South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 07:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Feisty Friday - June 9

Good morning! It's raining here and I'm glad as I planted most of the Fairground yesterday plus 1/2 of my veggie garden. I didn't lug the hoses over to the Fairground as I hoped Mother Nature would water for me. She did!

I'm still getting up around five now that Lucy's home but must eat my breakfast before I do any posting. My blood sugar has been running very low the past week so I am making sure I eat first. I just had FOUR servings of veggies - a glass of V8, a frittata with a whole cup of veggies did it for me. Now I must remember to glug my water.

Since I can't garden today, I'll go to town and do some errands and avoid the Chinese Buffet place. The Girls are in rainy day mode and will spend their time curled up on the couch in the back room. It's only 60 out there but I refuse to light the woodstove for them! Maybe later if I'm cold!

What's happening around your Beach Towel? Soggy or sunny?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ruth,
I was in here just after 6 and typed a long chatty post but somehow it dissappeared and must be floating around somewhere out in cyberspace! Anyway, it's a beautiful sunny morning here and maybe we're finally breaking out of the rainy weather pattern we've been in for the past 2 weeks.
The girls and I finally got to go berry picking yesterday between showers, and they have pretty much had their fill of strawberries for a while. Now they are asking when can we go for blueberries?
This morning I have to tidy up the house before I get the girls. We're having a "Sweet 16/Bon Voyage" party for my granddaughter Caitlyn tomorrow, so they'll be coming out later today to stay overnight. And on Sunday we're going to my nephew's graduation party, so it's going to be another busy weekend.

Okay, WAKE UP! all you Sleepyheads, the coffee is ready!
Old 06-09-2006, 08:32 AM   #3  

What a GAWJIS Morning !!!!

Let's see time to catch up

Ruth: STAY AWAY FROM THE CHINA BUFFETT!!!!

Batmom: The Chilis outing sounded like muchofun!

Cottage: didja get to pick berries yesterday?

Kiko: Actually usually it's my butt cheeks that hurt after weeding! Since this is a rental and we've already put in a fair amount of $$ into this lawn, DH refuses to spring for Weed fabric or more mulch... but I bought this stuff called "Preen" at Costco... it's suppose to inhibit weed growth... we'll see how that works cause weeding could be a fulltime job !

LucsMom:
YAY for a Freezer!!! We got ours a few years ago and I don't know what I would do without it now.

Hotmomma:
Quote:
I forgot to boil my eggs at home so I decided to bring them to work and try boiling them in the microwave That was a definite NO NO. They exploded in the microwave and now I think I've broken it
Noooooooooooooooooo Yikes, your coworkers may ban you from the microwave! I worked at a place that had "popcorn" free microwaves -- seems some folks just got sick of the smell -- so they designated only one microwave could be used for popcorn..

Barb:
How fun about Wood Badge camp! 101 degrees :Yikes:

to my little "executive" Sooooon and Stephie, Crocky, Schmellie,

I spent most of yesterday looking at on line programs to get my PM cert... and doing cover letters for some job apps..... Look at how wonderful I am!!! Look at what I can do for youuuuuuuu.... while I'm not what you would consider shy , real humble , retiring or introverted...this self promotion churns me tummy a bit.....Then went food shopping and chuckled to myself that ya know yer getting old when you completely bypassed the aisles with make up, hair adornments, etc -- and head for the "first aid" aisle to fill yer cart with bengay, tylenol, tums, pepcid, and Gas-X.....
today, It's gonna be a loverly 85 degrees...so I think I'll head to the pool with the last book in the Dark Tower series...
Old 06-09-2006, 08:50 AM   #4  

Default Happy First Birthday to my little Meg! :)

Good morning girlies!

My sweet little lovebug is officially one today!! Check out her love for cupcakes on my avatar- that picture cracks me up!!

Schatzi You crack me up as always!! What is a PM certification?

Ruth Geez woman!! You must be super sore from all that planting yesterday!

Cottage Sounds like a fun-filled weekend for you! :willpowerdust: coming your way to stay OP.

Whew- this coffee isn't kicking in fast enough for me, let me tell ya! We were on the go yesterday like nobody's business!! Baby sat for two different friends, one so she could make a kid-less airport run in the afternoon and another so she could celebrate her anniversary with her DH. We didn't get home until 10:00 and then I stayed up chatting and BSing with my own DH. Gotta love summer! Today is just as busy. Cupcakes are in the oven, heading over to church to help get ready for VBS next week and then swimming and fun with friends this afternoon. We already celebrated the baby's birthday with family, so we will have a little cupcake celebration with friends this afternoon.

Where's Beachgal?? Get in her and post on the dailies woman!!!!!!!

Gotta jet- the baby is waking up and I need to be showered and outta here in 45 minutes.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:16 AM   #5  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

just a quickie happy birthday out to youur sweet baby!! Enjoy the day!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #6  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning all.

Rainy day here,, Thunderstorms last night and heavy rain,, I have awakened to a foggy, damp and overcast day,, I have a cook out today, I made BBQ chicken and Green beans and Deviled eggs for me to take so I am preparred food wise. I hope the weather permits for the cookout.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

sick of rain, sick of rain!!!!
that's it.....oh yay!! some kind of critter is chewing on my veggies and flowers!!!
GRRR! very upset about it.....any ideas????
morning all!!! hope everyone has a great weekend.....
Old 06-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mmmmm....just had a lovely long soak in the tub and chatted with my dear friend Shirleyanne. We've been friends since we were 18. You'd think we'd be talked out!

Beachgal isn't around for a bit. She was off to CA on holidays for a while. Now her DH's Grandma is very ill and may be departing soon so they have gone to WI.

Gotta dry off, get dressed and take off for town. I am trying to time it so I dont hit the Chinese Buffet! Wish me luck and !
Old 06-09-2006, 10:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

One large order of coming your way, Ruth!

Kko
~ Give that darling little one of yours a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY hug and kiss from me!

Schatzi ~ Have fun at the pool! I may even get a chance to enjoy mine later today!

Battmomm, moBerry, and Crockett ~ Enjoy your Friday!!!

My house is clean and the laundry is done! Now I'm thinking what to make for supper tonight, probably Shrimp "Fried Rice", and I may make a WW Couscous Salad for the party tomorrow. I'd better run, I have to drop off some books at the library before I pick up Maggie from her last day of nursery school.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:36 AM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Good marnin'!

It's a beautiful day here. Got up way early so I could go run in the cool of the day. Glad that part of the day is over. I'm going to go weed today and do some Saturday cleaning. I hate Saturday cleaning on Saturday!

Been busy at work for the past two days and I haven't been on the board, I'm going to have to take time to catch up on everyone.

I'm on day 19 of phase one. I have done OK with phase one because of trying lots of new recipes, so my mouth has been entertained, I'm trying to stay on it until I get into the 40's but this last couple of pounds has been slow! I'm a bit chicken to go to phase two because I have a tendency to overdo on the carbs. Any suggestions????

Well, Ruth, I would love to see your gardens! I bet they are beautemous! Give Lucy a love for me. Also, confusious say: NO CHINESE BUFFETT!

Cottage, picking blueberries would be so fun! Yummy!

Schatzi me love, let me write that thingy for you! I can brag about you!

Kiko, happy birthday to the little lovey! Cupcake face was darling!

MsCrockett, deviled eggs....yummy....you've given me dinner ideas thanks!

moberry, sorry about the critters. Try sprinkling ceyenne pepper over everything.

Well ladies, I'm off to scrub a dub the tub. Hope you all enjoy they day!
Old 06-09-2006, 10:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

Good morning beachers...
Looks like most of us are Up-And-At'm

I had a really nice time at Bunco's last night. First time I ever played. It was fun. I think I would have had more fun with people I actually knew. I only knew 2 of the 12. But it was still nice to get out without the kids and DH. I didn't get home until about 10pm. The kids and DH were fast asleep Too bad it was too late to do anything. It was nice not to have to feed and bathe and bed the kids for an evening.

My MIL and I are discussing maybe starting our own Bunco group. Maybe we can find 10 other woman interested.

Not much on the books today. Suppose to be hot and humid Looking forward to the weekend. DH is going out of town racing Sat and Sun. Thinking of taking the kids to see either Cars or Over the Hedge on Sat evening. Have to stay away from the popcorn , then maybe ride to the river for a little swim on Sunday.

mo-berrysend some rain to my area. We are dry to the bone.
kikoHAPPY BIRTHDAY to your littleone
schatziLuckily we had a spare microwave to get us by for now. No banning me from it, it's my office. But this morning my office stunk of eggs
Old 06-09-2006, 12:57 PM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

This is the first time I could post.Had to answer my long list of e-mails this morning. Than off to shop around the town.

Haven't got the Ok for repairing our car,next door neighbor told us we have a horrible insurance company. So we thinking hard about changing to another insurance company.

Leo's doing OK,his cancer tumor is not slowing him down.He got our barrels fertalized for our tomato plants.Helps me with the shopping, & other home repairs. Than he take it easy in his recliner for a afternoon snooze.

Called DD yesterday and our youngest granddaugther told us she was playing restaurant with mommy.All the animals were at the table & seated on the chairs. She invited us to the restaurant, she was seving all kinds of food.DON'T THINK SHE WAS SERVING SOUTH BEACH FRIENDLY FOODS.Oh well.

Planning to exercise this afternoon,as I can't walk with all this rain.Expecting thounder bloomer again.

That all the news

Hugs BB
Old 06-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

crazy weather!!!

i will have to get a giant container of cayenne pepper.... little critters are driving me nuts....I love them but "don't eat my stuff"
Old 06-09-2006, 03:07 PM   #14  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

'ello ladies, I've been sleeping in hardcore lately and not getting around to stopping in...

I'm so excited, I bought a new custom made corset this week, I ordered it two inches smaller in the waist than I actually am cuz it'll take a bit over a month to receive and don't want it to be loose as soon as I get it! I secretlyhope to lose those 2 inches by the time I get it But either way it should fit just fine and give at least a 4 inch reduction. wheee! I think corsets are so sexay. It's black with red cherryblossoms (chinese brocade) and figure I can be a geisha for halloween and wear it. teehee....

The weight loss is slowing after that first month and I"m STILL on phase one (waiting until I lose 20 lbs before moving on to phase 2) I'm stepping up my excersize this month in hopes of losing a little faster.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-10-2006, 12:15 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Hello all, you sound like such a great group. I keep coming around but not sticking. The only thing sticking are the lbs. I think I need the beach again. I know something is not right and I need more of a plan - ie. SBD.
Closed Thread