South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/274/145

Height: 5'4

Cool Starting SBD on 06/25

I have been doing dr phil's diet for 3 days now and am starving...so I have decided to continue with some modifications until i can get paid and buy some south beach diet foods...most are the same but it seems that my hunger would be squelched on the SBD. Does anyone have any info for me regarding the issue? I am tired of being fat and tired all the time so I've figured I need to do something about it...diabetes runs in my family so I think this would be a great lifestyle change for my sister and I. We are both Overeaters and I'm hoping that this will help get rid of our sweettooths and carb addiction. I will eat bread all by itself for a meal...and eat tons of pizza...we both love to eat so if anyone that's like me has any good outcomes on the SBD please let me know. I don't want to waste my money on the cookbooks and stuff if I don't have to.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

hello silver,
I haven't started the SBD yet. planning on starting Sat. that is the day I do my groc shopping, now I am on a 1000 cal ad plan, (obivously it is not working) so I will stick to that until then.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:09 PM   #3  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

hey girls!

I think you'll be very successful with SBD as long as you follow the plan honestly. I'm not saying no cheating but eat the 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks, fill up on 4 1/2 cups of veggies, eat protein that is lean and healthy, fill yourself and don't be afraid. It will be a bit tough to kick the bread/sugar habit but it will be so good in the long run.

There are tons of recipes that are tried and tested by us in the recipe section so you don't need to buy any cookbooks. Read the emergency handbook posted here and the updated food list http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=115 I do think reading the original book is very helpful so that you truly understand all of the principles behind the plan.

And post here, we'll hold you accountable and keep you motivated. This is kind of a pep talk to myself b/c I'lve gotten a little lax on my SBD. I think I'll read through the book again to refresh and make myself a menu plan for the rest of the week.

Welcome!
Old 06-22-2006, 06:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/274/145

Height: 5'4

Default Newbie to SBD---forgot to add info in last post

So to introduce myself, I am mel and I am here to lose 137 lbs...it all started when my hubby and i moved in together before we got married...i don't know if it was because i am comfy with him and i could eat more but man did i eat...we used to eat mcdonalds, wendys, jack in the box, burger king, pastas, tons of carbs, so i figure thats where i went wrong..lucky him he only gained in his stomach area which i know is bad...but i gained all over...and i have this god awful belly it makes me sick to look at myself in the mirror...i don't know about any of you but i don't feel fat...but when i look in the mirror i can't believe its really me...i still feel like i'm skinny...but anyways...just wanted to add my "story" to the boards...anyone that wants to be a SBD buddy with me let me know...i would love to find someone with similar weight to lose...i am having my sister join this with me and hopefully we can both find our true skinnier selves...we both used to be hot and now we are like the pillsbury dough boy...sad...i hope anyone here will read my last post and let me know more info on going about the SBD...i can't wait...Dr Phil's diet lasted for 3 days...all the fruit just made me hungrier..and i could have sworn i would have turned orange with all the carrots...i just want to get thru the 2 weeks on this and be ready for phase 2...i am looking forward to all of your support and help...i want to be hot for the day i go to vegas or graceland and renew my wedding vows...i want to be in a cute dress...one that i couldn't even fit into at my own wedding ..i was a size eighteen then...i want to be the healthy, thinner mel
Old 06-22-2006, 09:25 AM   #5  

Welcome, mel! There is a bio thread that is stickied at the top of this forum that you might want to post your bio in. You will find info about many of us there.

South Beach has been great for helping me lose over 70 pounds. Many of the recipes from the recipe books are posted here as well as many other good recipes. Give them a try. The Taco Bake is a favorite for phase 1. You need to make sure you eat beans and dairy so that you have enough healthy carbs.

I know as long as I eat my snack and eat lots of veggies with my meals, I'm not hungry.
Closed Thread