Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:34 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default June alternachick chat

Good morning everyone!

I can't believe it is June already! Two months to go until my summer vacation!

It's a little cooler here today and rain is expected but that's not so bad.

Tomorrow night I have to go to a movie premier of film of a friend of a friend. It's an independent film but 3 of DH's band's songs are in the film so I'm going to show my support. Not sure what the film is about though
Old 06-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/176/125

Height: 5' 4"

Hi all. I have a question but please keep an open mind. I would LOVE to join in a lot of your threads, including some of the pagan ones on natural products, aromatherapy, different things like that but I want to let you know I'm not pagan or anything. I am a Christian. My son describes me as a hippie. I am very out of my element in the "normal" world...not sure how to say that, because I am different. I don't go into materialism, chemicals, I'm very much into nature, natural living, I don't really know how to say all this, hoping you can figure out what I'm meaning

I don't have alot of friends in the real world because I don't go for a lot of the things that they go on about. I'm very non-conformist I guess.
Would I offend you if I joined in some of the chats?
Ann
Old 06-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #3  

Your an Alternachick! I am sure no one will mind you joining in the threads you are interested in. We're a very inclusive bunch!

I can't believe it's June either, it's a huge month for me. This weekend is my birthday, next weekend is my first 10k run (in London, a place I have never been) and the following week I go to Australia

I've been counting the days for all these events and now I can't believe I am so close!
Old 06-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/176/125

Height: 5' 4"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY this weekend!!
I'm jealous, Australia!! I would love to go there and Ireland before my days here are done.

*and thank you for letting join in the alternachick
Old 06-01-2006, 08:30 PM   #5  

Welcome Ann! feel free to post anywhere you like in the Alternachicks/paganchicks/veggiechicks forums. You'll find that we all are pretty diverse people who don't fit with the "norm" whatever that is!

Kempyd - Have a great birthday weekend and good luck with your 10k run!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #6  

Normal is a dryer setting.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:50 PM   #7  

cj - right!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #8  

Had a great weekend! I went to a movie premier for a locally produced film and really enjoyed it. Afterwards I went out for a couple of drinks with some friends.

Saturday I went to an art show and had lunch with a friend. Then her and her husband came over for dinner and we watched a movie.

On Sunday I finished planting the flower beds in the front yard Now we just have to paint the trim and the fence.

I think I lost 2 lbs this past week from all the gardening I've been doing!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 06-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

I also had a really good weekend. Spent most of Friday lounging around with my hubby, we did our big monthly shopping and then had BBQ and watched a movie at home. It was just a nice day together. Saturday also spent lounging about. Sometimes it's nice to just have an off weekend - especially after the last few I've had. and the next two will be filled with in-laws so i'm glad for the rest!

Back to work on Sunday, but sundays are always slow because.. who would think to call their bank on sunday? nobody!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:39 AM   #10  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Default Me Three!

Hi All, been eves dropping but too busy with work and other things to chat. Anyway -we had a great weekend also.

Today is our 7th year wedding anniversary and we celebrated Friday, Sat and Sun. Friday was more for local grads - went to the small town ceremony, class of 17 students. Nice part of a small class was the slide show they did with pics of each kid as they grew into the young adults they are.

Sat we went shopping and out to dinner and went to X-3.

Yesterday we lounged a bit then worked on our motorcycles, getting ready for some summer riding (havent ridden since before we left portland so I may need a bit of practice. Then we groomed and deflyed the horses.

DH is off to work now.

Later
Old 06-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #11  

Happy Anniversary!
Old 06-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #12  

Freakin' hot again today I've been trying to conserve some energy at my workplace since the A/C is now on. I've set everyone's office temps on low/medium and any rooms not being used have the a/c and lights turned off. It may be a small thing but every little bit counts

Tonight DH is BBQ'ing and we're having cheddar smokies, veg burgs and salad. Dessert will be ice cold sliced watermelon I can taste watermelon as I'm typing!
Old 06-06-2006, 10:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/241/140

mmmmmmmm watermelon.

Hello I would like to join you ladies I post offten at the veggie chicks board and I think this is a good place for me It's been a long week and I hope this month is a good one. I also had an aniversary this last week on the 1st 10 years. We had a wonderful time as I hope you did as well. well have a good night.

Peace G
Old 06-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

Isn't it nice to have better weather for BBQ? I feel like we eat a little healthier when we grill foods, and it's so much faster too.
it's been kinda overcast, drizzly and muggy here for a few weeks. i'm getting tired of it! but then, once it gets hot i'll just be complaining more. it's been excrutiating in our room upstairs, we're breaking out the window A/C this weekend.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:35 PM   #15  

Welcome G! And a belated Happy Anniversary!

lizziness - yeah, weird how grilling just feels "healthier". I also like not having to heat the kitchen up.

I'm feeling a bit tired and cranky today - its' my third day in a row without coffee!

But on a good note I have had 3 vegetarian meals this week for dinner so I'm pretty happy about that. I'm better at breakfast and lunch but I've been wanting to have more veggie dinners but it's hard when your DH is a big meat eater.
Closed Thread