Old 06-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat// June 12-18

Well, as usual it's "do-over" day. Not only do I have to re-do induction...but I'm also cutting out the soda. I'm hoping I can make it through the day with everything I want to get done w/out the headaches or other "side effects" that usually come with this. But I've GOT to get a handle on my WOE...so decided on a "NO EXCUSE" restart. Because there truly IS no excuse for the junk I've eaten. Not when there IS LC options/alternatives. So today is restart for me
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:13 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Brenda~ me too, Im right beside you!!

Ive been stressed out, and down quite a bit. Dd has been at her dad's and Im missing her something fierce!! But I cant let that take hold of me, and keep me fat!! So today is all about control! I will have control today, and have a successfull 1st day of induction. Eating.....omg, my eating has been absolutely horrid!

here's to a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #3  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Smile

Hi ladies, I'm back. I've been kind of flip-flopping all over the place because I just couldn't get in the right mindset for dieting. I even tried WW again but I was starving so I decided to start induction...again, today. So far so good. I am going to try really hard this time, I want to stick with it for two weeks as Brenda suggested before and then decide if I can do it for the long term. I have been gaining so I have to jump in and do something now before my weight really gets out of control. I know I can do this, no more excuses !

Hope eveyone has a great day !
BrownEyedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #4  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 223/215/155

Hiya everyone!

Well, this is week 2 for me and my DH. We had one off-plan meal yesterday and I don't feel that badly about it. I can't possibly go forever without a "treat" here and there and one meal isn't going to do me in... but, as DH and I both agreed... not having a treat every now and again might make us quit. So we discussed it and decided once a week we can treat ourselves, but we can't have any of our major weaknesses for a month (mine is sugar... ice cream to be specific... his is potato chips and other junk food) that way perhaps we will have removed some of our "addiction" to these items. Today our eating is back on plan and I'm feeling great. I'm incorporating exercise in this week and, while I want to go all out and start strong... I know that I'll get tired and sore and quit if I do. so... baby steps for me.

Brenda: Good luck breaking the soda habit! I quit caffeine in October and it was tough!

Robin: So sorry you're missing your dd... good luck getting back on plan!

BrownEyed good luck to you as well!!!!
Rayyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. I am with you Brenda, I had a bad weekend on my food intake. Especially Saturday. We were at the lake and I had a sandwich on regular bread. ( I never eat any bread). Things just escalated and I had watermelon too. I passed on the chips. I know I am sabotaging myself the closer I get to my goal. Why do I do this? I have worked so hard. I am back to my program this morning and won't weigh til Thursday. I was going to walk on treadmill last night but was in too much pain from my liver disease that I couldn't do it. I am feeling better now so will walk early today and not save it for tonite. I have my rash again all over my back, shoulders, under-arms and hips and it is driving me nuts. I went up on my prednisone and I know it is making me so much hungrier. Everytime I break out (every 2 or 3 months) and have to increase the steroids, I don't lose any weight for a while. This is so frustrating with being so close to goal.Oh well, I've came this far so I'm not going to let it win, I will eventually get to my goal.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:16 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Robin: When's DD going to be home? Did you go to the gym last night?

Janice: My sister tried talking me into doing WW again. Told her I was always hungry and she couldn't figure out why. Hmm..cuz we're not the same and what works for her doesn't me? How'd you do yesterday?

Rayne: Definitely baby steps. I love baby steps. Good luck on the exercise and sounds like you all have a great plan in place

Lily: Your discipline is AWESOME! I'm hoping when I'm as close to goal (again) that I can keep up with this WOE.

Good news....I ate OP (strict induction) and drank ALL my water. I did have a couple sips of soda yesterday afternoon. So that wasn't too bad. Could have had the whole thing. Whenever I felt "hungry" I went and had a piece of cheese. So hoping that takes care of the other "issue" I always had with this WOE So day 1 for me was a success. Probably won't get exercise into the equation until Wednesday. hi everyone
Old 06-13-2006, 09:42 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Brenda~ sounds like you had a great 1st day! Dd will be back in 15 more days....but who's counting?

Rayyne~ Its nice to have someone to do this with....keep up the great work!

Yesterday's eating wasn't perfect....well it was up until about 9pm. So I'll work on that today, and getting in all my water. I need to dig out my "water jug". I only have to fill it 2x, and I know Ive had my water for the day. Ive been so lazy about it. I know that if I dont get all my water in, then the rest of it doesnt follow. So I have to smarten up!

Ive been working in dd's bedroom while she has been at her dads. We moved the office around again, and dd specifically told me she wanted the room we first moved the office into. But didnt tell us until after we moved everything. So we've moved again, into her old room, and she has the new "smaller" room. But funny thing is, she has more play space in the smaller room than in the old one. She called me and told my dh, that mom is in charge of moving her room! I had to make it cool!! Talk about pressure! So its a more grown up, and not frilly purple and pink like her old one. We'll see, I'll let you all know how she liked it .....we may be going shopping when she gets here

Ive got a wicked headache today....no doubt from the sugar withdrawals I suspect they will last a while....I havent been very good at all lately.

to another op day.....have a good one.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:45 PM   #8  
lilybelle

Brenda, I am happy to see that you are back on track with induction. Maybe that 's what I need to do. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good day all!

Well I think I may be back in the swing of things. Did a kind of modified fast for 2 days 3 servings of eggs and 2 servings macadamia nuts. (just couldn't do ALL eggs!) lost 2 lbs in 2 days and now another pound already has come off since Sunday weigh in. I hope and pray that I'll get this weight coming off at a steady pace again. I still have 11 pounds to go for the firecracker challenge. I really want to make it. This is the first challenge that Ihave decided to do. I also joined in the exercise challenge and that has changed me! Thanks for that Susan! It took about a week of MAKING myself get up and do it and now I look forward to it and believe me Inever thought I would look forward to exercise!

Brenda - Good to hear that things are coming together for you again!!

RobinW - That's sweet. How old is your daughter? I would miss mine just as much in that situation! It must be tough but it's nice that she has both of you. Try to tough it out through the withdrawl and you'll beback to smooth sailing!

Janice - I hope your induction is going well. Or as well as can be expected! remember that that is the worst of it! Once you pass this it will become very easy for you. Good luck!

Rayne - Try to stick to the induction as much as possible. This is really the only time that you shouldn't cheat no matter what. Once your body gets going with this WOE then I think a small cheat here and there you can get away with!

Lillybelle - COngratulations on your strength and optimism! Especially when your heath is not at it's best! Most people would probably just through in the towel! You're going to make it and soon! I'd bet on it!

Have a good day all!
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:13 AM   #10  
lilybelle

Thanks Brenda and Maggie, the support and encouragement here is what keeps me going. Good luck to you both.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:25 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday

Robin: Wow! I'd miss my kids like crazy if they were gone that long also. Then again, can't imagine my kids WANTING to go away that long. They're "kind of" clingy How's the headache?

Lily: You're so close to goal, I think starting over wouldn't do much, do you? Isn't there only so far you can push your body before you've got to say hey, it'll drop in time?

Maggie: You sound like me w/the exercise. I just have to make myself get up and do it. Once I've done it I'm fine---it's just getting the ambition to do it. WTG on the pounds lost!! Keep up the great work!!

Well, yesterday was an Ok day. I had LC bread because I made BLT's for supper and wasn't thinking. I'm ok with it though. I'm in a bit of a "pickle" though. Strawberry season is coming FAST!! And tonight we'll be getting some strawberries from a friend of DH's. I know they're not on induction--but they are healthy. So I'm thinking of adding some of those to my food list. I drank ALL the required water yesterday and I'm feeling better. Not bloated and "feel" like I've lost weight. The scale hasn't said so, but I don't really care about that. It's how I FEEL that I'm going by Besides, my shorts aren't as tight today Time to go drink some water
Old 06-14-2006, 10:37 AM   #12  
Mommy of two

S/C/G: 208/190/150

First time chatting... hi everyone.

Well this is week 3 of Atkins and it doesn't even feel like a diet. Food is almost a non-issue and more like a task than anything. I eat eggs/bacon for breakfast, chicken/salad for lunch and meat/veggie for dinner. I am rarely hungry in between so I rarely snack. The meals are so boring, I am rarely excited about eating (I guess that can be a good thing) and I don't crave anything nor do I really have much of an appetite. It's just so weird to me because I used to love to eat and now nothing...
Anyway, I'm staying on induction level carbs for awhile, I may add some nuts, who knows. I lost 11 lbs the first two weeks and then only 2 lbs the 3rd week. I'm now solidly into my size 14's starting at size 18. I also bought a size 14 swimsuit to wear next week on vacation. Besides Dh no one has commented on my weightloss even though I've lost 21 lbs and am down 2 sizes. I'm sort of bummed about that. I was at least expecting my mom to mention it...she sure does when I'm up so why not when I'm down? Wearing clothes is getting difficult because I never know what will fit me. Some things are hanging off and others are still too tight. Luckily I have everything from size 10-18 in my closet. I'm just really ready to lose my stomach. On a o.t. note, I used Nair hair removal on my face and it burned my skin off... Nice No wonder no one comments on my weight loss, I look like a burn victim...

SIO
slimminginohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #13  
lilybelle

SIO, 21 lbs. is fantastic. You should be so proud. Congratulations on the size 14's . That is great. I know what you mean about no one noticing. I had to lose 30 lbs. before anyone really noticed.
Brenda, yes today I feel like just waiting and letting the weight slowly come off. This varies from day to day. I'm doing all I can and trying to force it obviously hasn't helped a bit. I am at 25 carbs and getting plenty of exercise. Maybe a colonic could help? LOL
Old 06-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #14  

Hello all! I am in week 10 of low carbing...I've had a few slips-no excuses. This WOE is the best that I have found, I can always find something to eat at parties and buffets, I feel full and satisfied, I sleep well and I don't have heartburn.

Today I am eating almonds for my snack and I took out fish for supper tonight.
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:55 PM   #15  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Cool

Hi Everyone...well I started at it and it was going well and then I took the stomach flu yesterday so I've been home from work the last couple of days and couldn't even think about eating meat so I've been just picking at whatever. Maybe I'm not meant to lose this weight...no I'm not going to go there, I will get back into it, fell off the wagon so I'll just jump back on sooner or later it's going to stick and the weight will fall off. Glad to hear others are doing well. I think I'll get through the rest of today and see how I feel tomorrow. I can do this and I will !
BrownEyedJ is offline   Reply With Quote