South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 01:53 AM   #1  

Default Hi, I am new...

I'm waiting for my copy of SB to arrive from Amazon...I think I've got the main idea though and DESPERATELY need to get off the sweets. I have a 6 month old DD and still need to lose at least 25 lbs. of preggy weight (not to mention the 40 or so I needed to lose before I got pregnant!).

My question is...can I do this if I am a vegetarian? This seems to be a BIG problem for me with most weightloss programs. I am not a vegan, just a veggie (I'll consume dairy and eggs, no fish, chicken, beef, etc. though).

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2006, 06:47 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach.

Yes, SBD will work if you are a vegetarian. Soy products and legumes have lots of good protein. Be sure to peruse our Stickies in here and in the FAQ section for ideas and explanations.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:12 AM   #3  

Shankat! you should do fine on SB and there are alot of SB veggie friendly recipes here and on the Vegetarian forum too.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:34 PM   #4  

Default I'm new, too

It will take me awhile to learn to navigate here!
A question- How often should you weigh yourself? I think I may wait till my clothes are loose so I don't get discouraged before I even start, but once I do hop on the scale - weekly? Daily?
I'm starting week 2 on Phase 1

Dini
Old 06-16-2006, 04:52 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Shankat! Glad to have you with us! I hear you on getting off the sweets. You can totally do SBD as a Veggie. Check out the Veggie forum here on 3FC for other info on dieting as a Veggie, and you might want to PM Mauvais, a moderator who has done a version of SBD in the past (might still be?) and is a vegetarian.

Do wait until you've read your book (AND the updated food lists in the FAQ here for the latest info) before starting. You'll set yourself up for success that way.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #6  

I'm still waiting! Thanks for the welcome!
Old 06-19-2006, 12:46 PM   #7  

Default My Vegetarian Friend Lost 60 Pounds On SB

So it shouldn't be a problem! She is my SB inspiration and has kept it off 2 years...

I think it's harder for a carnivore who doesn't like EGGS which are somewhat of a mainstay for the first 2 weeks of breakfasts (although there are definitely alternatives, it makes it easier to like eggs during that first part, IMO!)
Closed Thread