Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/155/135

Default appetite suppressing?

Hey everyone!
I'm not expecting a miracle drug, but anyone found anything that helps curb hunger? I haven't used any diet pills, but would be willing to if someone suggest something worth trying.

I've found drinking coffee diminishes my appetite. Anyone have any more 'natural' suggestions like that?

I was ready to try hoodia, but thankfully I read the thread on it first. Saved myself $50 haha
Old 06-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #2  
it's always something

Well, exercise is a natural appetite suppressant!

I keep a variety of teas on hand and will try to reach for a cup of hot tea when I have the munchies, and it helps.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've noticed that taking a fiber supplement helps me feel fuller longer. I take 1 tbsp of psyllium husk powder in the morning (diluted in water or a breakfast shake). It is no coincidence that a lot of appetite suppresant pills also have fiber in them.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #4  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

And I know that I used to misinterpret boredom for hunger, and "not feeling full" as hunger. I just concentrate on following my eating plan and getting plenty of exercise. Sometimes I still think I'm "a little hungry", but it doesn't bother me anymore. Other times, when I really, truly feel hungry, it's usually because I'm close to a meal time anyway, and I just embrace how much that hunger is going to improve the taste of the food. It's hard to believe just how much better food tastes when I've got a bit of a "rumbly in the tumbly".

Also, how many times a day are you eating? I usually eat between 6 and 8 times, with 3 or 4 "main" meals and the rest snacks. A little hunger doesn't mean as much when it's only 2 to 3 hours between eats.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #5  

haha really? i excercise everyday (getting ready to go to a spinning class actually), but I never noticed. After a run, I'm starving! lol
Old 06-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoreth
And I know that I used to misinterpret boredom for hunger, and "not feeling full" as hunger. I just concentrate on following my eating plan and getting plenty of exercise. Sometimes I still think I'm "a little hungry", but it doesn't bother me anymore. Other times, when I really, truly feel hungry, it's usually because I'm close to a meal time anyway, and I just embrace how much that hunger is going to improve the taste of the food. It's hard to believe just how much better food tastes when I've got a bit of a "rumbly in the tumbly".

Also, how many times a day are you eating? I usually eat between 6 and 8 times, with 3 or 4 "main" meals and the rest snacks. A little hunger doesn't mean as much when it's only 2 to 3 hours between eats.
well my main issue is that I have no problem following a very healthy diet most of the time. I like fruits and veggies and I typically prefer to eat small, frequent portions. BUT a certain time of the month rolls around and I want to eat everything! I end up ruining 3 weeks worth of careful dieting in one week because I just seem to be hungry all the time (and lots of cravings too hah). This has slowed my progress and been SO FRUSTRATING b/c i keep re-gaining and re-losing the same 5-10lbs.

Anyone sympathize? lol
Old 06-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #7  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellakay
haha really? i excercise everyday (getting ready to go to a spinning class actually), but I never noticed. After a run, I'm starving! lol
I'm the same way!!!

I find that fiber helps a TON to fill up my tummy as well as protein... good stuff!!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #8  

well my main issue is that I have no problem following a very healthy diet most of the time. I like fruits and veggies and I typically prefer to eat small, frequent portions. BUT a certain time of the month rolls around and I want to eat everything! I end up ruining 3 weeks worth of careful dieting in one week because I just seem to be hungry all the time (and lots of cravings too hah). This has slowed my progress and been SO FRUSTRATING b/c i keep re-gaining and re-losing the same 5-10lbs.

I can totally relate --I have the exact same problem. I eat balanced all of the rest of the month. All of sudden it seems ---I have an appetite that won't quit and my body can handle a tonnnnnnn of foooood.

THere has got to be an answer this problem...right?
Old 06-14-2006, 11:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

I second Suzanne on the tea thing. I always have some tea on hand to sip when I'm hungry and it helps. Also, it's been rumored (as far as I know not proven) that green tea helps boost your metabolism...
Old 08-07-2006, 04:08 AM   #10  
chela

S/C/G: 217/209/130

Height: 5'0"

hey I began taking phentermine and they are working great especially in the suppressing appetite department and energy oh my god it great some people dont like them i'm enjoying them. its only on prescription theres not a lot of doctors that want to give them but the are sure great i lost 10 pounds in less then 2wks. p.s they do have there bad side affects so inform your self first with your dr.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #11  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

I've been taking the Stacker 2 for about 3 months. It REALLY helps with the appetite, and just one will last all day. You can get 20 caps at walmart for about $8. I have plenty of energy. And I cant report any side effects either, such as the jitters.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #12  
FerretNose

I am addicted to herbal tea- i've got like 10 different varieties of celestial seasonings teas in my cabinet! The reason is, when I quit smoking, and i'd get tired of just water, teas hit the spot. And when i'm on a roll losing weight, teas really help. Orange, apple-cinnamon, rooibos, you name it, i have it.

I think the best teas for weight loss are: Celestial Seasonings chocolate caramel Chai- you put a tad of low fat coffee creamer in there with some Splenda and it's like getting some candy. Peppermint tea is great for right before a workout- wakes you up a tad.

I also love GF International Coffees sugar free products- just 30 calories, as a treat.

Lastly, for that time of the month: An old lady gave me some advice once, something that seems to combat both mild crampiness, and cravings- have a cup of hot chocolate. Just one! The warmth soothes the stomach, and the chocolate seems to satisfy. It's a few calories, but way less than if you were to give in and binge. Better to sacrifice 100 calories than 500.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:09 PM   #13  

im on phentermine and b12/b6 injections for my metabolism and I am having no side effects at all from the phentermine, other than having a little bit of trouble falling asleep at night, but thats because i dont take my pills until around noon, when i should really be starting them around 10am. but i like to stay up late anyhow LOL they are working miracles over here! LOL are you in texas?
Old 08-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #14  

i also forget to mention that here in Texas, once your BMI is <26, you cant be prescribed the phentermine any longer, its against FDA rules, so im sure that does apply to all states. (seeing as it is FDA-Mandated)
Old 08-13-2006, 12:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/219/160

Height: 5'4"

I gotta say, it bothers me to see people buy that stuff online and not be under a doctors care locally. Also, it bothers me to see people taking it that have under 20 pounds to lose. I went to phentermine dot com and read the message boards, and holy heck, there are a TON of people taking that drug who shouldn't be.

Glad Texas has such a rule.
Closed Thread