Old 06-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #1  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Exclamation EEK! & other general babble

I'm all jittery! My blue belt test has been rescheduled...for TONITE! Was orginally scheduled for tomorrow so it is only one day early, but it elminates that "one extra just making sure I've got everything down in my head" class. Nerve wracking! Plus I'm soooooooo nervous about that break I had talked about a while back.
We'll be leaving as soon as the doboks (uniforms) are done drying. The test isn't until 6pm, but plan to arrive about 4:30 if not earlier just so my daughter and I have an opportunity to run over everything.

Plus I just had to get off my chest the terrible eating I have been doing the last week and a half. Had many days over 3000 calories. As a result I will no longer be having a 'cheat day'. Having those high calorie foods really throws me off the rest of the week and I find it harder to say 'no' to them the other 6 days of the week. It is just easier for me not to have them at all. KWIM?
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:21 PM   #2  
<333

S/C/G: 283/251/180

Height: 5' 4

Cool

Talk about weird! My little brother is testing for his green belt today! How weird!

Well Everyone has a lapse here and there so Im sorry you had a lapse but im glad your back on track!

BTW Congratulations on your weight loss so far!

<3
Stephanieee<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #3  

I'm cheering for you!!!! I am sure you'll be fine. 2frustrated on the UKFatChicks forum has done really well with her grading this week, and also has her green belt (she's a scary tough kickboxer!) so lets get her to send some vibes your way!

My eating has been at maintenance level for ages. I am basically just gonna cruise til I get back from Australia on 7th July, and then get back into it again. I'm still doing great on the exercise, so it's not all bad.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #4  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

I'll be pulling for you Laura! I know you'll be outstanding!!
andoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #5  
No description available.

Good luck!! I just got my orange belt myself. I love TKD!! Such great exercise and you get to kick stuff and yell. What's not to like??
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:11 AM   #6  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

GO LAURA

Let us know as soon as you can OK?

I know you'll make it!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:41 AM   #7  
Black Belt In Training

Hi all! Did great on all my techniques (intermediate kicking, practicals, and 3-2-1 steps, pattern). But will have to retest (the break only) at Monday's class then I will officially be a blue belt. Grand Master Lee said my kick looked great and I would have broken it if I would have had the kick centered.

My daughter Morgana also tested for her blue belt. She passed with flying colors & broke her board the FIRST try and Grand Master Lee said he was very impressed with her again. (feeling like very proud mom here)
Anyway enough bragging LOL

Stephanieee<3: Thanks for your kind words. What martial art does your little brother do?

Kykaree: I've seen posts from 2frustrated while I've been nosing around on the boards. Always excited to meet other martial arts students and learn how there martial art differs from mine.
Are you visiting family and friends in Australia before heading back to the UK? So envious of those of you who have traveled to other countries. I've never even been to Canada much less to another continent. Perhaps in a few years once DH is working steadily and we have more funds. Of course there is always a chance we could actually move overseas; very exciting idea!

Andoreth: Thanks for your supportive words. Didn't break the board as I had planned. It's the first time I have missed a break and very hurtful to my pride (and my instructors fingers as I kicked them twice while attempting my break.)

Midwife: How very very cool! I didn't know you were a TKD student although I had figured out you are a midwife LOL (Do you do homebirth or are you in freestanding birth center or hospital affiliated?)
TKD Rocks! Are you learning WTF style? In what order do your belts go? How long have you been doing TKD? (ok, enough with the Spanish Inquisition type questioning )

FamograhamThanks for your cheerleading efforts.
Just noticed; WOW down 7 lbs already! You are rockin' on down!
(Will be rockin' down too now that I'm behaving myself with the food.)
Old 06-08-2006, 01:30 AM   #8  

I'm going to Australia for three weeks to see my Mum and Dad - a lot has happened in the last two years since I've seen them. My mum has retired, my dad has been diagnosed with emphysema, my mum with diabetes, and they've had their kitchen completely remodelled! My sister and her husband have had another baby, and of course there other little girl is now 3, so will look very different to the last time I saw her.

And I have an internet friend to visit that i met here, and lots of other friends to see. It's really exciting, I can't wait to go on June 19, then I'm back July 7. I'm leaving dh at home to look after the cat!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:29 AM   #9  

Hi TKDmom,
I catch babies at a private hospital...the call for homebirth would kill me!

Our belts go white, yellow, orange, green, blue, 2nd blue, red, 2nd red, poom, and black...so I have a long way to go, but I am in no hurry.

I believe it is WTF style. My son is also involved and it is so great to have an activity with him. Great exercise, great family time...

Congrats and good luck with your break on Monday!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Laura -- glad the test went well!

As for the eating, while it isn't ideal, a positive spin on it is that you KNOW you are eating 3000+ calories for those days. Before I started this I was completely UNAWARE of the many 4000 and 5000+ (or more) days! At least you have that awareness now, and can get back on track.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Glad to hear your test went well...and you'll get that board broken easily I missed my son break his(his test was last month)...had I known,I would have been in there watching every second of it(I was outside watching,but had to leave to get the little one dinner and missed it by a few minutes ).Now he wants me to take it with him since I said I'd consider it if he broke a board
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #12  

Zoritsa, Really do consider trying it! I am always amazed how quickly an hour of hard cardio goes by when I am having so much fun.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:45 AM   #13  
Black Belt In Training

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife
Zoritsa, Really do consider trying it! I am always amazed how quickly an hour of hard cardio goes by when I am having so much fun.
I second that!
One of my (many) favorite things about learning TKD (or any martial art) is that you are learning something, and an art form at that!, while getting fit instead of spending an hour slogging away on some cardio machine bored out of your skull.
FYI, when I started TKD last year in March, I weighed 289 lbs. I was the very, very last student to finish the sit ups, push ups etc during warm up. It was really hard and mortifiying to be sooo veryyyy sloooooow and fat, but I was still having fun and really looked forward to every class. More than one year later I still look forward to every class but no longer am I the last one finished with the warm up! I beat younger, thinner students-which is all of them. Nothing like leaving people 10 years younger than you IN THE DUST! LOL
::stopping the babbling now::
Old 06-09-2006, 03:57 AM   #14  
Black Belt In Training

Smile

Quote:
Hi TKDmom,
I catch babies at a private hospital...the call for homebirth would kill me!
That is so cool. I have considered becoming a midwife but the idea of being responsible for the health of women and their babies is pretty scary to me.

Quote:
Our belts go white, yellow, orange, green, blue, 2nd blue, red, 2nd red, poom, and black...so I have a long way to go, but I am in no hurry.

I believe it is WTF style. My son is also involved and it is so great to have an activity with him. Great exercise, great family time...

Congrats and good luck with your break on Monday!
Our belts go white, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, purple trim, brown, red, 1st Dan black for adults or poom for children under 16. I have approximately 18 months before I will qualify for the opportunity to test. In between testing for red and testing for your black belt you have 6-9 months of training. It is so exciting but I too am in no hurry.

My two oldest children are involved. Morgana is 7 and in Jr TKD, Ariana is 5 and in Little Kicks. DH was in it too until he decided he would rather play golf. Our youngest Ewan, is only 3 and has one just more year until he is old enough for Little Kicks. When I practice at home though, he'll 'practice' too. He is so funny and so darn cute kicking and yelling "AI" LOL

Thanks, I look forward to showing that board who is boss. lol
Old 06-09-2006, 07:37 AM   #15  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I'm coming in a little late on this. Great job on your belt I know you will break it on Monday. I've been rethinking the whole treat day thing myself. I'm not really willing to give it up but I have to find a way to keep it in control. I started out only letting it be 600 calories over and I need to stick to that.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote