Old 06-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #1  
Rachelle

S/C/G: 239/217/160 5ft7, 29

Default Just need to VENT - This makes me wanna HOLLER!! :mad:

So, I go in to the center yesterday to get weighed. I'm just at the end of my TOM so, I didn't go in all week. ANYHOO I get weighed and I'm down-which makes me 22lbs and 5 inches in just about 5 weeks which is EXCELLENT I THINK. And the woman gets pissy with me because I am using Lunas instead of Lites now. First she didn't even notice it in my journal and I made the mistake of being honest so, she berates me for using an off plan product and warns me of how this will impact my success and that I'm losing too fast without the Lites...???? NO-I'm eating healthy and exercising and my body is thanking me by ridding me of the fat around my bum THANKS. She wanted to put me on another plan to incorporate more food (on purple) but, I am fine with my intake and am never hungry. Obviously the Lunas work and have more protein which is now a problem she says I'm having TOO MUCH protein which is BS 'cause I had a DR. apt and showed her my diary and my plan and she says it's wonderful for me.
I was just miffed because she seemed very unknowledgeable about the body in general. She wanted me to buy Lites-I hate Lites and they are so expensive. Anyway-I didn't let her change me, I wouldn't even talk about it so I don't know what plan she suggested. Purple seems well balanced and great for me. It's working and I am not changing ANYTHING. My clothes finally are starting to fit and I feel great. I just needed to vent. Thanks for taking the time to validate my frustration

Have a good day all!

~Rachelle
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Unfortunately the counselors DO NOT know anything about real nutrition, they are salespeople and get very little training on real things, other than their products and how to redirect people to them. I THINK YOU ARE DOING AMAZING- WAY TO GO!!!!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

YOU GO RACHY!!! Way to stick to your guns. You are doing awesome!!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #4  

The only reason I like the COD is because of the accountablility (To myself in knowing I need to go since I spent all this money)
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #5  

Default Wow.

Does everyone think that about their councelors? The girls at my center are awesome. They never force me to buy anything and most of them have a nutritional backround. There are even 2 dieticians on-staff. As for the the Lites no one seems to push those on me. I'm not even using them and they said nothing about my progress being bad. I've lost 15LBS in one month and they are all very encouraging about it.

I'm sorry to hear that your experience wasn't so good.

Tee
LAWLCANADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:43 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

My overall experience was fine, I just dont kid myself as to who they are and what they are there for. Ultimately, I am the one responsible for my weight loss and maintennance success as they ended up to be very limited in real knowledge. I have utilized their nutritionists and still encountered problems they seem ill equipped to handle. MOST centers have salespeople hired tobe counselors, its no secret. Thats what their job postings are classified as. And at my center, I must add...my counselor is about one hundred pounds heavier than me and in the last 9 months hasnt changed a bit (shes obviously not on weight loss), that, to me, is ridiculous...for her to ever weigh me and say "aw, what happened here???"..uh, hello...Im a size 4, what are you??? Course I never said that to her.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:01 PM   #7  

Yeah. I can see what you mean. If my councelor was that much heavier than me, I'd have a hard time taking advice from her too. But so far, so good.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:02 PM   #8  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

The counselors that were there when I started going are great and have all been through the program so they have program experience. The newer counselors are all sales oriented and have never gone through the program. The new one I saw after doing TO with cantalope just about died when she read that and told me that wasn't on the program and I couldn't do it, I had to buy the juice from them. HMMM, funny that Jen the manager approved of doing TO with the cantalope, maybe you should do some training time with her.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:06 PM   #9  

LOL! I tried TakeOff with cantelop once and had better results and less hunger! Go figure!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:11 AM   #10  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

When I did LAWL 6 years ago I remember that the girls who worked there were very nice but so pushy. I was 18, a college student and my telling them "no" was the hardest thing. I did like, though, that they had this big wall dedicated to all the people who worked there who were also doing LAWL with us. They posted their results and recipes they liked and things they tried. That was neat and made talking about things easier.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #11  
Rachelle

S/C/G: 239/217/160 5ft7, 29

Default What's TO with Cantelope about?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's weird to take advice from other overweight counsellors at the centre! LOL
I do think that they try their best but, some just need more training. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing because it's obviously working... I got advice from ladies on here about the Lunas and they seem to work for us as well as Lites so, why waste the money? They are like, "Well, you won't be getting 1/2 back!" but, I'll spend less in the long run so what is the difference?
Anyhoo-what's the Take Off with Cantelope about? Someone explain please!!!

stacyj,

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyj
The only reason I like the COD is because of the accountablility (To myself in knowing I need to go since I spent all this money)
ME TOO!!! That's why I joined and that's why I keep going... I like being held accountable for my weight because obviously when left to my own devices, I can't keep the needle in the right direction...

Have a good day Lovlies!

~Rachelle
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Rachelle - TO with cantaloupe is limited:

4 cups cantaloupe
6 oz protein
2 green veggies
& 2 LA Lites

Haven't tried this one yet. But someone had previously posted their 2 day breakdown as follows:

B - 1 C. cantaloupe
S - LA Lite
L - 3 oz protein
1 green veggie
1 C cantaloupe
S - LA Lite
D - 3 oz protein
1 green veggie
1 c. cantaloupe
S - 1 c. cantaloupe

Instead of using cantaloupe, you can use oranges. Just use 1 orange 4x/day
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #13  

Angry

Congrats to you all that has success. I am with LA for 5 weeks now and I did not lose the weights I am supposed to lose. I am losing hope. Please advice on what should I do.
hjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #14  
PurpleSunshine

Rachelle - I think this just totally proves that we know our body alot better than anyone else - You know what you've been doing is working - so the only LOGICAL thing to do is - ?? Hello - Keep doing it - You go girl!! That is totally awesome!!! Congrats that you stood up for yourself!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

HJmom

Don't give up. There's lots of good advice on this board. Check them all out. I get real discouraged too. I was doing well and my doctor put me on a medicine that helped me gain back all my weight!! Some was my fault, but mostly it was the steroid. So...I'm restarting and re focusing. Telling myself I can do this. Do you have a motivator?. Make a mini goal. Sometimes that helps.
smokepole is offline   Reply With Quote