Old 06-02-2006, 08:07 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Thursday Chatters for the month of June

Here's to a brand new month!

Hope we all have great June!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:17 PM   #2  
Susan

Thanks for starting us off Karla!

It's hard to believe that we are already in June! Oh my I'm already trying to cram everything into the summer so I don't have to do it all when school starts up again. Like doctor appointments.... etc.

Tina, so birthday girl are you preparing for the big day? You know I believe in celebrating for the entire week.... so let the partying begin

Tammy, I am sure that was a very emotionaly day for you. As much as I love school and my kids and look forward to summer. I always get teary eyed. You are an awesome teacher!!!!! Your kids are lucky to have had you! A class of 85, wow, my nephew's class was 700. With fewer kids, you can do so much more than the herding of cattle they do with larger classes. Give him a hug for all of us!

Karla, one of my students head butted me back in March. I was having to restrain her and she clocked me. Luckily an administrator was walking in the door and saw it all. My nose is still a little tender. The sinus infection is finally getting better, and I go on Tuesday for allergy testing. Great job on your loss!

Do ya'll think we need a new thread for just our July 4 challenge or just do it on this thread? Let me know. I can't promise I will be much help but I'll do my best. I ate so much candy when I washome it's sickening!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:50 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Ditto what Susan said, Karla,
Thank you for starting us off this month.
Wow, June is here.

Susan, my friend, yes ----us June babies need to Party Hard all month.
Larry and David are taking me to Outback Steakhouse next Friday night. And, they're getting my birthday cake at my fav bakery. So, starting tomorrow, it's veggies and water.

Tammy, I'm so glad you have the summer to recup.

I hope everyone will post a lot this month. A lot of our members are lurking and not posting! Shame on y'all.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:36 AM   #4  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. I didn't dissappear off the face of the earth I just haven't been online in a long time. I have SO not done well on my weight. Since the wedding (which was beautiful by the way.) I have been eating terrible. But I am still doing Curves and the last couple days have been pretty good.

I hope everyone is having a nice summer so far. I know its not officially summer but it has been so nice out here.

I can't believe my DD will be in high school next year! It just doesn't seem possible. Man, the years are flying by WAY to quickly!! Our school will be out on June 8th this year. She is really looking forward to summer!

Well I guess that's all for now. I just wanted to check in and say hi and let you know I didn't dissappear. LOL Take care and have a WONDERFUL weekend.... Sis
Old 06-03-2006, 11:14 AM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Hi Sis,
It's sooooo good to hear from you. I'll be the wedding was beautiful. Do you have a photo of yourself to share????????? I'd love to see your dress.

Your daughter in high school! Time is flying. Her school is out later than the ones down here. I hope she doesn't go back until Sept.
What are her plans?
Are y'all planning a trip?
I wouldn't mind going down to the beach. Maybe we will next weekend, in honor of my birthday.

Everyone have a great weekend and stay OP.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Tina when's your b-day? I believe in celebrating my b-day for a whole week too! Mine is July 2nd, coming soon... to a theater near you!

Sis, hi , are you Susan's little sister? I'm Karla, nice to meet you. I guess you can still consider me a newbie to this website, but everyone on this thread has been wonderful and so welcoming. Did you get married recently?

Susan, ouch, that must have hurt! I hope you're doing ok now. Summer time must be like a marathon for you trying to get everything done that you don't get to do during the school year. Just remember to take some time for yourself. I have a bad habit of forgetting that sometimes.

I'm all for a challenge, I have 10 lbs to lose for July 4th but it's getting tough. I had a great week this week, but last week I lost nothing. So we'll see how I do next week.

Tammy, how are you feeling? I should check out my local Y for water aerobics. My mom would probably benefit from it, she has arthritis and it bothers her leg a lot. I'm sure those exercises would help her.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
For the new members, Amy is Susan's sister.
Sis just had a daughter get married. From my post, it probably sounded like she was the one. I wanted to see the Mother of the Bride dress.

Karla, my birthday is June 9th. I believe in celebrating as long as possible.
Today I had 0 pt. veggie soup for lunch. I need to lose several pounds so I can enjoy my birthday cake.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #8  
Susan

It's a beautiful day here. I really haven't done much of anything today. I'll do the watering of the flowers and gardens later this evening. We are already under watering restrictions (at least they are in town).

Pat's just left to go play tonight. They are playing in Ft. Worth and are going to practice before they actually go. He never said "did I want to go" so I took it as he really didn't want me to go. At the last minute, he said "I guess you aren't going with me." Actually, I wanted to stay home.

Karla, Amy is my little sister. She goes by Lil Sis. She's been married 12 years (I think) and has 3 children. She lives in San Antonio.
Sis, it's good to hear from you. I know the wedding was beautiful.

Tammy, are you relaxing? I think I wanted to stay home tonight so I could just do NOTHING.

Tina, if I was there we would be going out for lunch to start off festivities.

Karla, my birthday is June 25 and my son's Seamus is July 10. He would have been 2 years old. It seems like yesterday.

Have a good day, I'll be on later I'm sure since I'm flying solo tonight.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:13 PM   #9  

I survived graduation today. I was teary eyed, but I never cried. Now last night was another story. I couldn't stop crying! I was warm in the gym today, but not horrible. Graduation was neat since we do have smaller classes. Slide show with the baby picture plus the senior picture, telling what their future plans are, activities while in high school, and the moment that they were proud of in HS. Tim chose earning his Eagle Scout Award. Bob and I went to one party after graduation, then he brought me home to sleep. I was exhausted just from grad. and the one party.

Sis, I am so disappointed that we weren't able to get to the wedding to sing. Someone must have given us the wrong directions. lol

Tina, I haven't been to Outback in years! I think it is time to go. Maybe not tonight though.

Karla, I highly recommend the water aerobics! Even just getting in the water and walking makes a difference. Tell your mother to give it a try. It's amazing how good I feel when I'm in the warm water.

My first week out of school and the Y here is shut down for maintenance (drain and clean the pool, and other things). I need to be walking this week to get ready for the Disney trip.

Susan, now that graduation is over I can relax a little. I have a couple friends coming up to see the house on Thursday, so I told the guys that we have to get this place presentable. It isn't awful, but some touching up wouldn't hurt. sure wish we could all get together to hear Pat's band. Does he ever play in Ohio?????? lol
Old 06-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Evening,
Tammy, I'm glad you made it through graduation without too much emotional upset. I bet Tim looked so handsome in his cap and gown.
Susan, I'm glad you had a good time in SA. Rest and enjoy your summer off work.

I wish all of you could be here to help me celebrate my birthday. We'd have a wild time.
Wish we didn't all live so far apart. Mimi and Maureen are the farthest from me.
Tomorrow, Larry interviews for a managerial position. He says the woman in charge probably already knows who she's going to pick - and it's not him. He's going to give it all he's got, though. I'll let y'all know what happens. (A little more money coming in would be very nice.)

Old 06-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #11  
Susan

Evening,

It's been a beautiful HOT day here!!! We were going to mow but decided to go out to dinner instead. I liked that idea much better.

Tammy, congratulations!!!! I would have been crying the entire time!!! You have to be the proudest mom in Ohio!!! Tell Tim we are proud of him!

Tina, gosh wouldn't we have a blast!!! I keep thinking I'm going to just come to Houston so we can meet. I hope Larry gets the job! Keep us posted.

Karla, what's going on with you?

Has anyone heard from Loodie? I know she was going to have her surgery and I've been thinking about her.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:35 AM   #12  

Tina, how did Larry's interview go? Hope it was awesome!!
One of these days, maybe some of us can get together. New Orleans is kind of out for now though.
Susan, dinner or mowing? That wasn't a hard choice, at least for me. lol

Ok. I changed my tracker to make it more reasonable or doable. Maybe if I aim for 10 pounds at a time, that will help instead of seeing 30 pounds to go (which really should be more than 30 now).

Tim and I will be running errands today. He job shadows tonight starting at 11:00. He'll be done at 7:00 tomorrow morning. He's taking a sleeping bag, etc., and he'll just stay at the old house instead of driving home. Closer to where he'll be tonight.

Last edited by Tammy; 06-06-2006 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:24 AM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Well, Human Resources fouled things up about the interview. It's today instead of yesterday. Larry went downtown and waited and waited. He finally banged on the upper manager's door. She said it was never going to be yesterday! He sent her his e-mail from HR saying it was Monday. So, it's today.....we hope.

Tammy, what is Tim doing? What is job shadowing? I've missed something here.
Susan, I agree that I'd rather have dinner than mow. What a thought---mowing in this heat!
How is everyone else???????????????

Hey, where's a good place for us to meet?
Old 06-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #14  

I can just imagine how frustrated Larry was yesterday. At least he had the message to prove that he was right!

Job shadowing is where Tim does a ride-along with a police officer. He has done a similar thing with other police officers, sheriff's deputy, and a parole officer. It's just to give him an idea of what the real world is like since he's getting into that field. Makes me nervous.

We went shopping today. I was going to buy a new swimsuit. I didn't find any that I like any better than the one I have. I guess I'll order one on line to use for the aerobics class. The one that I have is a top and a bottom, and the top moves up when we are doing things. Doesn't make me very comfortable.

I bought 3 cards at the Hallmark store. Tim bought lunch. We didn't get anything else. Wasted trip.

I'm not sure where a good place to meet would be. I'll have to get out the atlas sometime and look. I'm not even sure where everyone lives! I should write that down sometime.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

I think several people live up north. 3 of us live in Texas (like you don't know) and 2 live in Canada.
Kansas seems to be in the middle. HOWEVER, what's in Kansas!!!!!

Larry had the interview. He said they were looking for a Type P personality who would get in the other managers' faces and yell. (He thinks they already have someone in mind.) Since Larry will not do that, he's not going to get the promotion. Oh well.
I've done good staying OP today.
I haven't exercised for 2 days. Oops. I think I'll survive.

Closed Thread