Old 06-06-2006, 01:23 PM   #1  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Angry Off Topic Rant

I am seriously p****d off!
Today my daughters' school had the annual school picnic and WE MISSED IT. Why did we miss it? DH "Couldn't find the paper with the information on it and didn't know when it was." IT WAS WRITTEN ON THE CALENDER. And when I was getting ready to go I told him we needed to get ready to go ASAP as they stopped serving lunch at 11:40. So he dinks around on his #!@%& computer playing a fricken game for cryin' out loud................and we get to the school at 11:43!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He said he thought they were starting lunch at 11:45. WHAT EVER! I told him in clear, plain English that lunch started at 11:00 and ENDED at 11:40. Of course, he was on his @#$% computer at the time and probably didn't hear a word I said.
Anway...
The girls were done eating and had already gone back to their class rooms by the time we arrived. So our girls are probably very sad/hurt/dissapointed that Mommy and Daddy didn't show up. I won't be able to apologize to them when they get home because I have to go to work. (Am the only one working at moment as DH is finished with school; since February! and currently 'looking' but that is another off topic rant)
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY ANGRY! I could just cry I am so mad.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:30 PM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Sorry he's being insensitive....I hope he feels as badly about it as you do.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Me too Laura.....:sending you patience with sometimes clueless husband vibes :

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 299/259/175

Height: 5'7"

I feel your pain! My DH is pemenately attatched to his computer too, although I am nearly as bad. But he doesn't "hear" me when I talk.

Now it's gotten to the point where I treat him like one of the kids. I tell him what time we are leaving. Then I give him a 30 minute warning, 15 minute warning, 5 minute warning. And, when it is time to go, I tell him I'm leaving. If he doesn't come, I go without him. I *hate* going places without him when I've planned it as a family thing, but I'm happier to at least get to go.

I'm sorry you had to miss the picnic, and I hope your girls will understand when you explain it to them. Maybe you can take them to a park for a special picnic with Mom sometime?
Luxorbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:11 AM   #5  
Black Belt In Training

Thanks Girls didn't get upset about like I had thought they were going to be. Guess I'm the only one to be all upset.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:20 AM   #6  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Laura, I'm glad they didn't get upset. I know sometimes I get more upset when I think I disappointed or hurt my children than they do. Kids can be so resilient, thank goodness.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:49 AM   #7  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Why didn't you go without him? Mine used to do that computer thing or mess around with cars or whatever so we were always late until I said no more. Now I say I AM LEAVING IN 5 MINUTES -- if he is there, he goes, if not... I am gone.

Insensitive? nope my kids are only kids for so long and if he really wanted to go or attend he would have been ready. Funny after leaving him a few times showing him that I was going regardless - now he is always on time!
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #8  
Black Belt In Training

I guess I didn't just leave with out him because he's never done anything like this before when it involves an activity with or for the kids. So it really threw me for a loop.