South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 06:48 AM   #1  

Default Will Power Wednesday on the Beach!

AHOY THAR you Landlubbers!!!

OK.... I'm collecting 2 animals of each species and headin for DRY land!!! But first... CAWFEE!!!
And lots of it.

So much fer garden work... we'll hunker down here and wait fer the sun

so, what's happen'n today chicks?
Old 06-14-2006, 07:16 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ahoy yerself, Popeye The Sailor Man! I wonder if Olive Oyle is still skinny.

It's a gloriously sunny day today after yesterday looking pretty iffy. Big black clouds kept rolling through and the sun never showed up. I did get lots done in the garden though. My knee is a bit sore this morning but will loosen up shortly when I lug the garbage to the road. I iced it during the Mill Society AGM. (I'm still a Director but didn't let myself be sucked into any extra responsibilities. )

Gardening was the exercise yesterday and will be happening again all day today. I do have to take Hershey to the Clinic for an hour at one as we are now well back into the Thera-Paws programme. We do the Clinic Wednesday and the Maple View Nursing home Monday afternoons. I'm going to strap on my pedometer and see how much walking she and I do when visiting. Those corridors are long!

Today is The Oak Leaf Social - a big food orgy sponsored by a sister Church in this Parish. It's sort of a command performance as I am a Warden at our own Church and need to show support. Eating will be tricky. ( Maybe I'll offer to help serve and clear tables. Removing plates of ham fat and messy salads may turn me off on food! ) I hope to heck Rhea doesn't make her pecan pie! Maybe I just won't look at the dessert table.

The day is ticking away so I'm outta here. My gardening jeans and formerly white shirt are in the dryer now so the timing is right. By the way, the mud in the eggplant bed soaked me right through to my butt. Sorry - TMI!

Have a wonderful Hump Day!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey, you gals are blowing the rain clouds in the wrong direction, they're heading here today! We started out sunny but the clouds are moving in fast. I guess the sun thought it outdid itself yesterday and needs to rest.
Nothing much happening here today. I'm still battling my sweets cravings, but I found that cantalope really helps, so I've been eating a lot of that.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

G' morning!

The sun is shining here in MI, just longing for some warmth to go along with it.
Today marks day 8 ph1 for me, doing really well and I have to send out a big thanks to everyone here on the boards. So much encouragement found here, helps to keep me motivated! And for the record, I have more energy now, after day 2, then I can ever remember having since I was a teenager. Must be all the sugar was sapping my energy.

Schatzi- I'll send you some if you send some heat up this way!!!
Ruth You had me in stitches with the canceled cemetery meeting incident yesterday!!!

Tomorrow I get my new freezer, have to go clear a space for it. Just thinking about all of the seasonal fruits & veges I will finally get to freezer pack this year makes me one happy Chickie! Has my life really become that exciting!
Yesterday, I put up a fence in my garden/ patio area and finally got my canopy up. Today will be full of more planting, I think I'll put a herb garden in. Going to have the kids paint a bunch of small tin buckets to hang on fence and fill w/ some annuals or maybe a few hanging strawberry plants. Gotta keep those little hands busy.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:27 AM   #5  

Ahhhhh....I'm still having a crappy weight week. The scale is heading in the total wrong direction. I definitely ate too much cheese and starch (WW muffins, SBD bars and pumpkin fluffernuggets) over the weekend and I'm paying for it now!

Still, I'm not too, too upset. It's warmer here, finally, so I'm sure I'm a bit puffy due to that. I'm not doing much exercise this week because of straining my back (Going to try the gym today, but not overexert it).

Besides, I'm thinner than I've been in years, so if the weight loss slows down a little, at least I'm getting healthier!

Luc's Mom -- yup, shopping for yummy veggies is much more fun than I would have expected!

Cottage -- I find cantaloupe to be great for beating an attack of the sweet tooth! Blueberries, too.

Ruth -- Ohhhh, pecan pie. Love it -- but leave it!

Schatzi --I'm heading for some iced coffee right now!

Enjoy the day, everyone else still a-snoozin'!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #6  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

well after being stuck on 120/120.5 for about a month I actually saw 118.5 the other day!! It's gone now but I've repeatedly seen 119 so I'll take it. It's amazing how much that .5-1 lb can change my outlook though. Last week I felt fat and crappy. I was discouraged b/c the scale hadn't budged despite tons of exercise and fair eating habits. I felt as if I had fallen off the wagon and rolled under it and just needed to get back on track but couldn't...

Now .5 later, I look in the mirror and think I rock I'm itchy to get to the gym and go shopping for some nutritious yummies. I guess i'm not sure what this proves except that I'm way too tied to my scale but my original point was "yay the scale has finally budged and i'm excited "

have a great day girls
Old 06-14-2006, 09:48 AM   #7  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

I've actually made it through the last TOM without the horrible seretonin crash I suffered last time so the Doc gave me permission to jump back on the beach! He actually wants me to do WW but has relented to let me try SBD again. But this time when phase I is done I have to add back in the healthy carbs like the books says. I'm pretty excited about being back on the beach.

My first obstical will be next week when I'm in Lake Charles, Louisana for my nephew's wedding Tues - Sat. But I'm hoping to remain semi OP during the week and when I get back - full on Phase I. The only real problem I see is that they eat a lot of rice! We are flying out of Ohare into Huston and then driving to Lake Charles! I've been driving around with my heater on trying to prepare myself for the h*llish heat!

Hope all is well here! I started doing an hour of cardio everyday because the doc wouldn't let me diet and it is helping! I hurt my foot so I can't run but I keep my heart rate up using hand weights! I will get through this rough patch!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Good morning....I'm doing some laundry & then I'm headed south to Ohio to visit the crazy family! 5-6 hours in a car - fun stuff!
Work is still not fun, and it drains me. I worked 7AM until 8 PM!!! I had a schedule to do (because I'm off the next 3 days) and one of the gals is going through a divorce & she has direct deposit & the ex took her off the account. SO I had to stay & figure out a way for her to get her $$$.
Eating is terrible, won't mention that!!
I'll see you gals in a couple of days!!
Old 06-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #9  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Good Morning Girls!

Well I'm thinking about staying on Phase one for a few more weeks. I seems like I haven't lost any weight. It could be because I hadn't weighed myself in MONTHS and when I fianlly did I weighed more than I thought. Sure I've lost two or three pounds since weighing myself last week, but I really want to hit the 220-218 mark by the end of June!

I have an appointment with my new doc tomorrow morning. I am hoping to talk to her about vitamin shots once a month. They supposedly give your body a little push to lose weight. i know someone who did them once a week, and her hair fell out! So I'm nervous about asking, but if once a month is safer I think I'm for it; If doc approves anyway.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

Hello chickies...

Getting a late jump on the board this morning. Been busy this morning.

My jewelry party was great. I had 8 people of the 12 I invited show. I had a $758 show, plus 3 more want to order so I'll be getting about $300 in free jewelry Now I just need to buy an armoir to put it all in.

I was OP with the food too. I even provided plenty I couldn't eat and stayed away from it. I'm so prould of myself

Although still no scale movement. Wondering if I should go back to phase I again? I'm only eating good carbs once a day. I was thinking it might be my portions.

I have to go baby shower shopping this evening. I can't wait! I love buying gifts, especially for a new baby.

Not much else on my plate.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:03 PM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

Well I just got back from the Doctor, I made an appointment this morning because I am getting sick.. Well it is full blown bronchitis.. I have accute asmha (sp) and I smoke a pack a day. soooooooooooooooo I am in misery.I am allergic to any kind of CIllin and Sulfur drugs.,. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO I had to pay $10.00 a pill and I got 7 days worth and of course My inhaler... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. let us hope this subsides soon... turns out by the doctors highest weight till now I have lost 80 lbs.. that is 7 less than I am reporting..I am sticking the the home scales I started with,, No adjustments.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

MsCrockett- Bronchitis...yuck.... sorry, I hope your on the mend soon.

BTW, STOP SMOKING! It will kill you.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:06 PM   #13  

Hey gals!

Just checking in for the day- I am beat!! We have been having a blast at VBS, but I am wiped out. Very rewarding, though!!

I got into the ice cream again last night. Grrr........ it is amazing to me how much the scale can jump when I cheat. I also got back on bc pills this week and feel more bloated. That is a necessity though as this mama is done having babies!!

Off to read books to DD- she is exhausted herself.
Closed Thread