Old 06-02-2006, 01:24 AM   #1  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Angry Down for the count....

Here I am sick one more time this year with tonsilitis. The doctor told me to stay home and in bed for at least today(friday) and the entire weekend. Fun Fun......anyway I guess the progress I had made over the past two weeks is going to the wayside now....

I am bummed but I hope this is the last of illness until at least early next year. I thought eating right, taking vitamins and working out was supposed to prevent this type of stuff? Maybe I need to take better precautions in my classrooms with all the keyboards and computers each morning.....

Suggestions???

FYI....I refuse to move my ticker back up....I am hoping some of this is the anti inflammatories and the anit biotics.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:34 AM   #2  

Oh Dolly, I'm so sorry your ill again. If your over excited or stressed perhaps your immune system is telling you something. You have worked really hard lately, and I am sure this won't bring you undone, and for heaven's sake, don't weigh!!!

I'm going back to Oz in two weeks time for three weeks, and I feel excited, stressed and all sorts of stuff. I'm just waiting to come down with the dreaded lurgy........
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:45 AM   #3  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

I'm sorry that you've been forced onto the injured list. I wouldn't worry too much about your progress going away. That's the good thing about maintaining healthy habbits over the long haul: when things have to be put aside for a while it won't have any real impact on your larger success.

The most important thing right now is to just make sure that you take care of yourself as much as possible. Especially with your planned trip comming up! If it's any consolation, I've always had a lot of luck in that, if I get sick right before a trip, it seems to ensure that I'll be fine during it. I hope this holds for you as well.
andoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 313/196.4/148

Height: 5/3.5

Sounds familiar here...I hate being ill as well....and everything seems so much harder when you don't feel well......I knew earlier this week that I was developing a urinary tract infection to go with my cough...but when I woke up with eyes sealed shut I figured I'd best to to the doctor for an antibiotic...seems, in addition to the conjunctivitis and UTI I also have pneumomia.....I"ve been grumpy to everyone, finding it VERY hard to stick to my new eating plan and I've missed a couple of my protein supplements each day because they taste putrid with the distorted sense I taste I get from the antibiotic.....just want it to go away...

So I"ll be empathisisng for you.....and hope that you can rid your body of the nasties and feel better quickly
baby steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:55 PM   #5  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

Hope you feel better quickly!
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #6  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

you know, Darlene, I live on the east coast of the US and used to travel to the west coast to visit my family several times a year. So many visits I'd spend in bed with terrible colds. I wonder if part of it isn't just being around a whole new "set" of viruses that you get exposed to there, that you might not have the same level of immunity against.

the only things I can think of suggesting are making sure you get as much rest as possible, keeping the stress level down, maybe a vitamin c tablet a couple of times a week. The exercise will strengthen your immune system.

Hope you feel better soon.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #7  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Chicks for the encouragement. I am on the way back. Although Saturday was a bad day I think my body is finally doing its best to fight this thing. I only gained two pounds and I can tell you it was because I was finally hungry yesterday and ate and entire frozen pizza along with a bowl of broccoli (to get my veggies). Anyway.....I only have about 8 days left of work and I am looking forward to being off for a couple of months. I will relax, exercise and take two online grad classes.

As far as new viruses and bugs....I agree. There is something all the americans catch within the first couple of years here. Plus teaching school it makes it harder to stay away from germs.

I do take some major vitamins. I love this major States chain (not sure if I can mention the name but they have stores everywhere) Ultra Mega Womens Vitamin, I also take 1000 extra C, folic acid and soy/calcium supplement. I bet I would of been worse off if I hadn't been taking those. Later this week I am going to ease into the workout routine again and hold of on any training until I get my first routine down before the summer.

Ok enough babble...I feel better and that was really the point of all this.....LOL
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:10 PM   #8  

Hi Darlene.....

I'm sorry I didn't catch your post earlier...but I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better!!!!!! I agree...being sick and trying to stay focused is sooo hard!! I don't get "sick sick" that often....but I do have that darn endometriosis...ugggghhh....everytime I have TOM...I am in a ton of pain and I find it soooo hard to exercise and stay on track. When I'm feeling bad...I crave comfort food to make me feel better......it's rough so I know where you are coming from.

Again..I"m so glad to hear that things are going better for you...keep us updated and it sounds like the countdown to "your time" is on...I'm jealous!!
Take care....

Hugs,
Liv
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote