General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:10 PM   #1  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Default Exciting News

Well I have some exciting news. I’m expecting! I have no ideal of my due date, but I’m guessing I’m about 5 weeks so that would put my due date sometime in early February. DH and I are very excited, but we really haven’t told anyone yet. We want to wait until I go to the doctor and find out the definite details. I feel strange this time because I don’t physically feel different yet so it’s hard to believe that I’m actually pregnant. With my son I felt like crap and I had horrible migraine headaches, but I was also 3 months pregnant before we found out so the crapping feelings are probably still to come.

I told the manager of my COD yesterday and she was very excited for me and she didn’t have any problems putting me on hold. She said I can start right back up at no additional cost even though my weight loss weeks are all used up. All I have to do is give them a call a month or so after the baby is born and we’ll take it from there. I’m planning on nursing so they allow more time on “hold” for that, but I’m not sure how much more. I do know this time, I feel much more confident in myself in regards to the dreaded baby weight I’ll be putting on. I feel like I’ve learned so much on LAWL that it will definitely help me make better decisions this time. With my last pregnancy nothing was out of reach and I ate whatever I wanted and drank over a GALLON of 1% milk a day, hence I gained 50 lbs. I know calcium is very important but that was way overboard, but it was the only thing I craved. Hopefully I don’t have the same craving this time. My COD suggested if I’m worried about the weight I should just talk to my doctor about what I have been doing and take my food guides with and have him make recommendations. I have the maintenance guide also so that should come in handy. I realize this isn’t a time in my life to worry about my weight but after seeing what happens when you don’t worry, I just don’t want a repeat or have to use the next 5 years to get the weight off. I’ve worked hard to get to this point and I’ll be pleased if I only gain the recommended 30 lbs.

I don’t plan on leaving this board during this time. I still plan on cooking and eating this way (with modifications) so I need you ladies. I know I don’t post daily, put I do check in several times a day and you all keep me in check. Thanks for being here!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:16 PM   #2  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations Dawn!!!!! It's so cool that you know you will be trying to eat healthier. Hopefully you won't have morning sickness too bad with this baby. Good luck!!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #3  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

congratulations!!!!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:51 PM   #4  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Dawn--congratulations! What exciting news for you and your family. Best wishes for a safe, healthy pregnancy.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:52 PM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Congrats Dawn!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #6  
PurpleSunshine

Dawn -

Awesome news Girlfriend -

!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I know there for a while there were a few of us worried about being pg. You go girl -I'm so very excited for you!!! I just knew when I saw your post that you had to be expecting!!! I knew it b/c I remember you being one of us that thought about testing. I thought you tested and it was negative - what happened? If you want please share the details on how it all came about ( other than the obvious!!! - hahahahah)
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:12 PM   #7  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Heather – yeah, that was last month! I did take several tests then and they were all negative. Now this month I did have my cycle last week, which was about a week earlier then the previous month and it was really light. I just though something didn’t seem right so I took two test and they both were positive! When I had my son, I had normal cycles for two months, but light. That’s why it took me three months to figure out I was pregnant, and I was on the pill then and not exactly planning on getting pregnant. So unless both of the tests I took are defective, I’m pregnant!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Dawn - Congratulations!! : to you for a safe & healthy pregnancy!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

congratulations!!!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #10  
PurpleSunshine

wELL - Girl - I'm so happy for you - Here's sending you lots and lots of Happy and Healthy Pregnancy :!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:04 PM   #11  

congrats!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:35 PM   #12  

congrats!!!!! Your the second person within a week that has mentioned that they are pregnant.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:30 PM   #13  

Congratulations
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:32 PM   #14  
Registered Loser

S/C/G: 236/185/140

Dawn, that's terrific! Have a blessed and healthy pregnancy!
missy_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:52 PM   #15  
taco salad

S/C/G: 191/145/130

Height: 5'2

Attached Images
File Type: gif grats1.gif (39.0 KB, 8 views)
CassyCat is offline   Reply With Quote