South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #1  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

Default To fruit or not to fruit???

OK, because I am going pretty hard core with SBD (I want to lose the weight before school starts in the Fall again) and have deicded to stay in P1 until I am about 5 lbs within my goal I have a question...I did reintroduce fruit because I do love it so , especially on hot days. I have noticed a change in my weight though. I am not sure if this is because I am not drinking enough water (lately, too much coffee and not enough water so I know I am a bit dehydrated) or if it is the effects of the fruit. Are there better fruits to eat than others? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #2  
<333

S/C/G: 283/251/180

Height: 5' 4

Cool

Stawberries are very good for you and drinking water helps alot! Im 14 years old and Im trying to lose weight before school starts too! You're alrighty pretty thin though, so Im sure you'll look great no matter what!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #3  
it's always something

When you say you've noticed a change in your weight, what do you mean? Do you mean that you are no longer losing at the rate you were? Most people will lose more weight during the first week or two, because you are dropping excess water. Once you do that, then you should be burning excess fat, and that goes a little slower. So if that's what you mean, then you are normal Reintroducing fruit at this point should be a good thing, because it's loaded with fiber and vitamins. Stick to the fruits on the P2 list and you'll be fine. You should probably gradually add in more foods, too, since P1 is not balanced enough to support you long term. Oh, and if you are not drinking enough water, then you might actually retain water, so increasing it again may help there.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #4  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

Thank you Steph . I am trying to get back to my before-nursing-school weight.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:21 PM   #5  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

Thanks for the info Suzanne. I have noticed my wieght has gone up. But, being a nursing student, I do know that quick changes in weight are due to fluid retention/loss. Maybe it was coincidental that I gained around the time I started adding in fruit.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:06 AM   #6  

One of the fruits you should be careful of is bananas. They didn't used to be allowed but now a medium banana has been added to the list. Berries are better for you but I personally love my bananas and eat more than I should. Just make sure you are keeping it to one banana a day. Otherwise, any fruit on the allowed list is fine. There are some that are not allowed (like watermelon).

It is normal for your weight loss to slow down or even go up a bit as you adjust to phase 2. This is normal. Just make sure you are eating your 4.5 cups of veggies a day and drinking your water. Your loss will be slower than most since you have so little to lose.
Closed Thread