South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 06:52 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat - June 16

Good morning. We "slept in" until 4:30 this morning. I bought earplugs yesterday but forgot to put them in last night.

The puppytime yesterday was just great! They are so sweet and funny and the different personalities are starting to develop. I took several pics which I need to resize or put into photobucket to show you.

Today is and the weather is certainly warming up. I am planting this morning before it gets too hot. I am going to try to grow celery and need to get out there and prepare a special bed bcause it's pretty picky. The deer are visiting us daily and munching on my neighbour's pea plants. We are considering putting an electric fence around the wooded sides of the meadow. Deer are really pretty but they should go eat something else - like poison ivy!

Time to hang out the laundry and then do the dig and delve thing. What's on your TGIF agenda?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:16 AM   #2  
SAHM

S/C/G: 229/221/175

Good Morning. I see that I'm not the only one up early. My darling little one began fussing at 2:30 this morning and I've been up since. Have baking to do today, already have my condensed milk boiling to make caramel. Not much else on the agenda today, just planning to relax and spend time with the kids.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:01 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Beacher

TGIF.Even if we have to battle the weekend traffic to get to the doctors today for the read out of the cat scan.

Won't be able to park at the beachs lot or walk along the beach,next week as this will be the beginning of the summer season,and beach stickers will be inforced. Our car being in the shop won't help matters as the sticker is on our car. Have to walk along the busy thorofare. We do get car rental from our insurance but its very low,and its not enough to cover all the rental.We'll have to pay the bulk,Oh Well!!What can you do, We're sick of fighting with them.We're going to change the agency once this mess is cleared up.

Woke up with a sore neck & shoulders for slouching on the couche last night.Reading a new book from Dean Koontz called "Odd Thomas"a book about this guy who see dead people. Its simlar to the Movie with Bruce Willis "Six Sense" that been on T.V. lots of times.

Ruth-My DD has bunnys eating her peas and veggie greens. She said she doesn't mind sharing,but they don't see it that way. She put chicken wire around,the garden,but they still got in.

Hi Neicey have a great day and weekend.

Hugs BB
Old 06-16-2006, 08:14 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Quickie

Here are two puppies held by friends John and Morna. The white boy was the first to be sold and the other boy is second. They are just wonderful pups and I wish I could keep them all!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

What cute puppies! I can tell you are totally enamored by them, Ruth. Are you sure you only want to keep just one?
I have the day off as Cindy and the girls went off to Va. for the weekend. So far I've been to Curves, stopped for coffee and a chat with my parents, paid some bills, and watered both my and my neighbor's plants and fed her cat and fish. Later I'm getting new tires for my car so it will be ready for inspection. I'm undecided what to do with the rest of my day, maybe do a bit of shopping? I have to find something nice for Jake for Father's Day. We usually don't give each other anything, but he treated me so well on Mother's Day that now I feel I'm obligated.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:49 AM   #6  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi Ladies,
I'm new to sending messages, old to reading all that you write. I find it very uplifting and very encouraging. I am on day 6 of South Beach and Ruthxx sent me a PM that really got me going....in a very positive way, so I'm raring to go.....

Hope you all have a safe and happy weekend.

JPS
Old 06-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #7  

Where did the morning go!!!!!! Droppin by to say Hi!
Ruth: The puppies are tooooo adorable! I don't know how you can part with them!
Cottage- enjoy a day all to yerself!

BB: Grrrrr.... still no car eh? I hope all turns out well for DH
Welcome to the daily thread Neicy and Lady!!!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:32 AM   #8  
Losing never felt so good

S/C/G: A lot/a little less/a lot less

Good Morning,
This is my first daily chat with y'all! I've been reading for a week though. My 8 month old and I hit Walmart this morning at 7:00am! It was really empty which was great especially since he cried most of the time. We just came back in from playing outside. I put him in the grass for the first time without a blanket down. I've never seen him get scared before and I didn't like it! We'll try again tomorrow.

Breakfast was great. I had eggs scrambled with ham pieces, red, yellow and green peppers and onions. I threw in a little chili powder for good measure!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-16-2006, 11:10 AM   #9  

Waving good morning to everyone! We are slow moving this morning as it was a late night for all. We went to the Roughriders game, which is our local baseball team. Very fun, but decided afterwards to go to a friend's house to watch the taped Mavericks game. It wound up getting to be ridiculously late, and we are all beat today! Oh well, I guess that is what summertime is for, right??

Crock I hope you are feeling better today- your post worried me yesterday.

Rinangle and JPS You have found a great group of gals!!

Cottage Yippee! Time off is a wonderful thing!!

Beach That stinks about the rental car- no chance that the insurance company will pay for it?

Ruth The puppies are too cute! My DH wants a dog so badly, but our house is small and he works too much! It would be me taking care of and cleaning up after them. I told him when the girls get bigger and we have a bigger house I will entertain the thought.

Maintaining at 160 this week- my small cheats are holding me back so much. I need to rejuvenate my program with some new recipes or something.

DH and I decided to take a trip to New York City in July. He has a good friend getting married and my best friend lives outside of the city, so we are going up there with no kiddos for 5 days. It should be a great time and a good opportunity for us to have some time together. It probably isn't the smartest financial move ever, but other than our airfare I think our costs will be minimal. My mom will keep the girls as well as some friends helping out with my older daughter. I am really looking forward to it and would love to kick som butt and lose 5 more pounds before we leave. (July 6)

Okay- I need to get moving as I promised DD a swimming playdate this afternoon and our house is a wreck!!
Old 06-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #10  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi all,

I haven't been on for a while...such a busy past week or so. Lots going on...been playing in a sand volleyball league and loving it. Trying to get rid of some fat...burn, baby, burn! I even got DH to play last night...wonders never cease!

Going to lunch with some co-workers to a mongolian bbq place where you pick your own veggies and meat and they stir-fry it. Haven't been yet, so looking forward to it.

Having some friends over Saturday for a cookout. Making yummy chicken lettuce wraps, steak sandwiches on ww buns, and three bean salad. Yum, I can hardly wait. Only bad part is I have to give my house a good cleaning before they get there...eek!

Well, have a good weekend all and welcome to you newbies.

H
Old 06-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #11  

I feel better prepared for camp now. I met with the director last night along with one of my staff and she now knows what she is going to have to teach. I only have one more thing undecided and that has to wait on someone else. I've updated my supply list and have to stop at the store on the way home. We are high enough now that I need to plan for 140 Bears and 50 Tigers for the activities which we do together. I still need to cut a couple of hundred streamers and put together a few more ropes and build the tool box kit that they are going to build on Monday. And there are a bunch of other stuff to do but I think it is all under control.

I'm actually doing well with my weight. I'm at goal for the month (142.5) but I'll have to see if it stays down. I know last year I lost weight during camp. Lots of sweating, exercise and healthy eating and no time for snacking.

Kiko - It looks like we'll get rain this weekend. I just hope it stops before Monday afternoon!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:44 PM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Ladies Leo & I came home from the doctors
WE HAVE GREAT NEWS,LEO'S CANCER IS IN REMISSION.

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. You're a wonderful group of woman,and Thank God for me being part of this group

LOVE & HUGS BB
Old 06-16-2006, 07:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

beach bum ~

Congratulations! I'm so happy for both of you!
Old 06-16-2006, 07:46 PM   #14  

Default Gardening!

Celery, OMG! That is certainly out of season here in L.A., we plant celery in Nov., it's a winter crop for us. Radishes are also however I am trying a new one called "French Breakfast" which supposedly will weather the heat in semi-shade, since I have one half-shaded corner of my veggie patch.

This year I have SIX tomatoes and am trying an experiment; half of them have these "tomato collars" I got from the Gardener's Supply catalog. Basically you snap them around the bottom and the red radiating up is supposed to be some kind of tomato nirvana or something? LOL....well at least it keeps the slugs off!

I also have basil, cilantro, and mint which make a YUMMY spicy fried brown rice thing....and I have FIVE hot peppers and some cucumbers. The only non-SB thing I'm growing is a new variety corn which is supposed to be heat tolerant, I've never had much luck with getting and REALLY juicy sweet corn, of course I shouldn't be eating it anyhow!

What I am most excited about is a new zuchini called "trombetta" which is a super vigorous climber, we got a new arbor (great deal at CostCo!) which hopefully by next month will be covered in these cool, crooked jade green zuchinis, they looked very pretty on the seed package anyhow!
Closed Thread