either. We're always pointing out to people that Atkins should be done "by the book" or "correctly" or it could be dangerous. And the book states that the fat fast should only be done if there's a stall. Or metabolic resistance. As you're just officially re-starting I think it's too early to be doing a fast. Just my 2 cents.
Welcome back
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #6  

Thanks so much for your suggestion on the fat-fast. I will wait a while to get back into ketosis first. I'm barely showing signs of it again and I feel good enough to give it another go and see how I lose. I seemed to lose ok last time so maybe the fat-fast won't have to be used at all.

Thank you very much for your condolences. I actually lost my father. A hard blow to me and my family. But, being on Atkins was the best thing. I think if I were eating all that junk and carbs I would be feeling worse. I did take one day and ate some bread and lots of carbs and I felt horrible! I was so sleepy and tired and irritable. I immediately went back to low carb...amazing what all that crap sugar can do to you!
Old 06-24-2006, 09:00 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Hey, are you using the ketostix (or however you spell them)? Don't always rely on those to see if you're in ketosis. Also, don't forget to take measurements. THAT'S the real way to see if you've lost weight.

Which reminds me..I forgot to measure my "start" again.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:47 PM   #8  

Hi Lady_Abner -

You are so right about the measurements. I haven't taken my measurements but my clothes are so much looser than when I first started the diet. I know I've lost in inches but I've been bad to keep track of that.

A few years ago I went through this radical exercise kick -- and went from a size 12 to a size 4...but on the scale I only lost about 15 lbs. I was a size 4 and weighed 155 pounds! So the scale isn't always going to say what you think it will. It's so interesting.

So you don't rely on the ketosis strips? I am using them and they seem to be working for me...although...who knows right?

Hope everyone is doing well!