Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia # 154

Hi everybody.

Been busy. Have had hubby home on holidays going on 3 weeks. Went to Edmonton on Thursday and got to visit with my kids and gkids.

Mima - glad you can relax now. Was glad to hear that your stomach has settled down as well.

I have picutures

This is a picture of my son, gson and new little Meela, not even an hour old.

Meela

and one of my favorite pictures is of my gson and the baby. He just looks soooo happy.

I have only 3 more days of work, and then I will go on casual - which may be better for me. Some days have been more than bad, but I still went in. I need a rest!
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #2  

Well, since I am showing you pictures, I have some of my Miss Ashley as well. She turned 8 in April and is growing up.

Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:31 AM   #3  

Anne, thanks so much for posting the pictures. Meela is absolutely precious! Big brother does look proud!! How old is he? Ashley is a cutie too!! You deserve a rest! Enjoy it.

Not sure what I have planned for today. Spent most of yesterday in bed, but I feel better today. No papers to grade, so that's a plus!! Can't believe school is out.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:16 AM   #4  

Boy-we all need a rest!!! Wonderful pictures Anne. She is so cute. Meela!! What a diffewrent name-any history behind it-there usually is.
Have to clean camper today-they are using it for Relay for Life for the EMT's .
Stomache is not good even with capsules-wonder if it's diverticulitis. Almost didn't make it home from Walmart.
For sure, I am not relaxing. Whenever I go away to work, I have to catch up when I get home. But I did a lot yesterday, Not so much physical as phone calls, appts, picking up a script for Brad. Today is doc's to fix scripts written wrong, a referral for our eyes, bank, library/
And they took ER off-I have to call that station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was my reward for getting my work done!
Hi to all. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #5  

Default Hey There

Happy- What beautiful G/children!!!Enjoy being off work for awhile.
Mima- Sure hope you can get your stomach problems taken care of..
Tammy- Being out of school is a blessing. Hope you are feeling better soon.
All my tests came back negative. So I guess I just learn to live with the shortness of breath and the rest of my problems. The Dr. did say it could be pulmonary or age. I just said. Thanks a lot. I guess when you have HMO's you need to be near death before they think it is worthwhile to do something.I will just have to work harder to get healthy.
Went to mall today. spent some money and at least got some walk in... Bible study tonight with my daughter-in-law.
Hello Meme.....Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #6  

Mima, I used to watch ER all the time. Haven't watched it in years. In fact, I rarely watch anything anymore. Bob says I miss out on all of the great commercials. lol

Joanne, I'm relieved that your tests came back negative, but I don't like that you have to live like that. Please take care. Maybe we can get healthy together. Tim and I walked at the mall today too, so that's a start. I didn't buy anything, did you? How nice that you do a Bible study with your DIL. I go to one a couple nights a month. I skipped both meetings in May. It has become a marriage counseling session for one of the women, and I don't feel qualified enough to help her. I think it bothers me some because there have been some things that I've wanted to share with the group (there are 5 of us), and everyone is caught up with the marriage counseling of one. Not very nice of me is it?

I can't believe it's 11 and I'm still awake!

Oh, I changed my tracker. I thought maybe I'd aim for 10 pounds at a time. That seems more doable. Just hope it moves!!!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #7  

Good morning-glad your tests are negative, Joanne. I went to the gastro guy and he just about said I would have to live with it. Have a stomache ache again . Supposed to go to Auntie"s and it's raining.
Tammy, I am not sure that's right to focus on one person-maybe you could talk to the leader-seems like it should be focused on scripture, not people.
Went to prayer group last night-what a nice group. Ther is an upcoming "revival" in Brad's church-really hope it reaches some people.
My DIL is a new Christian. PTL. But I have trouble dealing with her-just my attitude. She is a bit manipulative but really sweet, Lots of ideas that are not like mine.
Have a good day-my brother bought a place in Venice, Just an RV that's set up to stay there. ONly an hour and a half from us. Mima
Old 06-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #8  

Default Hey There

Mima-Tammy-- I am having a problem with the Dr.s attitude"learn to live with it". Why do we have to live with it? Why is it that because we are over 50 and into our 70's we have to do that?It is as if we are not worthy of having the same kind of care as younger people.It is sad but people on HMO's are limited to just a certain amount of medical care. They seem to have the idea that we are not long for this world so don't bother.If I am having the same problem ,on my next visit,and I will I guess I will try to get him to pay a little more attention to my problem.Saying the test were negative was not a answer for me.
I bought a pair of brown pants, 2pair ear rings,panties,pants for my hubby(father's day)some face lotion and 7 day scrub.(clinique) and walked some in the process.
The bible study is Beth Moore"s 10 week course. It sure makes me face a few issues. I found it hard to sleep last night.
Hello Everybody...Joanne
Old 06-08-2006, 05:45 PM   #9  

Joanne and Mima, what is it with doctors? You were both told basically you have to live with the problem, instead of them helping you find a way to help with the problem. I don't like that at all.

Mima, I agree with you about our study should be about scripture. It used to be until we started dwelling on one person's marriage. The woman who started out group dropped out a couple months ago. I really don't know who the leader is anymore. We all share responsibilities. I guess I should be more assertive, but I normally don't do that.

Wow Joanne! Your shopping trip sounds great! Glad you found so many things. I went to Wal-Mart today, but just bought stuff like paper towels, toilet paper, cleaning supplies. Not fun stuff.

Someone was reading Ted Dekker books a while back. Can't recall who it was. Short memory. I just read [U]The Marter's Song[U] Wow. It was good. Deep. Made me really think.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:59 AM   #10  

It was Meme-Is that a Dekker book-I need to go to library-always looking for something good to read. Come on Tammy, you can speak up. I remember one time in a Senior yoga class when the teacher was going off on a tangent and others were joining in-I needed to exercise so I spoke up-don't know how popular I was. Maybe you could get someone on your side-follow a Bible Study course-have each person prepare a lesson-all on scripture, You can tell I hang. out with Baptists.
It stopped raining momentarily but will start again. Relay for Life tonight and tomorrow. Brad's sister and husband are very involved-they took our camper for some people to sleep in.
Brad was sick yesterday-must of been a bug that I had on Wed, I had to drive to take dog to get groomed, get his med, and pick him up. What a great job they did!
Still doing research on geneology of my great-granparents. I am going to pay 28 $ for my great grandfather's death cert. I t will give his parents-I am stuck right now, Don't know the exact date but it's in the 30's.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 06-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #11  

Default Hey There

Tammy- It is usually the HMO's that are regulating the doctor.Maybe we need to be more demanding with our wish to have better health. I think it is called the almighty green backs.
Mima- I am in the library weekly.. I would probably get more done if I didn't read so much..
Hello everybody...Joanne
Old 06-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #12  

Mima, yes the book I read is a Dekker book. I mentioned it to Bob and Tim and told them I thought they would enjoy it. My aunt beat them to it though, so I'm loaning it to her. About the bible study, I've had another women in the town where we just moved who asked me to join a study group that she is starting. there are several people I know who are doing their family histories. My SIL has worked on ours off and on through the years.

Joanne, I'm sure you are right about it being the HMO's. $$ talks. Reading is good for you!! don't stop!!

Went to a parade in town today. A friend of my husband passed away recently. He was always tinkering with things and building funny things for the area parades. A couple years ago, he motorized a grocery cart and drove it in the parade. He had about 10 different things. This year his new item was a motorized toilet. Jimmy was so proud of that thing and couldn't wait for the parade. He didn't live to get to ride it with the rest of his toys, but my husband drove the toilet in the parade today!! There was a banner in front of all of his toys saying "In memory of Jimmy....." Each toy was driven by his son or one of his good buddies. It was neat, and a little emotional. I know a toilet doesn't sound emotional, but we all knew how proud he would have been driving it this year.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:49 AM   #13  

That is so sweet. What a nice gesture! It finally stopped raining. Can't get e-mail through to my friend who is helping me with gen. Guess I'll have to use the phone!!!!!!
I have been sick for so long, I decided to take a prescr. of something I had leftover and have a refill on. If it doesn't work in 2 days I will stop. But I do think it's working. How's that for a diagnosis.
Pastor's oarty is today. Going to church at 9 and we will set up after and gpo back this afternoon. Fun!!!
Bye for now-Read, read , read. Watch a dvd from the library and it stopped working 2/3 of the way through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Luckily Brad knew the ending. Fargo!!
Bye for now Mima
Old 06-11-2006, 05:35 PM   #14  

We've had rain off and on all weekend. Hope you are right about your diagnosis!!
How frustrating for the dvd to stop working! Glad Brad knew the ending.

We went to another graduation party today. My friend's daughter graduated from college. She's in the medical field, but I'm not sure what it is! She has a job, and will be starting it this week.

Someone told us that our street is the best in town to watch tonight's fireworks. Tim just pointed out where they are setting them off. I think we can sit on the porch or in the kitchen to watch. We don't even need to go outdoors.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:50 AM   #15  

That's great. Have you gotten any bids on your old house or did I miss something.
I am feeling better so I will continue to take med. Even though it makes me nauseous. What a great party for Fr, Andre-and I saw my 2 friends from teacher scoring-they don't work there anymore because they live in Kennebunkport ME-he is Fr. Gariepy's cousin. But there was a crowd of people ther all afternoon. And at night I went to the Spiritual Power "revival" at Brad's church-very nice. I think it will be good for us and anyone else that we can bring. Tonight is on the DaVinci code which I haven't read and haven't seen. And don't really care.
Planning a camping trip!! Debbie is coming over this afternoon and we will meet Angela at church tonight, Keith is a little chunk!! Mima