Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-18-2006, 06:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/105

Unhappy Gained back 10 pounds

Hello Everyone,
It's been over 2 months and I have fallen off the wagon and gained back 10 of the 46 I lost. I feel down and don't know how to get back on. Any advice would be great.
Thanks Much,
Jill
jillpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jill! You've made an awesome first step by coming back to 3fc. Go read in Maintainers and come join us in the Featherweights. We'll help ya get fixed right back up.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:05 PM   #3  

I'm in the same boat as you are. I know neither of us are happy that we've got to tackle the same 10 pounds all over again. But, you know what? I'm proud that I caught myself here. Every other weight loss attempt has ended with me back at my original weight or higher. Admitting that I need support at this stage of the game is a huge accomplishment. I fully intend to learn from this experience so that when I do get to my goal weight I'll be sure to stay there. Don't waste anytime beating yourself up. What's done is done so just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back in here!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:15 PM   #4  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky
I'm in the same boat as you are. I know neither of us are happy that we've got to tackle the same 10 pounds all over again. But, you know what? I'm proud that I caught myself here. Every other weight loss attempt has ended with me back at my original weight or higher. Admitting that I need support at this stage of the game is a huge accomplishment. I fully intend to learn from this experience so that when I do get to my goal weight I'll be sure to stay there. Don't waste anytime beating yourself up. What's done is done so just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back in here!
I second that! you came back which is the first step! Plus just think, you could have came back at 46 pounds, but you caught it early!!! horay!!!!

so just poke around here read some success stories, look at some before and after photos...and hop back on!!!

good luck!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:00 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Good job on coming back. I know it's hard. I never restarted before without gaining it all back plus some, so Congratulations and best wishes. Do whatever was working for you before and visit here often.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

jill -- I don't really have any advice for you, but I wanted to thank you for posting this. I need to continue to hear that people can gain a little weight back and then return and try again! Makes me hoepful that I won't gain it ALL back this time!

Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:02 AM   #7  

You just get back on and go again. Yes, your timetable is set back a touch, but don't let that stop you for good. I just spent a week and a half visiting my daughters. I was prepared to gain some weight, as the eating part was so different. I gained 3 pounds, and lost them within a few days.

Be prepared to go up and down a few pounds or so. In the long run, you are doing yourself a favour by getting on the wagon as many times as it takes.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:04 PM   #8  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

I believe that even when we reach goal, fluctuating a few pounds now and then I think would be normal. Like the others said, you caught it early, get back on, do the same things you did before, because obviously it was working for you since you already lost 45 pounds. and visit 3FC as often as possible
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I can go up 8 pounds in like 1 day. Don't get too frusted, you might lost half of that really quickly. Start drinking lots of water!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

The past 2 weeks I have gained back 6lbs of my weight loss, but I am focusing again on my lifestyle and exercise. I was so mad at myself, but I realize we all have to have plateus. It makes me feel more confident knowing that I caught myself now, and that the past 4 months have really been a lifestyle change
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:10 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

Well since you gained it so quickly it probably wont take that long to get it off again... be glad you caught what you were doing so quickly and just jump right back up here on the wagon with us and keep going forward!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote