Old 05-31-2006, 01:27 AM   #1  

Default Disneyland and weight

Hello my friends at 3FC...

We are planning our first trip to Disneyland and I need advice from those of you who have been there....will I fit in the rides? Are there many rides with restrictions? Anything else you think a person of size may need to know before going?

I am 275 lbs and 5' 8". I have the trip all planned and just started getting anxious about whether or not I can enjoy this vacation. Any/all advice/insight would be greatly ( did I say greatllllyyyyy) appreciated!

Jenaya
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:39 AM   #2  
jadedjane

hi there I was annual passholder for Disneyland so I go just about every weekend (It's past time to renew). I was 5'4 and 310 pounds and there wasn't a single ride there that I couldn't comfortably fit on. Disneyland is really plus size friendly.

Go... and definately enjoy yourself You'll walk so much you'll have dropped 5 pounds by the time you get home (and you'll have enjoyed every moment of it)

Keep in mind that pretty much all of the food there falls into the "not a wise choice" category so you might want to consider stopping in at the nearby grocery store to get some "carry in" snacks... and there is an IHOP, Denny's, and a few other restaurants just outside the park. If you don't mind the walk, you'll save yourself a ton of money and you'll have alot more options.

If you want to ride space mountain, make sure you get that speedpass earlier in the day. There's usually a 4-6 hour return time...so you can be out riding other rides instead of waiting in line for 2 hours.

One thing almost nobody knows.... If you buy something inside the park and don't feel like carrying it around all day, you can ask the cashier at the gift shop to ship it to the news stand at the front of the park. You can pick up your purchases on your way out at the end of the day.
jadedjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:44 AM   #3  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

I couldn't have said it better myself! Now Magic Mountain is another story!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:01 AM   #4  
Downsizing Dee!

From what I remember of Disney I don't think you'll have any trouble. I hope you have a fantastic time with you family!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:53 AM   #5  

I love Disneyland! I went when I was about the size I am now, and had no problem fitting onto any rides, and I was sitting next to my sister who is also a plus-sized gal. You shouldn't have any problem.

I second the recommendation for the FastPass, especially for Space Mountain (AWESOME ride). I would go there first thing in the morning to get your dibs on the pass. It's useful for other rides, too, but that's the one with the longest wait.

Oh, and I also second the recommendation to bring in snacks -- cheaper and healthier that way!

Have a blast!
Junia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:57 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I had 50 pounds on you at the time I was there last summer & I fit in the rides. Share a double chocolate muffin from the bakery on Main Street with someone, they're YUMMY.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:28 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I just went to Disneyland at almost exactly your size and height- it was not an issue, in any way, on any ride. In fact, I don't even remember being aware of it - and I was there with, and always sitting next to, someone who was almost exactly my size as well. It never was an issue.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:29 PM   #8  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

I'm with everyone else and will say that I was also overweight and Disney World and I had no problem getting on ANY of the rides. I didn't even have a problem at Six Flags over Georgia.
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:25 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Yup Disneyland is one place where you don't have to worry. I went there over Christmas. Kids rides, adult rides, its all good
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:13 PM   #10  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

If remember correctly Disney was no problem. I went on a trip however to Carowinds in Charlotte, NC with the school I was teaching at and the poor teacher I was with could not fit in a ride. I felt so bad for her (I think I was about 20 pounds less than I am now.) She had to get off the ride and give the kids some explanation as to why she decided to get off. It was hard for her. I thanked my lucky stars I just made it. It was one of the those hang upside down roller coasters and the top part would not come down over her stomach.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:54 PM   #11  
Mindy

S/C/G: 295/279/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedjane
Disneyland is really plus size friendly.
I totally agree, we have annual passes and go a lot. The only ride that I really don't like, but still fit in, is Splash Mountian. So, go and have a great time with your family.
Downtown Disney has some great resturants that you should be able to find something that will agree with your diet. But the park has been trying to do better at healthier menus, just remember cost of food is outragous and "carry along snacks" will be a good addition.
But don't worry about the rides and have a great time - Mindy
mindydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:22 PM   #12  

Thanks for the advise everyone! I am really excited to take the kids. I am sure I will sweat to death but it should be good fun. Newfie Darling! My goodness, I haven't been on the forum in awhile and let me tell you how beautiful you were before and how gorgeous you look now....Way To GO!!!!
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

OK, so here I am with a 5 year old and I am a disney novice.

Disneyland is in CA; DisneyWorld is in FL..is that right? Is one better than the other? I was planning a DisneyWorl trip for 2007.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:14 AM   #14  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Disneyland is the original and yeah its here in Ca. I prefered land to world but maybe I'm biased as I live down the street!lol World is VERY spread out but it has rides you won't get at land. The alien adventure was fabulous but it scared the dickins out of the kids! If you go in the summer consider the humidity in FL. Ca doesn't have that. Also you can hit up Knotts berry farm (very close)and six flags magic mountain if you want! (not as close)
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

I have no experience with Disneyland and I was 12 when we went to Disneyworld. I just wanted to say have fun on your trip!!!
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote