Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 05:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/200/190/180/170/160/150

Default Do u take chromium picolinate AND Niacin?

Hi Everyone i just wanted to know if anyone else is on these pills, my doctor has me taking them !

chromium picolinate 100mg AND Niacin 500mg ??
Old 06-18-2006, 05:52 AM   #2  
Meg

Why does he have you taking them? Is the niacin for high cholesterol?
Old 06-19-2006, 01:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/200/190/180/170/160/150

sumthing like that i think i forgot im going to call him tommarow to see what its for again
Old 06-19-2006, 08:17 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

I have heard the chromium picolinate craze is a farce... but I don't know; perhaps that is wrong since a doctor has you taking them.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I take Niacin, for cholesterol (I think it's supposed to raise good cholesterol, if I remember correctly). It's a B-vitamin (B-9 I think). My doctor recommended I take it at night, because sometimes it can make you feel warm, or sweaty, and if you take it before bedtime, you sleep right through it. I did notice at first, waking up a couple times, with the back of my neck reallly hot and sweaty, but that only happened a couple times in the first month or two.

I used to take chromium (fell for the hype), but stopped when my doctor told me that it doesn't do much if you're not diabetic. If you're diabetic, it supposedly helps regulate your blood sugar better. They caution diabetics not to take it without talking to their doctor though if they are already taking insulin or other blood sugar regulating medications, as you could end up with low blood sugar, if you don't adjust your doses of the other meds.
Closed Thread