Old 06-04-2006, 01:46 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Need fast reply - More Salad and veggies allowed?

Is it acceptable (induction) to eat more salad and/or veggies (thinking broccoli specifically) than the 2C salad/1C veggies?

We've been hungry still and our carb counts are pretty low. (carb count was 16/9/11 for the past 3 days) Having a hard time getting more carbs in!

DH wants to do a salad bar for lunch, order a burger and have broccoli with it. (so I'm looking for a fast reply!)

(will follow all other rules of induction - selecting carefully from the salad bar etc)

Thanks!
Robin
TravelinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:00 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I used extra salad and extra green veggies even during induction to keep my carbs around 20 a day. I didn't eat as much fat as recommended, ever. I know this isn't what the book recommends but it worked OK for me. You can try and see what happens, I guess everyone could be different. I lost 12 lbs. during induction and 2 lbs. a week most weeks thereafter.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

I never counted my salad. Too much futzing for me. I say it's healthy so go for it
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:07 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Since Atkins says: "Eat no more than 20 grams a day of carbohydrate most of which must come in the form of salad greens or other vegetables" I'd say go for it!!! I think its safe to say, none of us got fat eating salads & veggies!

All the best to you!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #5  
Susan hockeyfan7

As Kim says, veggies will not make you fat. There's almost no calories and pretty low carbs.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:05 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Kim, that's my thinking exactly. I didn't get fat from eating salads and veggies so I used these to keep me full and didn't feel at all guilty about it. I also had more fruit than most people probably allow, but fruit isn't what made me fat.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

I'd say have them too! I'm having spinach And califlower with butter tonight with my swordfish steak for dinner.
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote