South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 07:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thoughtful Thursday Chat - June 1

Another month and another challenge to be a wee bit smaller in 30 days!

I did OK at the pot luck last night - no dessert, not potato or pasta salads, just bean salad and raw veggies. Nobody noticed which once again proves my theory that people really don't pay attention to what other folks eat.

The heat seems to have broken so I finally turned off the AC. Today is a drizzly sort of day so there will be no gardening. I may finally get the remains of my summer clothes sorted out and into the closet. I have a dental check-up this afternoon and am going to my sister's place for dinner tonight WITHOUT the dogs. They have an infestation of skunks, porcupines and other critters that have set up housekeeping under their decks so the Girls will stay home and stay out of trouble!

What's happening around your BeachTowel this morning? Have a and a !
Old 06-01-2006, 08:18 AM   #2  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks! I've got my and am waiting for it to kick in. I'm so sleepy today. Weight is holding steady from over the weekend. I know I need to be drinking more water to get it moving down so that will be my goal today.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 06-01-2006, 08:22 AM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Can't stay long have to get dressed as the insurance adjuster is going to come to inspect our car,that was hit last Wednesday.

Ruth-Can't believe that 1/2 the year is over,and I don't have anything to show weightwise. We're very humid here,expecting some thouder boomers heading our way.Congrat on being good to yourself,and not going for those carbs.Noticed that your ticker is going down big congrats on that too.

Hugs BB
Old 06-01-2006, 08:24 AM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

Well I'm back on the beach and going strong after a horrible May of eating like no tomorrow. We are having a french drain put in the basement today after the flooding we endured in Oct. Jackhammers will be my best friend today. I'm not sure how I will concentrate on my on my work with all the commotion going on under my kitchen table, but it will get done some how. Gonna be a hot and steamy day so at least the windows will be open to help with the noise. My parents are back from FL for the summer and looking forward to seeing them today. Other than that just the same ol thing. Have a terrific beachy day!
Old 06-01-2006, 08:51 AM   #5  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Chicks,

My Nascar Race was awesome, The Coca Cola 600 in Concord North Carolina.. Our 4 wheeler ride went well also this weekend, I have not had time to post since Friday.. Sorry,, I was not home to weigh in on my scales Sunday, So I will WI on this Sunday. I stayed OP all weekend. I did drink some beer. but Not enough to hurt me.. I had so many compliments on my weight loss at our ride on our property this weekend I almost got tired of hearing about it..ALMOST! Hope everyone is well and I am back I missed this thread..... Take Care
Old 06-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #6  

Tis a BeeeeUtiful Morn here in Nerth Caroliner! I was a busy bee yesterday, the house is sparkly, the flowers planted, hedges trimmed and the the kayaks washed and waxed and ready to go for the summer.. Dh has vacation this week, so we are planning day trips to explore our new state. Ham and bean salads are being served at Chef Shatzi's for dinner! Have a great day!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ahhhhh. . . . . . it's sooooooo nice to have the morning off. I'm enjoying just being home by myself, I don't have to get Maggie until 1:30, then we have to drive to Wilmington to pick up Audrey at a birthday party. After that the girls are staying at my house until their daddy picks them up on his way home from the office. My DIL just called to inform me they're coming over to swim after work and want to cook pork chops on the grill, so Amber will be thrilled that the girls are here. I'm trying to discourage a bird from building a nest on the ledge above my front door, and every time we knock it down, the darned bird comes right back and rebuilds it! I feel bad for it, but it's making an awful mess out there, and there's poop all over the place. I'm tired of cleaning it up. Anyone have any ideas how I can shoo it away for good?

Ruth ~ Wow, you are losing a lot, Congratulations!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #8  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

sipping on the old caffeine elixir I've got the morning off too. Normally I go to the gym but today was playgroup day so I planned it as my day off but now it appears that there are way too many sickies in the playgroup so I'm playing hookie...

a day of cleaning rearranging, gardening and eating healthy. Tonight no karate or tball, just family movie night. I may not even leave the house all day!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:28 AM   #9  

Good Morning all -

Well, today I'm finally going to make it back to the gym. I will be my first time working out (and weighing in) in a long time. I am very nervous to see the numbers on the scale (which is why I've been avoiding it). I know I shouldn't worry too much about the scale (more important is how I feel and how my clothes are fitting)

The weather is beautiful here today . I'm looking forward to a walk during my lunch hour.

Not too much else is going on. It is only 4 months until DBF and move to Colorado. This weekend, we are going through both of our apartments (well, our apt. and his storage space) to decide what we are keeping and what we are going to sell.

Well, I need to start work.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

Morning all....
Just another hot and humid day in sunny FL. It was 80 at 7am this morn. Can only imagine how hot August will be...
DH and I spent most of the evening de-heading shrimp. My aunt got us 50# fresh off the boat in Louisiana. MMMM We love boiled shrimp. There were plenty of them big enough to separate for grilling too
We didn't finish them all so I have more de-heading to do tonight.
Slow start to Phase II. I'm at the end of TOM and will wait until Saturday to WI. Hopefully week 2 of Phase II will show more success.
Here's to all having a great OP day!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:39 AM   #11  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Morning Chickies!

I'm here at work, just getting ready to crack open my daily Diet Mt. Dew to get the blood pumping.

I bought my bicycle yesterday over my lunch and went for my first ride last night. It was so fun, but a real workout! I even had DH put a cushy seat on it for me so I could ride longer. I think I managed a 20 min ride the first time out, so that's not a bad starting point.

It is going to be another beautiful day here today...I wish I were home on my deck to enjoy it. We have a few events going on in town this weekend, so we are contemplating that...either the Ribfest or seeing Jerry Seinfeld. Hmm...Seinfeld sounds much safer food-wise than Ribfest, doesn't it?!? Then DH leaves Sunday for business and won't get back until Friday, so the girls (dogs) and I will be by ourselves all week. They love when DH is gone because they both get to sleep in the bed with me.

Well, I'd better do some work here this morning. Hope you all have a great Thursday...only 1 more day until Friday!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

well today is the day!!!! starting P1 again!! I was eating like a pig.....

I can't believe this weather!! it is wonderful!!!

My DD is going to Disney World next week w/her Dad. My DS is not going because he doesn't want to fly....

That's all for now!!!

Have a great beach day!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #13  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hi chickies! Well, I'm back from CA and back on P1 as of today. Hope everyone is doing fabulous.

OK, I'm not sure if this is good or bad but I came home and my scale is broken. Somehow my housesitter must have broken it. It's stuck at 110 pounds and won't budge. How I wish that were the truth !!! So I'm going to do P1 with no scale and just pay attention to my body and how my clothes fit.

I'm getting a late start this morning but b'fast will be a tofu spinach omelette, salad for lunch, and dinner will be buffalo chicken breast, cauliflower salad, and bbq baked black soybeans. The bbq soy beans are so yummy and so easy. One of my fav dishes ever! I'll post the recipe sometime today.

Hope everyone has a great day. I missed you chicks!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #14  

Morning!

Waiting for my coffee to kick in, but it seems to be a bit slow this morning!!

Wish I could report in with how wonderfully I stayed OP yesterday, but I was far from it. Today is a new day and I am moving on!!

Chilling at home for the morning and early part of the afternoon. We are going to a girlfriend's house for dinner tonight. She is making spaghetti, so I am going to stop off at a local grocery store that has a fantastic salad bar to whip up a good green salad.

Have a super day all!!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:55 AM   #15  
schmellie

S/C/G: 187/180/140

Hiya everybody!

I'm 100% jealous of all you beachers who are actually getting some sun on your bods - it's freezing here!! And to think, I actually wore a skirt today (because it fits for the first time in months!!!). Oh well, summer will come - hopefully!

Today I'm back OP after a disaster yesterday. I had an incident with some biscuits. Several biscuits actually, the chocolate covered kind. It was very naughty but I'm not letting it get me down and I'm not using it to justify a bigger and badder cheat! I've been really good today and that's what matters. Just hoping it doesn't show up on the scales!

Hope you're all having a fab day and to those of you with free time - enjoy it for me too!!

x ellie
Closed Thread