Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default June rejuvenation challenge!

New challenge thread for the month. Time to pack away the winter clothing and mindset and get into lighter clothing, eating and attitude! Let's rejuvenate ourselves this month!

My goals for this month:

Exercise each morning - rotating yoga,pilates and bellydance dvds

Eat more salads and veggies and making more vegetarian dishes

Give my eating plan a shakeup by trying out some new recipes

Lose 5lbs this month :
Old 06-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/176/125

Height: 5' 4"

My plan for the month is

exercise 5 days a week

all raw but one meal a day and that is vegan

to live more simply in all things
Old 06-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #3  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Staying on Track

For June I want to get back to my strength training and walking. My hiker buddy going on summer break next week and we hope to do a morning walk - 1hr - couple times a week. Lots of water, continue making good choices.

Lose 4 lbs to make 190 by July 1. On track to reach goal of 175 by Oct 1.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #4  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

My June goal is to up my strength training. I've been averaging about once a week and want to get that up to 3.

This is a tricky month for me with my job moving on the 12th. I'm losing the bike commute that I love, but gaining 2 days of working from home and a gym membership. (and a cool new 3 day commute) My goal is to continue to average at least 90 minutes a day of exercise when the dust settles.

It's slightly nerve wracking because my current set up works really well for me and change is hard, but hopefully the new system will be even better.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 179/

Height: 5feet 2 inches

June plan
Ok I am really down in the dumps and need to have a plan so here goes.

Exercise each day even if its only 10 mins its better than nothing.

Eat more salads

Try out some veggie meals for myself

Drink more water

Keep the healthy me in view and go for it.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:14 PM   #6  

Well so far so good!

It's been really hot here so I'm definitely getting my water in. I've been doing more walking and making small changes like getting off 2 stops later from my usual stop and walking the extra blocks home. I also walk during my lunch break.

I'm trying to get DH to eat more vegetarian meals so I am aiming for 2 dinners a week to start with. It's a lot easier in the summer as we tend to eat lighter meals anyway. And we have tried out one new vegetarian recipe so far that was great!
Old 06-13-2006, 10:03 AM   #7  

Well here we are into week 3, how is everyone doing?

I've manage eat two veggie dinners last week which is what I was aiming for Now I have to plan that again this week.

I managed to go 4 days in a row without coffee too! Now I'm just drinking decaf and herbal teas. this is helping cut back on sugar too.

I've managed to get some more exercise in too but I haven't lost anything yet but I am sure that is due to my exercising and will even out soon.

I'm so annoyed - I just have 10 lbs to lose (which I gained over the winter) to get back to my usual weight and it just won't go away! Grr!
Old 06-26-2006, 09:29 AM   #8  

Gaaaa!!! Had a lovely weekend but overate at dim sum and the BBQ! I'm up 2 lbs since last week but if I go back to normal eating I'm sure I will lose them by the end of the week.

Other than that things are going well- I've been feeling a lot better than I have for the last month or two. I've been increasing my veggies and cutting back on coffee and tea - it's been pretty easy since it's been so humid here that all I'm drinking is water and Crystal light these days.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #9  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

While my exercise regimine is still on hold, I have been getting lots of water thanks to a heat wave and managed to survive a weekend with my parents who brought with them a huge feast of chinese food that we love...mmmm... but it was so hot and I had taken a bunch of antihistimine for my hay fever that I barely ate all weekend.

According to the scale I am right at my goal now so I must at least be keeping the calories down.

My walking buddy is working on a little hiking group and we are gonna do it Thurs nights - post the time and local and just do it.

That will help the butt toning that is a constant battle thanks to lumpy genes.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:15 AM   #10  

Well I'm pretty happy with my progress this month - I lost 4 lbs!
Old 07-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #11  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Thumbs down

Well I dont know what happened - possibly the heat causing water retention - I do tend to swell - or maybe not enough fiber or too much trail mix . Anyway - I was at my goal of 190 a couple weeks ago but yesterday was back at 195

There is also my allergies - hay cutting going on and that leads to fatigue and decreased calorie burning.

So my goal for July is figure out what happened there - rekick the metabolism, get back into hiking - going to have to go alone if I cant get my friends in gear and keep up the water intake.
Closed Thread