South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 07:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Think Thin Thursday Chat - June 8

The server was down for a while this morning but I guess Suzanne has now paid out bill! I am off to bung some more plants amd seeds into my veggie garden before we get the predicted showers. Remind me next year that I do NOT need such a big plot of earth for veggies for one person plus two dogs!

I need to "think thin" today as the scale has blipped me up a pound and a half! Remind me to re-read my own advice about extra water in hot weather! Duh!

Have a great day whatever you have on your agenda.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:53 AM   #2  

Up n At'em! Daylights a Burnin Chicks!

Ruth - On the Go Go Go !!! Enjoy your day!

Well Schatzi 1 Weeds 0. It took me 3 hours yesterday to clear all the weeds out of the plants and flowers.. . Thank gawd fer Bengay..I was feelin a might stiff ...but I made the most out of our first rain-free day...
It looks like thunderstorms are a brewin today! Speaking of brewin.... nuthin like the smell of fresh ground in the Morn
Will pop in later dahlinks!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ruth and Schatzi, and to all you others out there, WAKE UP!

It's a beautiful sunny morning, but showers are predicted for the rest of the day, so we'll see. We never did get to go berry picking yesterday as it rained all day, so maybe we'll try to go today. There's nothing exciting going on here today, otherwise. Schatzi, want to come over and help me pull weeds? I'll even put a pot of coffee on.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!

Ruth- the title of this mornings thread inspired me to get on the scales, wasn't going to do it until day 7 of ph 1 (today is day 4) I am down 8 lbs already! I know it's all water weight, but I already feel like I have more energy! Thanks for your info on the yogurt, I decided to stay away from it.

I am off to weed my garden and thin my lilies. Then DH & I are going to buy a freezer. Need more room to put frozen veges.
It's supposed to rain here, so I better get at it.

Think thin Chickie's!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:38 AM   #5  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

ack all you gardeners, I still have my plants in their pots eagerly waiting to be put in the ground but I just keep putting it off. 1 cilantro plant already offed himself...

went to a chili's manager/family outing yesterday and went jet skiing and boating and it was wonderful, fell pretty far from phase 1 but I think I got it out of my system now. Today is a new day and I start phase 1 yet again.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:48 AM   #6  

Good morning!

Groggy start to my day today. I haven't been sleeping very well, don't quite know what is going on with that!

Ruth I am definitely suffering from water retention. I don't typically get enough anyway, but this heat is making it so much worse!!

Cottage Good morning! Hope you get to do your berry picking today.

Schatzi Do your hamstrings hurt? That is always a sore of major soreness for me when I weed the garden. Good exercise for you though!

Lucs Mom WTG on 8 pounds down! Not all of that is water weight- feel good about your progress!!

Bat What a fun day! Glad you enjoyed it!

Me- Two more days of Phase 1 and I will attempt to start adding back again. My weight is right at 160 this morning and I know exactly why I am not losing. I have to get my arse exercising! Running my kids here and there ain't exercising that is going to help me lose weight!!!! I also need to be consistently OP, because cheating here and there is setting me back in a major way. So... if I know what to do, the plan is to implement it, right??

Tons of errands to run today, such a pain with the two kiddos, but it must be done. I am going to try and complete the majority of it this morning before the heat kicks in. My brother and SIL also sent the kids an adorable inflatable pool with a slide that I promised DD we would do after breakfast. Apparently I need to start working on this coffee and waking up!

Bye gals!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #7  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

I'm right there with you Kiko. I need to get OP and stay OP b/c a little cheating relaly does go a looooooong way. A good plan is def the first step!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #8  
schmellie

S/C/G: 187/180/140

Good morning everyone!

Looks like you all have busy busy days ahead - I wish I could get out into the garden today! (If I had one) The weather is beautiful and I'm bummed to be stuck in the office all day with the AC up so high it feels like winter. Except I'm wearing sandals

Had been very naughty at the end of last week but managed to just stall and not actually gain anything - whew! I've been OP for the last 2 days so I'm finally starting P2. So far, so good. I've decided to add wholewheat pitas and a bit of fruit (strawberries) back this week to see how it goes. It's great! I had my first really yummy dessert last night, the fudge brownies with sliced strawberries and plain yogurt. Yum. It made me really happy. Otherwise all is going pretty well. My sister is coming for a visit so next week will be a struggle to stay OP but I'm ready for it - the fridge is stocked with good choices so as long as I can stay away from (too much) booze I should be ok!

Hope you all have a great day on the beach and in the sun!

x ellie
Old 06-08-2006, 10:12 AM   #9  

Morning, gals! It's a bright sunny day today and expected to reach 101. The paper shows it's a red ozone day too. That's not good.

Kiko - I don't blame you for getting out early. I wish I wasn't stuck inside. I'd rather be out working in the garden. My garden is really suffering with the water restrictions. They aren't as bad here as in certain areas (we do get to water twice a week) but my squash is just not happy. I need to hand water more but it is hard finding time.

Tonight I have cub scout roundtable. That is always fun and tonight is a potluck dinner and an auction. I'm also dealing with lots of cub scout Twilight Camp stuff tonight. I can't believe camp is in 11 days! I need to finish my poster board of Coats of Arms and put together some more posters of camp songs.

I've been asked to staff at Wood Badge next Spring. I guess I came highly recommended by the course director from my Wood Badge. I'm honored especially since I haven't finished earning my Wood Badge beads. DH has agreed to take care of Brian so I can go. I am so excited! I won't have to start preparing until around Thanksgiving so I get a break after camp.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #10  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Girls

How is everyone? I am doing well, I am Pmsing though.. ugh.. I hate this time of the month.. I am waiting to see what it is going to do today, It is overcast, I need to mow the yard and straighten up outside, but I need the rain to stall long enough to get it all done, Then the potatoes need worked on in the garden.. deed.. I hope to get it all done today.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #11  
gotta lose it!

Morning all! I have a day off so I'm going to Curves & do some scrapbooking. I'm making spaghetti squash for dinner with chunky veggie sauce - mmmm, can't wait!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

WOW, you ladies are early birds that's for sure. I can't ever get here early enough...

Not too much on the calendar today.

Had a bad start...I forgot to boil my eggs at home so I decided to bring them to work and try boiling them in the microwave That was a definite NO NO. They exploded in the microwave and now I think I've broken it
So now I don't know what I'm going to do about warming up my lunch. It's the only microwave we have And it stinks in here now. Thanks to me...

Hopefully the rest of the day will be better.

I'm trying not to obsess about the gain I had. I'm bouncing between 179 and 180. GRRR I sure hope phase two will be more successful. I'm going to watch my portions and change up a bit to see if that helps.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:28 AM   #13  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Week 5 Day 2...of my running program

Ok so this program just jumped up a notch...it got out of hand fast! I was feeling awesome after my last training run. I looked at the schedule and saw omg 2 eight minute running intervals and my jaw dropped. Went to a movie tonight and lost all daylight to run in...dragged my butt to the gym and guess what...I did it. I was so awesome I even upped my mph on the last minute of my last running interval to push myself just a little harder. Music blaring, heart pumping, sweat dripping I am a running goddess and did not even know it! Better keep this motivation week 5 day 3 calls for running 20 minutes straight with no breaks...up until now 11 minutes is the longest I have ever run...

Wish me luck, god I am so fricken proud!

ruth - I had forgotten about adding extra water in hot weather, thanks for the reminder.

schatzi - I bet your garden is immaculate Great job...

cottage - Ooh berry picking sounds pretty good, I haven't had fresh berries since forever.

batmomm - Today is a new start hun ! I am so jealous I want to go boating.

kiko - It is so hard to follow your own advice...you just gotta MAKE yourself do it...

barb - congrats on being asked to be on the staff!

mscrockett - I think you can get it all done, I do not ency you with so much to do though!

soon - Morning soon
Old 06-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #14  

Stephie!!!! You deserve to be Prouder than a Peacock!!! U R AWESOME!!!!!! u GO GIRL!!!!!

I need you to come and back on my exercises!!!
Closed Thread