General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 07:32 PM   #1  

Default Good Commercials

So I clearly watched too much TV this weekend and i was curious, what are your favorite ads on TV these days? I really like the citi bank identity theft ones. The old ladies always have me laughing with their deep manly voices. Another clever one i saw was for the new Land Rover LR3. Its footage of the LR3 using its navigation system to guide the aircraft in mid-flight, I think its pretty cool, because no one has tried a stunt like this until now and its amazing that a car's navigation system can track correctly at that speed and altitude.
I found a clip of it and attached it. What are some of your favorite commercials on TV right now?
link.http://www.vimeo.com/clip:73729
Old 06-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #2  
LLV

Anything with half-naked men.

lol, okay, sorry, I had to say it.

I really don't watch much TV. And when I do, I watch the digital movie networks and those are commercial-free. But I'd have to say some of my favorite ads are during football season during the games. Some of them are pretty funny.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:22 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I know that I don't like food commercials as they trigger me to want to eat even when I'm not hungry. Most beer commercials are pretty funny. As a total non-drinker these don't bother me.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:56 AM   #4  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

I know this is an old commercial but I was just telling my husband about it yesterday. It's one of my favorites. It's a Nike commercial and a woman is running through a park, being chased by a chainsaw-wielding maniac. My memory may be embellishing but it's like a scene from a movie when the helpless woman is being chased through the woods and keeps falling down and crying and whatever. Anyway, in the commerical, she just keeps running faster and the murderer is left behind, all out of breath. It was really brilliant.

Just do it!
Old 06-19-2006, 09:37 AM   #5  

I love the Tractor Supply Company commercials with the dolls talking to each other.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

My favorite is the Kmart ad for "shorts on sale" they have been running this spring and summer.

Picture a little girl and her friend sitting at the kitchen table playing. The father comes in, and says that he has lost a few pounds, and can fit into his old shorts...the shorts are the SUPER short 1970's jogging style with the white stripes up the sides of the hips. SUPER TIGHT...SUPER SHORT. Father does NOT have a good body. He BENDS OVER into the fridge/freezer and starts saying "Who wants ice cream???" while the little girl is horrified and her friend looks like she is about to bust out in peals of laughter.

Then the Kmart part starts...and says "Need new shorts?"
Old 06-19-2006, 10:31 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil
My favorite is the Kmart ad for "shorts on sale" they have been running this spring and summer.

Picture a little girl and her friend sitting at the kitchen table playing. The father comes in, and says that he has lost a few pounds, and can fit into his old shorts...the shorts are the SUPER short 1970's jogging style with the white stripes up the sides of the hips. SUPER TIGHT...SUPER SHORT. Father does NOT have a good body. He BENDS OVER into the fridge/freezer and starts saying "Who wants ice cream???" while the little girl is horrified and her friend looks like she is about to bust out in peals of laughter.

Then the Kmart part starts...and says "Need new shorts?"

I love that one too! The poor little girl just looks humiliated! Reminds me of when i was little
Old 06-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #8  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

This could fit under the AI thread too, but....

The new Ford Commercial with Taylor Hicks is HOT!! That man raises my body temp anyway! Woooooooooooooo!!
Old 06-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

my all time favorite commercial was a superbowl one from a few years ago. It was for some sort of bank.

It had a man fixing a nice pasta dinner and a white cat who jumps up to check out what's going on and knocks over the pot of tomato sauce spilling all over the cat. The man has a knife in his hand and reaches down to get the cat out of the mess when his girlfriend walks in-looks like the man has butchered the cat and the voice comes over saying, "we know there is more to the story, we'll listen." or something like that. If I can find it, I'll post it.
found it- I still chucke when I see it:
http://www.fugly.com/media/view.php?cat=MOVIES&id=4296
Old 06-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

OMG Aphil! That one is hilarious and kind of gross!

I too love the citibank ones! The one guy doing his Unbreak my heart, say you'll love me forever....too funny!

There was one that I haven't seen in a while...it was 4 guys...the one comes in and asks them about someone...they are dancing to Push It...a guy is sitting on the desk holding the boom box while the other two are dancing...for the life of me I can't remember what company that was for.

There's just too many though.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:11 PM   #11  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

I love the Honda Element commercial, with the little crab... "I pinch"... I cannot stop giggling at it!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:08 AM   #12  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

haha, Maria, I like that "I pinch" one, too!

I saw one last night that literally made me and my boyfriend both burst out laughing. I don't remember what comapny it was for (which means it's not a very effective commercial, but still hilarious), but it's just 2 guys in a locker room or something, and their comparing their cell phones. The guy on the left says his has theft deterrent and invites the other guy to, "go ahead...try to steal my wallet." When he does, the guy chucks his cell phone at the other guy's head...it probably doesn't sound very funny to explain it, but it is HILARIOUS to watch!

The Citi identity theft ones are definitely good.

Volkwagen used to have really good commercials a few years back--the "da da da" song one where they pick up a stinky chair on the curb, the "your secret's safe with us" ones with someone alone in the car talking about things he doesn't like to admit to others (in one, he was complaining about how when his kid drops a cookie, he hates that he has to tell him to throw it away. "After all, that cookie just hit the ground. That cookie is still good.")--but now they have these really obnoxious ones with some sort of German engineer guy with an accent...ugh, I can't stand those.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Oh gosh...some of those commercials are so funny My favorite right now is the Dunkin Donuts one where there are people out in the hot sun on the beach singing,"One billion degrees....it's like one billion degrees".The guy with the flowery eye goggles looks like a friend of my husband's....cracks me up every time.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:25 AM   #14  
Addicted to potato salad!

I like the Dunkin Donuts one, too, where they're singing about 'stickin to the plether!'...

I haven't seen the Kmart ad yet. But my favorite lately is the car ad for, I think, VW, where everyone has a bullhorn shouting about what their car says about them..."Because I have more money than you" etc....and the best is the balding guy in the yellow Ferrari-ish car that says, "Because I'm making up for my 'short comings'!" I just love that one...

But my favorite of all time is from the 80's for the arcade game, Burgertime. The guy comes up to a fast-food drive up window and sees a giant hot dog chasing other food around the kitchen and next thing you know the hot dog comes up to the window and yells, "WE'RE CLOSED NOW!!" and slams the sliding door shut on the guy. I don't know why, but that just always cracked me up!!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:07 PM   #15  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

I love the aflac commericals. That aflac duck cracks me up!
Closed Thread