Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-13-2006, 01:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default When was the last time you had a nice big salad?

We've all read about eating 'bath tubs full of greens'. But when was the last time you have a nice big salad? I had one the other night and couldn't believe how long it had been! It was iceberg lettuce, grated carrot, zucchini and radish. With full fat caesar dressing
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Pretty much every day for lunch for the past 3-4 weeks. Big tupperware of spinach, pepper strips, baby carrots, grape tomatoes, dried cranberries, nuts (slivered almonds, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds), grilled, skinless chicken (chicken must be HOT), balsamic vinaigrette.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'6

For lunch today! I had mixed baby greens with toasted almonds, raspberries, crumbled gorgonzola and Vidalia Onion dressing. Yuuuuummmm.
Allikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:29 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9

I have one every day, whether it's for lunch with tuna or chicken mixed in or before dinner!! Romaine lettuce, broccoli, peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onions, baby snow peas, fat free Italian Parmesan dressing and sourdough croutons. I actually look forward to eating my salads!!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:44 PM   #5  
LLV

Last night. Had a big spinach salad with sliced carrot, red onion, mushrooms, diced reduced-fat swiss cheese, chopped cooked chicken breast, and a bunch of other yummy stuff thrown on
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #6  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allikat
For lunch today! I had mixed baby greens with toasted almonds, raspberries, crumbled gorgonzola and Vidalia Onion dressing. Yuuuuummmm.
Oh my gosh, do you buy that Ken's Steakhouse Vidalia? That stuff is heavenly and I 'weaned' myself over to the light from the full-fat. That's what I had on my spinach salad last night.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:09 PM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
... when was the last time you have a nice big salad?
About three years ago.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:29 PM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't have a salad every day but I usually have a nice big bowl (or tupperware) of mixed fresh veggies. Today was celery, cucumbers and red bell peppers. I also generally have cut up fresh veggies with lunch and/or dinner.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'6

I buy Tastefully Simple's Vidalia Onion. If you've never heard of Tastefully Simple, you're probably better off! It's in-home parties, where they make a ton of food and you get to sample it all. Beer Bread, Bacon Dip, Key Lime Cheese Ball - all of it is meant for easy cooking and entertaining. The dressing has 140 cals and 11g of fat...but I figure the rest of my diet is pretty low fat, so I don't mind allowing myself some fat here and there.
Allikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #10  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I was going to have one last night with dinner but I was toooo stuffed! I think I had one the day before yesterday... I'll have one with lunch today YUM
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It's just 'huge' amounts of servings of vegetables, so easy and cheap for the most part!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #12  
it's always something

Lunch today I LOVE salads. I make them in a mixing bowl Though I can't stand iceberg lettuce, and always opt for baby spinach, butterhead lettuce, or other fancy lettuces. Today I had baby greens with onions, kidney beans, and Vidalia Onion and Summer Tomato dressing.

My favorite salad includes chopped apple and/or dried cranberries, with gorgonzola cheese and a light balsamic vinaigrette.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #13  

Next week my fav chicken fiesta salad is on the menu. I love the reduced cal/fat dressing from Trader Joe's. Parmesan Ranch or Cilantro maybe on my salad.. with a side of homemade baked lime tortilla chips!

Mixed baby greens for me too, except when making lettuce wraps then it has to be iceberg!!
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:48 PM   #14  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Wow... it's been awhile. I think the last salad I had was a tostada salad with homemade no-oil-added "refried" beans, homemade salsa, a little bit of low-fat cheddar cheese, green onions, a couple black olives and iceberg lettuce in a baked tortilla. It was delicious, and had good protein in it! But... it's been about a month
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #15  
108,500 Calories to Burn.

S/C/G: 160/154/129

Every day!

Today went to a work lunch, had a giant salad...mixed greens, topped with about a cup of real shredded crab, 1/2 an avocado, cucumbers, a boiled egg and tomatoes. I skipped the egg and had fat free vinigarette instead of the gooey thousand island that usually comes with it. So good!
netflower is offline   Reply With Quote