South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #1  

Default What is Phase 1 for?

Ok so I was just wondering....

Is phase one useful for anything other than the fact that it is designed to stop your cravings for carbs? I was on phase one for about 5 days...fell off...and then I have been back to phase one for the past 3 days...

I have lost 5 lbs...I'm sure most of it is water weight...but I find that without the sufficient carbs from oats and foods like that, my workouts suffer greatly...

Should I just stick it out for another 11 days, and not work out as hard?

Oh and on phase 1 should I be counting calories? I feel like all I am eatting is eggs, chicken, spinach, cheese, and peanut butter...oh and protein powder...I need some better suggestions, but I don't have much time to cook! lol

Thanks guys!
Old 06-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #2  

I have a question that goes with this one. I have started a few times and never make it past a few days. What happens if I slip on Phase 1? Do I have to start over? Can I just pick up where I am? I know P1 is supposed to get rid of your cravings. Mine seem to be terrible. I am really craving stuff I didn't even know that I ate regularly.I do fine until I get too tired or too hungry and then I give in. Nothing terrible, but not on phase 1. What do you do then? If I had to restart every time, I'd be on Phase 1 for the rest of my life. Any information or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Thanks in Advance!!!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 08:52 PM   #3  

Don't know what others think, but Phase 1 really helped my cravings. I just kept telling myself I could do anything for 2 weeks, and took it a day at a time.

When I slipped up, I started over (happened twice). I ended up being on Phase 1 for almost 3 weeks.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #4  
Chris, a chick on track!

S/C/G: sz 24/sz 20/sz 14

I think that Phase 1 is a really important part of the plan. It is hard, but after a few days the cravings go away, I've been on phase 2 fopr awhile now and slipped up so I am going back to phase1.

I am not sure if you like beans but I think they really help when you are on phase 1, plus they are quick, easy and inexpensive. There are some great resipes here, but my favorite is super simple - just drain and rinse a can of black beans and add in diced tomato, red onion, diced seeded cucumber, (you can also add diced peppers, but I don't like them much) and a simple vinagrette. It's great a side salad or with eggs, chicken or a green salad.

You'll find a lot of support here. Good luck, and if you want to go through phase 1 with someone as I redo it just e-mail me.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/227/134

Height: 5' 6"

I am on day 8 of phase 1. The key that dh and I are finding is to eat a variety and to try a new recipe every night. The taco bake on here is wonderful. Also, remember to eat your veggies! Now is the perfect time, because its the season for all of the fresh veggies. Eat them raw as salads or cook them as yummy side dishes. If you need recipe suggestions, then pm me with a list of veggies that you like, and I will help you with finding recipes. Oh yeah, my saving graces have been sugar free lifesavers, sugar free popcycles adn fudgecycles, and the peanutbutter cookies listed under phase 1 desserts! These really curb my sweet cravings. Before going on phase 1, I highly recommend you quit drinking all carbonated beverages for at least 1 month. This will reduce your sugar cravings as well.

I am exhausted on this phase so far, but its also been the week before af, and probably the week of af. I just keep trucking along though, knowing that next Sat. it will be all over (well phs 1 anyway).

Good Luck!
Old 06-12-2006, 06:36 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The main purpsoe of Phase I is to detox your body and will reduce cravings if followed correctly. If you slip up after a few days, it's best to start over.

As to tiredness or other symptoms, they can be alleviated by making sure you are having the allowed dairy servings and including legumes in your meals. Lots of chicks cut back on their exercise during the first two-week period.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:15 PM   #7  

I didn't know beans were allowed...I figured they were too high in carbs...I will have to go over the allowed list again for phase 1! Thanks guys
Old 06-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Be sure to check the list HERE in our FAQ section. It has been updated since the book came out.
Please feel free to join the daily chat threads too.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #9  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Tori,
I am on day one of Phase 1. I can't tell you how many times I've started this again, but I'm determined this time. I feel so much better when I'm on this, heaven only knows why I think I have to have the bad carbs! Anyway, I was interested in the recipe for the Taco Bake you mentioned. Would you be able to share that with me, or direct me to the recipe.

Thanks.
JPS
Old 06-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

JPS, check out our recipe forum within South BEach, It's in Phase I Entrees and is s sticky. (I'd just post the link but this way you'll see other great stuff!)
Closed Thread