Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 02:42 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Default Back In Kindergarten #8!!!

WELCOME to Back In Kindergarten #8 to anyone reading this!

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten ~Jules

Please join us in our chit chat as we discuss our weight loss journey and daily lives!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Last post from Bep on the #7 thread:

I hear y'all loud and clear on the co-worker thing! I am a SAHM now, but I have had to deal with my share of 'dandys' out there! I usually just sucked it up and ignored the idiots, but there were a few things that would really get my goat. 1) LAZY co-workers 2) butt-kissers 3) the ones that take credit for stuff they didn't do UGH! Ah well...people will be people! LOL!!!

Ya know...my absolute favorite book/movie of all times is Pride & Prejudice. I LOVE a quote from it...
"Ah well, what do we live for? But to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn."
LOL!!!! Isn't that just the best??? I always try to remember that for the dumb thing someone does to me, I probably did one to them too and just didn't even know it. LOL! That is one of my favorite quotes of all time
Old 06-06-2006, 02:47 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

ok, back to work!! Where is our Cristi???? Miss you!!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Good Afternoon~

Hello ladies...

Sorry I have been MIA...been busy. Yesterday ran to the mall to get some $9.50 a bottle lotion for $4...gotta love a sale. Anyway, it was just while it lasted so got there early. Then went to exercise, came home and took Jason looking for a car. It was 4:30 when we got home and I was pooped! Then was up bright and early this morning also...went for a walk at the park before it got too hot. Came home and waited for Jason to get ready to go looking some more for a car. What a pain in the booty, UGH! But he has got to find a car and soon...tired of running V around so Jason can drive his truck. Anyway...I'm here but I am pooped again. Tomorrow will be another busy day. Have to go to the library early to return some books and then exercise and I HAVE to get to that border in my bathroom!

WI...I am down a pound and I will definitely take it. Especially since I have been stuck for what? 6 weeks! This is week #8 of exercising, taking my vitamins, eating OP and drinking that god-awful water only to lose 1 stinking pound! Anyway...I'll get it off sooner or later, just wish it were sooner, lol!

SUSAN...sorry to hear about the boy. I hate hearing about kids getting killed. There was a mother and daughter that were bicycling Saturday morning and both were hit by a truck. The daughter died and not sure of the condition of the mother. So sad when they haven't really had a chance to live. Hope Rachel is feeling a little better today. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your daddy! You should release a balloon in the air in honor of his special day. About Arkansas...there is no planned trip, was just saying that I need to go and feel like it should be sometime soon. Just not sure when it will happen. Gald to see I am not the last to WI because the thought of me doing cartwheels naked is just scary! Well, I can't do cartwheels so it would be funny at least, lol!

Did someone say something about Christmas? OMG! Don't even mention it...it is waaaay to early to even think about it. Don't even want to think about it. We know this year we WILL go out to eat though...that, we decided a while back. V said..."Are we supposed to stop living because Josh is gone?" I said "YES!" How do you celebrate a holiday when one of your children are gone? I would feel odd. I know he can't be here but still...anyway...don't want to think about that, that's too far away...geez, it's only June!

BEP...glad you didn't have a gain. I too drink bottled water...can't stomach the taste of tap unless it is really cold and can't drink it really cold because my teeth are sensitive to the cold, unless I drink it through a straw. Drinking water through a straw is weird to me for some reason...guess because I just don't like it.

SHAWNA... on your loss this week!

MICHELLE...hope you are feeling fine.

GINNY...hope you are getting some "me" time.

KATY...how's the sonoma coming along?

SUSAN...guess I missed it somewhere, but how was your WI?

KATHY...what's up with you in your little corner of the world?

JULES...how are you and DD doing? Did you do anything fun this past weekend?

Hi to everyone else

Well ladies, it's almost time for Jeopardy and I can't miss it. Not sure I can stay awake for it though. I actually did get to sleep in this morning...until 6:30, lol. Guess it beats 4:30 but woke up to a bad thunderstorm at 2:30. I swear on of these days that stinking wind/hail/rain is going to break our bedroom window and come crashing through. It hits it really hard. Anyway...have a great rest of the day ladies! See ya tomorrow some time.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #5  
RosieKate

Hi all...I have a few minutes before DS has to go to piano...so here I am!

Michelle - somehow I just knew you and Susan were going to find someone in common at some point...the world is just too small, lol! I think when you are our ages and have lived in thesame area for such a long time, things like this happen alot more than you would think. How's the water going today? I have had 4 of my 8 glassess, gotta get on it...

Bep - You can quit the pop, really. I gave it up 18 years ago and once it is out of your system, you really do lose the craving for it. Now coffee on the the other hand,,,yeesh... I can't seem to ever give that one up...

Cristina - I couldn't deal with the no fruit part of Wave 1, so I've stopped Sonoma for now sort of....I already kind of eat like Wave 2, just need to buckle down and really get serious about cutting out sugar and white food...... I think I'll get the cookbook when it comes out this fall because I am really enjoying the recipes.

Ok - gotta get...will bbl to chat with the rest of you.....

Old 06-06-2006, 11:32 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Good Evening!!

Where is our Ginny?? and Jules and Kathy?? I miss you all and of course Deb!!!

Hi Cristi !! Missed you......I have a 91 aerostar van, it was something my dad had....Jason can have it free 105,000 miles on it - lol

and katy!!!

Just heading home, exhausted again. Chat in the morning .....had 70 ozs of water today so feel better....try and get more in tomorrow....

Night all
Old 06-07-2006, 12:23 AM   #7  
kitty Momo

I know this is a weight board, but I cut and pasted this on my father. I just believe that friendship and truly caring about each other will help us the most in our weight loss.....so if you will indulge me, I would so appreciate it

My sister and I went up to my fathers grave tonight. It was sunny
here in Oregon today so I sat on the curb while my sister had time at
the grave site, since it was her first time visiting.
My Lillies and sunflower was still there and the picture that I
taped. It rained so hard yesterday I was sure it had come off, but it
didn't.
My dad was smiling up at us....it was really a good picture of him.
I sat on the curb and closed my eyes, turned my face to the
evening sunset and listened......to the birds and the
distant traffic.I felt the breeze on my face and thought of that poem that I postd a couple of days ago.

I sang the Happy Birthday song in my head and finished it with
Keep comin' back.......like my father always did.....and I saw
him....in the dark room carrying a birthday cake ablaze with
candles...... with a huge smile on his face,,,,,like I have seen him
so many times through my childhood.
He believed in One day at a time, he believed 45 years or 1 day of
sobriety was just the same. How are we going to live ,,,"just for
today,"...... that is what he taught me the most.

happy birthday dad, I miss you soooo much.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:29 AM   #8  
Ginny

Good morning ladies,
I have been busy, even though this road construction has made my retail sales take a huge nose dive. I already let one gal go, and the other will be done tomorrow. I'm holding on to the last gal till the weekend is over, then she may only work the next couple weekends. This really sucks. It's raining again and gloomy out. Had some storms go thru last evening. It struck near by, everything in my house went out with the crash.. but fortunately it all came back on again.

My little friend the bunny just hopped by my window again. And the squirrels are having fun running around my yard. My lady turkey hasn't been by for awhile, she is probably sitting on her nest. Oh yes, did I tell you we had a nest in a basket at the retail center.. I think I did,,anyway, she had 7 eggs. Five have hatched as of Monday. Yesterday one was already thrown from the nest.. baby birdies can be so mean. But they are so tiny and fuzzy looking with big mouths.. real cute.

I was down a pound on WI Monday. Had to go out of town with dh on business, but when it was done, we went out to a nice lunch at Applebee's and then went and bought a new living room set. The works, sofa, chair, accent chair, two end tables, a coffee table and a floor lamp. He threw in the floor lamp cause it reminded him of his childhood.. go figure.. but it matches the set really nice. So right now my house is in a turmoil, I have furniture everywhere. The new stuff is coming today. I have to find room for the old stuff. I have to much furniture right now. I need to give some to my kids or sell it...but some will stay for my basement sitting room.

I can't do individuals cause I don't know exactly what is going on with anyone right now cept was sorry to hear about the young boy getting killed in scouting. I was a den mother, recruiter, and on the district level of scouts for many years.. How did this happen? What kind of accident was it? Funerals are sad enough but when they are for a child they are the worse. One of my youngest son's friends committed suicide a few years back.. that was the worse funeral.. talk about coming in threes. We had them all together. My son's friend, a friend of mine in her late 30's was killed in a car crash, and my brother died, all on the same day, so we hd 3 funerals in 2 days... it was a very emotional time for the whole family.. but like Susan's dad said.. One day at a time... and we will get through anything.

Ok, well I need to finish getting ready for work. Have a good day all.

Ginny
Old 06-07-2006, 09:59 AM   #9  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default hi yall

good morning everyone,
i am off work today woohoo!! i slept in until 9:30....geesh, i must have been tired. volleyball was fun last night, we lost but it was still fun. i am jumping higher it seems.
my dh and i went to look at some chihuahua puppies yesterday. he has been wanting one for a long time. we picked out the one thats black and white, she looks like she has a thumb print on her head. she is so cute, i am just not looking forward to house training.....
our cat gets along with dogs so she will be fine, and the family that we are getting the dog from has cats also and the puppies play with them.
i am having some oatmeal for breakfast this morning and a cup of hazelnut cream coffee. im trying to decide if i want to go work out this morning or go this afternoon.
the girls left yesterday on their 10 day tour. they are going to be helping with the hurricane relief while they are in louisiana. this is their first trip away from home without family. im sure they will have a good time.
well i need to figure out if i want to take a shower or go workout first......talk to yall later.
hugs,
shawna
Old 06-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #10  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!!!

Susan that was sweet. Your father sounds like he was a good daddy.

Ginny is the nest baby turkeys or is it something else? I LOVE watching baby animals. Sooooooo cute! We have been getting storms here too.

Katy I really hope I can stop drinking soda. I have been so good...2 days in a row I only had 1 diet pepsi!!! That is REMARKABLE for me! I would love to not crave it anymore.

Shawna Enjoy your day off! A puppy, eh? Ha ha...I have sworn off of animals in the house. I told dh that he will have to build a barn if he wants any 'livestock' from now on. We had a dog before and I spent 24/7 cleaning to make sure there wasn't any fur in the house and making sure no one can smell dog. (I have an extremely sensitive nose.) Believe it or not, no one could smell that we had a dog in our house, but I have NO intentions of going through that again! I just hope I remember how much I disliked having an animal in the house when my little boy looks up at me with those big blue eyes of his and begs for a puppy *gulp*.

Speaking of DS, today he out of the blue just gave his little sister a kiss on the cheek and told her he loved her. *sigh* soooooo sweet! I just love these little kiddos of mine!!!

I did SOOOOOO well yesterday! I did awesome on my cals, I got in 30 min on the treadmill, I only drank 1 can of diet pepsi, and I drank over a gallon of water!!! I wonder if I can lose 5 lbs this week??? I would love to make up for not losing any last week. Ah well...wishful thinking.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:55 AM   #11  
time to focus!!!

Default avatar

just added this pic with my girls arent they cute
Old 06-07-2006, 11:08 AM   #12  
kitty Momo

Happy Hump Day!!

wow, Shawna - you have 4 daughters?? They are all beautiful

Bep - Thank you. I think I will start a journal, it might help me. lol

Ginny - why there you are!! Congrats on the pound!!! The boy ( I believe) slipped on a log a sustained a head injury. His father was called by the other boys that his son was bleeding " a lot"...

Need to make the 10 miles round trip and to work I go.......grrrrrr already thinking about the co worker - though I think mentally I am getting better (Hey!!! don't snicker!!!! lol).....chat later......oh - had 2 pancakes for breakfast - blueberry....yum.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:42 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Morning again,

I need to get to work!! Very sweet Bep about your son, how old is he?? Sounds like you are doing great on the soda intake and exercise! Cross fingers for the 5 pounds, you never know!

Ginny - you lil bunny always sounds so cute.

k- better get.....having TOM and leaked.....UGH!!!! I swear,,,,,,nothing ever goes easy for me!!!!!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello chickies!

BEP...we've had a dog for 10 years now, soon to be 11 and no one can ever tell that we do except with the barking or the water bowl. He has hair and does shed but not much and...I don't clean 24/7. He's not allowed on the furniture but does get on the chair sometimes when we are gone. And with all the air freshners etc. now days you would never know one has a dog. Febreeze works wonders! Unless of course one never cleans their house and the dog has accidents. Ours is totally trained and I can't remember the last time he had an accident...I think when he was a puppy and we were house training him. So it's not so bad...but then we are dog lovers for sure. WOW, a gallon of water? That is excellent! I put four bottles on the counter every morning and that is what I DRINK everyday...anything over that is a bonus. I figure that is way better than none at all and I hate water. So...amazingly enough some days I get in 6 so not bad at all. I think 5 pounds is doable...but 1-2 is good also.

SHAWNA...what a great picture! I too slept in today until 9. But then I was up at 4:30 until 6 before falling sleep again sometime after 6. Back to getting up at 4:30 again. Sounds like the girls are going to have a nice time.

GINNY...I saw a bunny at the park yesterday during my walk there. It was so tiny and so cute! Honestly I don't know where they come from because it is surrounded by houses and busy streets. So afraid they are going to get run over, and they usually do. That is one thing I miss about living in the country...all the little animals around. Well, that and it is a lot quieter. Sorry you're not getting as much business. How long will the construction go on for? Can't remember what they are doing, was it building a highway?

SUSAN...I don't know why I never thought of that...I did a lot of journalling (is that even a word??) when DH#1 passed away and it helped a lot. I also got a lot of books on grieving which helped. Made me realize that I wasn't crazy or losing it that is was what everyone went through when losing a husband. What a relief that was too. I was bugging Jason about a mini-van and he gave me this look, lol! There was even a Saturn station wagon...told him it would be good for him...he could through all his stuff back there and have plenty of room, lol! he doesn't want anything sporty but just something dependable and four door, and not red or white. Didn't have any luck yesterday. Well, we did find a nice car but because it was an older one the bank wouldn't finance the full price so we keep looking. How are the girls doing? Sorry about work Maybe you can get your own place sooner than expected.

KATY...I think that's why I can't ever follow one specific diet/program, except for WW. I would have to take some from about 3 different diets to come up with something for me. I'm afraid I will always be hooked on diet coke and sugar and white food. How did you give up sodas 18 years ago? I swtiched to diet coke about 9 years ago, (not that it is any better than regular) but not sure that I could give it up completely. I think I would have to replace it with something and not sure what. Maybe one day...how are the kids doing? Are they looking forward to getting out of school?

HI KATHY, JULES and MICHELLE Hope you ladies are well.

Not much on the agenda for today. Did get my exercise done, went to the library and will clean some and do laundry. Too hot outside to do anything but then I don't have anything to do outdoors anyway. Until i go pick V up from work...man it gets HOT sitting in that car waiting on him. Washed my car last night about 8'ish and it was still hot then. V came home a little after 9 and we sat out for a few minutes. I love that it stays light longer but this heat and humidity are awful. Other than that not much going on. Think I will try and do my border, or at least a small section. You know...it won't take that long and I am not sure why I keep putting it off. I only have two sections to do and then V has to measure and mark it on the other walls. The two that I start with, actually three...it goes just above the tile so that is easy. It's doing under the stinking window frame that is a pain. Anyway...wanna go look up a few things before getting off this thing. Chat with ya's later!

Take care ladies and have a WONDERFUL day!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:55 PM   #15  
time to focus!!!

Default rofl

susan, the middle one is me...... i guess i should have said me and my daughters .....anyway, my dad used to tell me that nothing is easy in life, thats what makes us stronger people. i used to think he was full of crap but its so true.....have a good rest of the day.
i decided to go ahead and get my workout in this morning, talked to dh and were going to go grill out at the park, got to entertain these kids somehow. well im off to get some housework done...woopty doo
hugs,
shawna
Closed Thread