Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-03-2006, 10:44 AM   #1  

Default Actually not a bad dessert: dark chocolate.

If you've ever actually tried sticking a peice of really dark chocolate with a piece of milk chocolate in your mouth, the dark will melt waaaaay slower. I can actually make a single square of Lindt dark chocolate (fifty-five calories, and a pretty big square as far as chocolate squares go) last a loooong time. I just break it off into little peices and let each peice melt on my toung. I just close my eyes and savor the flavor. I'm not even tempted to "chew" (you can't taste with your teeth anyways!). 85% cocoa is nasty tasting and bitter though. But I love their 70%. I'm going to start trying dark from Godiva I think. Since I'm going to be eating it in such small portions, I can afford it. And I want the best chocolate I can get since this is my whole daily dessert. The main benefit I think is that I can make fifty-five calories of indulgent dark chocolate last as long as it would take me to devour five peices of apple pie or a huge bowl of ice cream. Plus, I feel... elegent when I eat fancy dark chocolate.
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Not to mention the antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/73/81921.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

"Dark chocolate -- not white chocolate -- lowers high blood pressure, say Dirk Taubert, MD, PhD, and colleagues at the University of Cologne, Germany"
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
Not to mention the antioxidant benefits of dark chocolate

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/73/81921.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

"Dark chocolate -- not white chocolate -- lowers high blood pressure, say Dirk Taubert, MD, PhD, and colleagues at the University of Cologne, Germany"
Yeah, I love that! Wine and chocolate, some of our guiltiest pleasures, can actually be good for us in the long run if we use moderation.
I'll admit I love white chocolate, so so much, but it feels so much... lighter. Its gone only seconds after it hits my toung, leaving me with just a bit of an aftertaste. And the flavor is just not bold enough to have just a tiny bit at a time for the full expirience. And like you said, no antioxidance. Because if you read the lable white chocolate actually doesn't have ANY chocolate in the ingredients! Only the milk and dark did. Well actually the 80% dark didn't either, but it DID have cocoa powder which is a form of chocolate. Just vanilla. It isn't "chocolate" at all.
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote