UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:30 AM   #1  

Smile Hi I'm new

Hi I've decided todays the day I change not only my own but my DH & DS lifestyles too. Am I a control freak or what. DH & DS don't even know it yet.
We are all at least 2 st overwight & I feel so guilty about it because at the end of the day I'm the one in the kitchen so it's my fault right!

My Dh isn't really too bothered about our weights even though he's diabetic himself and with the family history on my DH side I'm concerned for my DS's future health. I'm hoping to make changes that they won't really notice but saying that today I've getten a referral to a dietition for my DS as the school nurse said as he's 11 he's got to help himself too.

I don't want us to go on a diet as such and I've already made a change in that we only eat out/takeaway have choc/crisps once a week on a Sat our treat day which has gone down ok & they seem to be playing by the rules. I'm hoping we can lose weight this way or am I just kidding myself?
squeakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:40 AM   #2  

Welcome Squeakie and congras for starting to do something about it. We are all here with our words of encouragent and help anytime you need us!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

You have already done one of the hardest parts - you have made the decision to change - so I'm sure that you can do it. Obviously I don't know what you will be eating on the other days, and how different this is from what you have done before, but a treat day seems like it is already working.

I have only just started dieting again, but I have already noticed a significant weight loss by following a healthy eating plan combined with an exercise plan of walking / running / occasional cycling.

I'm sure you can do it - Keep it up!
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the new lifestyle for you and your family. You will find a lot of help and encouragement here at 3FC's. Wishing the best for your family.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:09 PM   #5  

Welcome to the forum Squeakie
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Helllooooo
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:57 PM   #7  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Hi
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:01 PM   #8  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Welcome!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:58 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

hello!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:44 PM   #10  

Thanks everyone, its good to know you're all there.
It's not going to well, at a bit too much junk and ice cream the last couple of days because it's hot & the footy's been on today 2 nil ,Come on England.
Excuses I know, have done a it better but must improve. Been feeling really tired too. proberbly because of staying up to watch big Bro, going to start keeping a diet diary tommorow hopefully that will help
squeakie is offline   Reply With Quote