South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 06:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Marvellous Monday Chat - June 5

It's a glorious June morning! The Girls and I had breakfast on the deck and could smell my Grandmother's Mock Orange tree that came into bloom yesterday. It made my Fiber One breakfast much tastier!

At 8:30 this morning, I take the doggage to the vet for their annual vaccinations and weigh-in. Hersh has really porked up during Lucy's absence. It was not the food so much as just lying around instead of tearing around the dog garden. Lucy is feeling her spritely self again and they are playing a lot. I will up the veggie proportions in the next batch of dog food I mix.

I dug a lot of the garden yesterday but remembered to take my pain meds before bedtime so the knee isn't horrible this morning. I plan to do some planting later today - tomatoes, cukes, peppers and basil. Lorraine also gave me a dozen red ivy geraniums that need to go into hanging baskets or planters. The Fairground still needs to be planted too. Somebody came in the other day and sked how much my plants were. I have so many flats sitting in the lane, she thought it was a business.

Enough babbling! What's on your agenda for today?
Old 06-05-2006, 07:51 AM   #2  

Goooood Morning Chicks!
Yes indeed Ruth -- a beautiful June Morn here too. It rained heavily last night so I'll be doing my in door chores til all dried up... Then I think I'll head to the pool with the last of the Dark Tower books. And head out to the store for some fresh veggies.. Tonight is a chicken stirfry for dinner...

time to refill my cup a joe, and get the morning dishes done.!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:41 AM   #3  
RNMOM

Default Good Morning!

Well, I'm up with the birds too. They are noisy little creatures. It's beautiful to hear...winter will be here all too soon.

Well, Ruth, I would like some geraniums, and I'll take a flat of pansys and oh where would I find pepper plants?.........................If you're open for business

Schatzi, have you recovered from your kyaking? How are the pecs and biceps? Move over AHnold.

I'm headed to Utah today to see the grandbabies.......needing some hugs. Long day in the car but that's OK. My dh is still in California and it's kinda fun to do whatever I want all day and reading in bed until the wee hours and not worry about keeping him up.

I finished phase one yesterday! 10 loss , but I'm thinking I'll stay with it for a few more days until I'm out of the "50's" and well into the next "decade". My 30 year class reunion is on the 15th of July and I would really love to be at goal. Phase one has been soooo much easier this time with using the recipes on the forum so it's not been a drag at all. I am ready for some cantalope though. Anyway, I'll see how this week goes.

Well, I'm off to get ready for a run before I go.

Hugs to all!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:42 AM   #4  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

rise and shine!!!

enjoy your planting Ruth. I need to transport my plants to the ground and I wish I enjoyed it. To me it's just labor, lol

Schatzi I'm jealous! You get pool, book and veggies, I guet 2 yr old monster , gym and laundry

Today starts phase1 again, what a lovely little rollercoaster, yesterday I ate all the sugar in the free world so I apologize to anyone else that wanted any. It's gone now, I ate it all. Let's just say my day began with whooppee pies and progressed from there...

RNmom-you snuck in there-congrats on the decade break-I love doing that!!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:52 AM   #5  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks!

I've been AWOL for a few days. We had DD's 4th birthday party on Saturday and I was so busy getting everything ready. The weather was horrible (rainy & cold) but everyone had a great time. I got a little too free with the vodka (yummy punch) and carbs so I was a hurtin' yesterday. Today my goal is to get re-hydrated with tons of water and try to eat OP. I'd like to go back to P1 for a week, but I'm not sure if I have the motivation.

Ruth - with all your talk of flowers you really make me want to start a garden....maybe one of these days.
Batmom - good luck on P1
RNmom - congrats on the loss! That is great
Schatzi & all the other sleepy chicks - have a great day!
Old 06-05-2006, 09:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I was up with the birds, but after Curves my phone started ringing off the hook, first my DIL, then Cindy to discuss the girls' schedule for the week. Audrey's last day of school is tomorrow, and Maggie's is on Friday, so we need to make some changes to our regular schedule. I'll have the girls here most days which will be nice, I can get some things done around here. Today Audrey has a pool party right after school, rain or shine, so that's how we'll be spending our afternoon. I'm still fighting the battle with that pesky bird, so far I'm winning but she's ready to give up yet!
I'm going to spend this morning working on my new patio cushions, yesterday got too crazy, and all I had time for was to admire the fabric, but I did enjoy having all the kids here.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:06 AM   #7  

Good morning Everyone! It is a beautiful day here in the South. I'm sure it getting geared up for a scorcher once again. I am so happy! I measured and have lost a total of 11.5 inches so I know I am doing well on South Beach. With a total of 3 inches since June. Can't wait to see the results at the end of the month! Hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful day!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:27 AM   #8  

Happy Monday chicks!!

Ruth Thanks for starting us up! I would love to see pictures of your garden.

RN Woohoo on a successful Phase 1. You must be feeling great.

Bat Sugar hangover today? I have a slight one myself.

Kelly Hope DDs birthday was fun! I was free with the Merlot yesterday during our little celebration.

Schatzi, Cottage, and Erial Good Morning to you!!

I am also doing Phase 1 today through Friday. I didn't go ballistic over the weekend, but was far from perfect. We went ahead and celebrated DD's first birthday yesterday since DH was home and all grandparents were available. I did fine at dinner, but had a nice sized bowl of ice cream and then proceeded to snack my way through the evening. Ugh! I really do hate the way it makes my body feel the next day. So, I am Phase 1ing it until I get myself back under control!!

DD was an absolute doll and had great fun tearing into her birthday cupcakes. I changed my avatar to a cute pic of the two of us, and have tons more of her digging in. Great fun!

Not much planned for the day- we are meeting my mom at IKEA and then home to chill. I am such a homeboday and am perfectly content to be at home doing stuff. I know it is hard on my older daughter, so we try to mix up the routine a bit for her.

Gotta get in the shower.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:30 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

Good morning gals! It's a beautiful day here in MI.....I don't want to go to work today, but I've had the last week off, so I guess I'll suck it up. While I was in Key West, I thought for sure that I gained, but I didn't. (Too much booze & seafood!)
Key West was lovely, but now it's back to my crazy days...little sister with wedding plans, trying to cheer my grandma up, and putting up with my idiot co-workers.
I'm back on phase 1.....only for a few days....make sure there are no cravings. chat w/ you later!!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just back from the vet and $428 bucks poorer! Just think of how many rosebushes I could have bought for that. Anyhow the Girls are checked, boosted and ready to roll this summer. They've got their tick, flea and whatever emds and Lucy has a yeast infection in her ear which I need to treat. They go back in two weeks for rabies shots! It's worse than kids!

A friend just called and asked me to her cottage for the day. I made the adult decision and declined as i need to get out there and help along Mother Nature. If it's really too hot to garden later, I'll go visit poor Harry who is probably pining for me - NOT!

Have a super day. By the way, I just posted a tomato and feta salad in the Phase I salads. I guess it's really a main dish. I am planning to make it for lunch and will rate it after that.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #11  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Default morning and a question

Good morning chickies!

Well, it's typical Monday again...the alarm clock and I played tag for about 45 minutes this morning, then I FINALLY got up. Since DH is gone on business, the dogs slept with me last night and they didn't want to get up either. So, I gave them some love and then we got rolling.

I have been pretty good all weekend, but I am wondering what the normal weight loss per week is on P2? I really need to buy a scale, but I have been going so far on what my body looks like. I noticed a big change after P1 (about 10 lbs), but I have been on P2 for about 4 weeks and doesn't look like I have lost any more. I have even incorporated exercise into my routine, starting about a week and a half ago, but still nothing. I eat pretty well and usually only have 1 serving of ww bread (or crackers) per day and Sometimes I don't eat any fruit for days. I may occasionally have some bbq sauce as well, but not alot. Any suggestions...I'm getting discouraged.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #12  

Ruth - My poor garden is looking neglected. I really need to get some more mulch down. This water rationing is taking a toll since I haven't had time to hand water as much as I should.

schatzi - Send some of that rain this way, please. Have fun relaxing!

RNMOM - That's a wonderful loss! Maybe I should go back and do phase 1 for a few days?

Kiko - You and your daughter look so great! One of these days we really will manage to meet! I'm just so swamped now with work.

wannabe - The usual loss in phase 2 is 1-2 pounds a week but often it has been slower for me. Run your food through fit day or post it here and we might have some suggestions.

Hi, batmomm, Kelly and everyone else!

me - I'm tired. Yesterday turned into a more than 13 hour day. And today looks to be pretty busy too. I'm in the office today but I have to stop on the way home and grocery shop if we want to eat this week. DH will be taking Brian to gymnastics and swim lessons tonight. There isn't time to come home in between so they are stopping at McDonald's. Brian didn't want the food there though so DH is bringing a cheese sandwich for him and then he will just get milk (and maybe apple dippers) from the restaurant. If I can break free early enough I'd like to try to join them for the swim lessons. I have to work again around 10 but I should have some time.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:15 PM   #13  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Heya ladies, haven't been around lately (been so busy!) but am still OP, cheated once, decided to have one cheat a month or else I might crack. haha. I bought a tub of pre cooked chili's ground taco beef, which is good cuz I"ve been craving something spicy but I hate to touch raw ground beef. BLECH. Think it's from my short order prep cook days. haha, yuk.

Well I haven't lost any weight for about two weeks but I"ve now lost a total of 6 inches off my waist... yay! So it's not all bad.
Closed Thread