Old 06-19-2006, 08:03 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default What's on today's menu? (week of June 19-25)

I thought maybe this would be a more obvious thread title than "journal buddy." In any case, I seem to keep starting these threads on Mondays and then never following through for the whole week--a day or two here and there, but rarely ever the whole week. That will be my goal for this week--record EVERYTHING!

Today's plan:
  • honey bunches of oats cereal w/banana and skim milk
  • reduced-sugar instant oatmeal
  • peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • yogurt
  • chicken, black beans, veggies, chicken broth, and cream cheese (kind of a chicken chili type crock pot mess)
  • fudgesicle
Comes to about 1233 calories per Fitday.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Jilly, the chili sounds awesome (mmm cream cheese), but maybe you would feel more full/satisfied if you had a little more protein. You really don't have any significant source of protein until dinner (or vegetables). Good work tracking everything
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:22 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
Jilly, the chili sounds awesome (mmm cream cheese), but maybe you would feel more full/satisfied if you had a little more protein. You really don't have any significant source of protein until dinner (or vegetables). Good work tracking everything
I don't feel hungry, though, until about 4pm, which is when I have my yogurt, and that holds me over till dinner. Typically, I would plan a chicken-and-veggies frozen meal to have for lunch at work, but they weren't on sale anywhere this weekend, and I couldn't in good conscience pay $3 each (and it just never seems to taste as good when I try to make it myself!). As for veggies, haha, that's a long-standing issue for me--I hate them, and as many times/ways as I have tried them, I can't force most of them down without literally gagging, so I've given up the fight. I know I made a good, solid, conscious effort to try them, but it didn't work, and I've survived this long without them, so... But yeah, if I were feeling hungrier during the day, I would certainly add more protein
Old 06-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #4  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, I'm back! Good for you for keeping the thread alive, Jill.

Something like this is on the cards for today.
  • Coffee with half & half.
  • Optimum Slim cereal, skimmed milk.
  • Apple.
  • Cottage cheese, 2 small slices whole-wheat bread, large salad.
  • Chicken curry with broccoli and brown rice.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I think I would like to join this thread. I need to get back to tracking what I eat. So far today:
ww pt allowed 26-31

1 C honey nut chex ww 2 pt
1/2 C skim milk ww 1 pt
1 quart water

2 gyro fajita style things ww 12 pt
1 quart water
1 quart water

1 Mushroom spinach chicken whole wheat calzone ww 7 pt
1 quart water

48 pretzel sticks ww 2 pt
1 quart water

Total ww 24 pts under a little
Water 5 quarts

Last edited by trishn222; 06-20-2006 at 12:37 AM.
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Jilly, I am just as guilty.

today:

1 kashi golean peanut butter energy bar

1 wendy's kaiser roll with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, cheese and BACON!!! what part of MEATLESS did they not get?
1 baked potato w/l/f sour cream & chives
1 medium sized light lemonade

nursing my gallon of water.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:48 AM   #7  
Made in England!

Well, I ate everything on my plan. Unfortunately, I also added half a dozen (or ten!) of hubby's banana arrowroot biccies throughout the evening, and a few jelly sweeties. Oh, and an accidental Starbuck's grande FF latte. I had every intention of getting a plain black coffee when I walked in, yet somehow a completely different order came out of my mouth when it reached my turn!

Tomorrow, the plan is:
  • Coffee, Optimum Slim cereal, skimmed milk.
  • Banana zuzzed up in skimmed milk.
  • Cottage cheese, 2 small slices whole-wheat bread, raw veggies.
  • Poached egg on whole-wheat noodles, salad.
  • Apple.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:53 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

Oh, Dishy, must be something in the air, because I went way off plan as well--only worse! I stopped at the evil McDonald's on my way home from work yesterday (not because I was really hungry, mind you, but because I was just CRAVING it) and got entirely too much food for one person and, of course, ate it all. One thing I didn't do, though, is come home and pretend it never happened and still have dinner with Jeff as normal, which I have done numerous times in the past. Instead, he heated up some leftovers, and I skipped dinner (since I wasn't even slightly hungry after all that food anyway). I ended up with a little below 2500 calories for yesterday, so probably no calorie deficit, but still actually not as bad as I would have thought for all the McD's I ate.

On to today:
  • honey bunches of oats w/banana and skim milk
  • oatmeal
  • SmartOnes chicken santa fe meal
  • yogurt
  • trying yesterday's dinner plan today--chicken, beans, veggies, cream cheese crock pot surprise
Should be around 1200 calories when all is said and done. Ooh, and maybe a walk after work--wasn't happening yesterday in those Armagedon thunderstorms we had!
Old 06-20-2006, 11:21 AM   #9  

Since I am editing as I go I have nothing to report about yesterday.
Today:

1 egg + 3 egg whites ww 3 pt
1 ounce turkey kilbasa ww 1 pt
onions, green chilies ww 0 pt
whole grain tortilla ww 1 pt
1 quart water

1 1/2 C chicken and wild rice soup ww 3 pt
1 quart water
1 quart water

4 oz chicken breast bnls skinless ww 4 pt
1 C wild rice ww 3 pt
green beans, tomato, onion ww 0 pt
1 quart water

48 pretzel sticks ww 2 pt
1 quart water

Total ww 17 pts quite a bit under I tried
water 5 quarts

Last edited by trishn222; 06-21-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:45 PM   #10  
Made in England!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill
One thing I didn't do, though, is come home and pretend it never happened and still have dinner with Jeff as normal, which I have done numerous times in the past.
I've done this so often as well. I still have occasions when I convince myself if no one saw me eating (or more likely, drinking wine), it doesn't count.

Good for you for not lying to yourself.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #11  
Made in England!

Well, I stuck perfectly to the plan, coming in at around 1250 kcals. I took a brisk 40 minute walk too. I'm dead chuffed with myself!

Tomorrow, the plan is:
  • Optimum Slim cereal, skimmed milk.
  • Starbuck's grande bold roast.
  • Cottage cheese, 2 small slices whole-wheat bread, large salad.
  • Baked salmon, w-w couscous, broccoli.
  • Apple.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:20 AM   #12  
Eating for two!

Well, I didn't stick perfectly to plan, but I still ended up with fewer than 1800 calories for yesterday, so it's at least in the ballpark. For some reason, I just did NOT want my SmartOnes meal I packed for lunch (I like it, but I just wasn't in the mood), so I got a sandwich from the cafeteria. Normally, I just get ham and cheese, but they were out of ham so I got chicken salad (drenched in regular mayo, of course). So for dinner, I just had a salad of spinach, cabbage (bagged coleslaw mix, actually), a little light cheese, a few croutons, and some onion dressing. All in all, still a yummy and satisfying day

Today may be a bit different, as my lower back started hurting quite a bit yesterday evening, and I find it's still quite painful this morning, so I may run into the office, grab my laptop, and then work from home for the day. I'll be sure to post my food tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:38 AM   #13  

Nothing to post again about yesterday. I think today will be a little tougher. I am going with my mom and sisters to a company picnic (my sisters). It is a big company so they are likely to have lots of food. I will try to be good, but I have been really good most of the time lately so I will give myself permission to cheat a little today. I also have been really good with the exersise. Last week I started a water aerobics class. Last night I went a little early and swam some laps before class to warm myself up better. I also walked my son to his t-ball game to a park that is about 2 miles away (round trip 4). So I feel ok to have a bit of a cheat day.

1 C Honey Nut Chex cereal ww 2 pt
1/2 C Skim Milk ww 1 pt
1 quart water

2 beef hot dogs ww 12 pt
1 hot dog bun ww 2 pt
3 oz grilled chicken breast ww 3 pt
1/2 C corn ww 1 pt
1/2 C chili ww 2 pt
2 Chocolate ice cream sandwiches ww 8 pt
1 quart water

4 oz Pork ww 6 pt
small potato baked ww 1 pt
1 C broccoli ww 0 pt
1 TBLSP butter ww 3 pt
2 quart water

Total ww 41 pts
Water 4 quarts

Ok so it was a really bad day today. I was doing ok until I tasted the hotdog that my daughter was eating. They were the best ones that I have ever had. I am not just saying that because I haven't had one for a while. This may sound bad but I am a hotdog conosier and boy were they good. I am allowed once a week to go 10 pts over, I have not done that yet until today but I did it today, but I thought I was doing really badly and I only went 10 pts over. I also have a major weekness for chocolate and ice cream. So it kind of went today. I did walk the kids to the park to play and I also went and swam laps before water aerobics so I did kick up the workout. I had a blast today though so right now I think that is what really matters. And I will get back on track tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome Ali.

Trish

Last edited by trishn222; 06-22-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:01 PM   #14  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Yesterday was bad:

2 words, turtle sundae

You know what though? I didn't eat any dinner. Yay for me!!

Where is mindy??? I tried her oatmeal peanut butter honey thing just now & OMG YUMMMM!!!!! . I'm not usually a sweets person (ignore that turtle sundae up there ), and will always go for the salty, but this was GOOOD. So mindy, wherever you are, thanks for the idea!!

TODAY:
1 serving pomegranate-cranberry 100% juice

1/2 cup decaf, 1/2 cup light soymilk
1 packet weight smart cinnamon oatmeal w/1 tsp clover honey & 1 tbsp peanut butter (skippy natural)

I've already drank 64 ounces water today, now starting on my gallon.

1 yellow apple
1 beef jerky stick (45 calories)
2 cups skim cowmilk

^^^remind me to never again have beef jerky. It's doing a number on my stomach. Also changed my mind about dinner. Homemade pasta w/mushroom sauce. And a big salad.

Tonight is Girls Nite Out, but I am planning on the Spinach Lasagne & a big salad. Maybe share a piece of tiramisu? I am also (for lunch) planning on a can of tuna packed in olive oil & about a cup, cup and a half of noodles w/Smart Balance Omega Plus instead of my usual 2 cups with butter & parmesan.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 06-21-2006 at 01:43 PM.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

Ok I'm new around here, so what was the oatmeal peanut butter honey thing? I write everything down that I eat in my journal at home, tried using fitday for quite awhile, but got frustrated when I didn't have ALL of the information just the calories and it wouldn't let me enter it in my database. So now i just write it down in my diet journal.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote