Old 06-20-2006, 11:58 AM   #1  
Believe!

Wink It's Aqua from Florida!

Thanks for so many responses to my first post! Well, I am on my way....this is the second day of SBD. I guess I need to make mini-goals because when I look at the amount of weight I need to loose, I panic.

Alittle about me - I work for the school system; have an 18 year old daughter getting ready to start college; just went through a divorce; have constantly picked all the wrong men; am 53 but right now feel 73; my faith is very important to me; moved from South Jersey....hmmmmm, what else? Well, if you want to know anything, just ask!

Hope you are all doing well!
aqua272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi! I think that is the best solution is the mini goals. I have it figured out and I need 10 10% of my body weight goals and I will be there. It is exciting as I approach my first goal and it makes in not quite so bad when you realize that you can loose it a little at a time. I am no where near Florida but have visited it a couple of times and I love it. Good Luck in your weight loss journey.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hey Aqua! I'm on the east coast of FL--where are you?

I have to do the small goals too--if I looked at the big picture, I would throw my hands in the air, then wrap them around a pint of Ben and Jerry's! I just reached a mini-goal last week (breaking the 300 mark), and now my new goal is 290, which will be 50 lbs total gone. It helps to do it in small ways like that. And for me, with so much to lose, there seems to be a milestone number around every corner!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:49 PM   #4  
Believe!

Cool Aqua here!

Yes, my first is a 10 lb aim.....but, with just moving, I can't find the scale!
But, still going strong on SBD. I am amazed .....I do not crave any sweets or pizza!

Jen415 - I just moved from Port Orange to South Daytona.....Where are you located?

Hope all is well with everyone...talk to you soon
Old 06-21-2006, 01:52 PM   #5  
Believe!

Default Aqua again!

Jen415 forgot to Congratulate you! 50lbs...you should be so proud.....what kind of food plan are you following?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:59 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Hi Aqua, I went through a divorce a couple of years ago, it was one of the hardest things i've ever had to go through, in fact it still has the ability to make me sad sometimes...but I'm healing a bit each day. Now to just try to figure out how to ever trust someone again...that's my biggie. WTG for staying on your plan so far!! I've known a lot of people who have lost a lot of weight on SB. As for making mini goals, that is kind of what I am doing too...10% at a time...first one will be in 6 pounds when I will have lost 29 total. Mostly I try not to look at the number at all, I get frustrated easily on weigh in day, so rather than looking at how slowly I am losing this weight, I try to just look at how much I've lost and leave it at that. Every little bit inches the number of pounds lost up, and that is always better than inching them in gains!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote