Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 08:24 AM   #1  
Hot Stuff

Default ALTERNATIVE GROUP - November 11, 2001

We are a group of non-traditional lifestyle individuals. We are partnered, single, widowed, Pagan, Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, Muslim, gay, bi-sexual, bi-colored and straight. We bask in our diversity and unite in the same goal of losing weight. If you are relatively open-minded and accepting of ALL walks of life, please join us.
Old 11-11-2001, 08:34 AM   #2  
Hot Stuff

Time for a new thread, and some renewed interest!

Ruthie, are you doing okay after the extraction?

Goddess, your streak is going marvelously!

Flower, feeling better?

Amyjo, how goes the studies?

Lamorgan, how are you doing?

Goddess, my daughter battled for 17 days before she started to feel better. We were told it usually lasts a month in the active stage, but she is still contagious for up to two months. I'm glad she recovered as quickly as she did. She missed 3 weeks of school and is going to have a job ahead of her to catch up.

Flower, when my day goes bad or something makes me want to hide from embarrassment, you bet I want to fill up on comfort food. I want to go home, tune out the world, and feel sorry for myself while enjoying whatever it is that I want to eat at that time.

Well, I did some grocery shopping yesterday and I am climbing back on the wagon yet again. I don't care how often I have to, I refuse to give up.

Check in, girls! Let get this week off to a great start!
Old 11-11-2001, 08:51 AM   #3  
Must Shrink.

Good morning everyone! I get to sleep in on Sundays and it feels so wonderful not to have to get up and out of the house today.

The Skinny chips are yummy. I picked up some more. They are by a company called Cool Fruits Inc., out of California. Calories on the corn chips: 120 cal per 2 cups. I bought them at the natural food store nearby, $2.00 for 113 grams.

Diet is going pretty well. All the Halloween candy is gone, and as long as there is no chocolate in the cupboards I can stay on track better. I don't know what is harder though, craving chocolate or craving carbs. Sigh.

Anyone try Soy-nog?? I like it.

We're going to spend a day not going anywhere, just puttering around the house.

Remember way back when I asked everyone about whether their menses was affected by weight-loss? And I was the only one who seemed to have a changed cycle after 10 or 15 pounds? Well my new theory is the moon. Six days out of seven, I walk in the dark for 1.5 hours under the moon. My cycle has shifted so that I now menstruate when the moon is dark. And ovulate when it is full. Isn't that cool? This all started around 2 weeks after I started to diet, and started my paper job, way back in May.

Have a great day everyone!

Lamorgan.
Old 11-11-2001, 10:25 AM   #4  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Hello. Good Sunday everyone. I am glad for a new start. This past week has been a waste of time diet wize. The scale is at 182. Stuck I say. But since I am ammong the living again except for a tender throat. I should get back to business. I am not sure if the throat is due to allergies and post nasal drip or if the cold fairy has gottton me again. No biggie. A head cold I can handle.

I have to run up to Smiths and pick up some veggies. That is most of my problem. If I don' t have them in my freezer, how in the world am I suppose to eat them. I hate canned veggies and fresh are okay but expensive as h*** in LV. No farms here really. There is one in town but he is a pick yourself place. Farmers market on Thurs is good but pricey. Most of them are from CA or AZ. I am just gonna pick up a few items today and make a master list and go to Walmart and pick them out tomorrow. Gonna cut coupons and go through cookbooks today.

I have a big stack of work I brought home on Thursday. Haven't touched it. Bad flower!!! I have tomorrow off too. But in all honesty, I would rather excersice then do work or clean. My mom has some gardening she would like me to do for her. She has a green thumb but since I have the degree in Ornamental Horticulture, she calls me. Silly mom.

I saw Monsters Inc on Friday. I loved it!!!! ~flower
Old 11-11-2001, 04:19 PM   #5  
deleted2

Great to hear from so many today. It's like Christmas sometime seeing all the new posts, heehee!
24th day of my streak and first day of my period and I'm seriously jonesin' for some chocolate--but I'm fighting ripping into that bag of chocolate chips! Maybe some hot chocolate with marshmallows would ease the craving....
La Morgan, My husband is an egg nog freak and we've tried the Silk soy nog--it is good. Hmmm, maybe I'll top my cocoa with it!
Flower--I just read your diary entry for today. Big hug to you! You truly sound overwhelmed. Don't attack that big pile of stuff all at once--sounds like you're still recovering from your week. Take it easy, sweet one! And eat your vegetables! [okay, maternal episode over.]

Eydie

Old 11-12-2001, 06:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Hey guys!

Just a quick note... glad to hear that everyone is doing well. I am exhausted, I have a 5 day weekend next week which is killer since I am about to drop from going so much. I pretty much just chilled out this weekend, enjoyed DH and Kids. Trying to get as much Christmas shopping done as possible since I don't officially get out of school until Dec 11 and I don't want to be scrambling in the last minute crowds again(this has been pretty routine) I have my kids almost finish, have several family members left to by for but hey.... it is going pretty smoothly... last year I ordered most of the kids gifts on-line (which I am doing again this year) but I ordered them from a company that thought to be reputable- went bankrupt like 2 weeks after christmas and I didn't ever receive over half of the Presents so .. I was out the week before Christmas digging for something... it was terrible!!!

Wildfire ~ I am glad that DD is doing so much better.. I was out of school for almost 2 months in 5TH? I think it was awful... I don't think I have ever felt quite so bad. Glad you have such sticktoittiveness... it will eventually catch...

Flower ~ Glad your still doing good and yes I think every normal person that has a problem or has something happen(such as feeling stupid or doing something wrong) turns to food at some point you just have to find those triggers and put a stop to them... instead of popping in chips when it happens grab some gum or water... if that doesn't help .. go to the carrot sticks. Good luck sweetie...

Goddess ~ You still running on your winning streak? I can't say I have been 100% OP but I have stuck to my calories, just not always with the best foods but I deserved the cheating... I can't say that I didn't! Wasn't you guys that told me that as long as it wasn't to the extreme that every once in a while wouldn't kill me. Maybe not, I might have dreamed that!

Well, I am down a little more... I am 11 pounds from goal but have you ever been that close and still looked in the mirror and you don't see where you have changed? I know I wear smaller clothes I had to buy them but I just don't feel thinner and I don't look thinner to myself. What do you think causes that? I mean I know I have lost weight the scales say it, I know I have lost weight because my clothes show it, but I look in the mirror and I still see nothing but fat.... It is going on a year... that I have been on this diet and I have lost it slowly and methodically and it has taken forever so maybe since I see myself everyday that is why it doesn't look different? Any opinions on this? Gotta go... I will check in soon...

Hugs to all,
Amy
176/141/130
Old 11-13-2001, 01:22 PM   #7  
Must Shrink.

I can remember the surprise I used to feel when I looked into the mirror expecting to see a slim 20 year old, and instead saw the heavier nearly 40 year old I really was.

Now, after losing 20 - 25 pounds earlier this year, I seem to have forgotten the fact that I lost weight, and although I know I am slimmer, and feel great physically, I still feel surprise when people who haven't seen me in 6 months mention that I have really lost. In my head, it all is back again.

I still automatically look at larger clothes, and don't always give my self the credit she deserves.
Don't know if this is what you meant, but certainly our self image takes a long time to adjust to reality.

Lam
Old 11-13-2001, 06:53 PM   #8  
you can call me flower

I posted yesterday and it didn't show up. I made person comments to everyone to! That just sucks! Anyways, hello everyone! Summer- are you lurking? Well, I have no time, I will try to get back on after Grif goes to sleep. My big boys want to play outside before the sun sets. ~flower
Old 11-14-2001, 06:00 AM   #9  
deleted2

Amyjo--I have a story to tell you that always gives me hope that I really have changed. I was at a store a couple of years ago and across the way I saw this woman who looked strong and athletic, not skinny and not overweight. And I was thinking, 'that's the look I want. If I could look like her I'd be happy'. This all took a second and then I realized that across the way that was a mirror and I had seen my own reflection! I try to remember how that felt to see that I had really changed.
I'm trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I'll always have little pockets of flesh here and there and my belly will never be completly flat, etc. I'm a woman after all!
La morgan, when you said you still look at larger clothes it reminded me that I still look at all the fancy hair stuff [the barrettes and clips and such] and I had my hair sheared down to an inch long years ago. It's like I still have phantom hair! I guess when you lose weight you still have phantom fat, so to speak!

Old 11-14-2001, 06:49 PM   #10  
deleted2

Hi Everybody! Don't mind me, I'm just typing my food lust away! I made a particularly succulent pasta dish tonight and I need to occupy my hands because I could so easily be all over it! I've already had a generous portion and I want my streak to continue. Day 27! Oh why am I such a good cook.........?!

Okay, I feel better. I just need to keep socking back water--I'm way below my quota today.
Thanks for being here!

Eydie

Old 11-14-2001, 11:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Where is everybody?

Ruthie, Wildfire, Flower, LAM, Summer (MIA forever now)... I miss you guys.... Goddess is all alone....

Hugs,

Amy
Old 11-15-2001, 06:17 AM   #12  
deleted2

Speaking of all alone, I'm really twisting in the wind on the food journal thread. Somebody come join me---Flower, I miss your vegetable feasts! How's it going?

Ruthie, How are you? Check in with us!

---Eydie

Old 11-15-2001, 07:36 AM   #13  
Hot Stuff

Hi, I'm here. But only for a second. Have to rush off to work, as usual. It's been a busy week, I've had evening things every night, and tonight I have to take my daughter to buy new shoes. Tomorrow we're back to our ballroom dance lessons...at least that's fun!

Will post this evening.
Old 11-15-2001, 09:40 AM   #14  
you can call me flower

I only got a minute. Work is crazy with all these holidays. Got the same amount of work and less hours to do it in. I found out a friends husband died of brain cancer on the 29th yesterday. Wasn't very cheerful. When are they gonna find a cure?

I have a new hero. I want to be Angelina Jolie when I grow up. The body, not the life. I watched tomb raider last night. I LOVED IT! So, back to toning for me. My goal is to have curvy thighs, not lumpy and muscular toned arms! I want guys to think I am sexy but if they misbehave I can beat them up!

I haven't had enough veggies to post about Goddess. I am back to my routine today. I will post tonight, good or bad. ~audri/flower
Old 11-16-2001, 01:51 PM   #15  
you can call me flower

Red face

Hello. I am bad. It has been 8 weeks since I had a soda and here I am drinking a pepsi. I am so freaking tired! My ex mom in law took the big boys to a private screening of Harry Potter last night. They didn't bring them home til 12:20 am!!! I was worried sick. This will be the last school night outing they have in a long time. We each had about 5 hours of sleep. It will be an early night tonight. I guess it isn't entirely their fault, the film didn't get there til 8:30 and it is 2.5 hours but still. Call me when the movie lets out! I was under the impression when they got picked up at 5:30 that it started by 7 ect... They loved it. I will wait 2 weeks to go. I am not big on crowds. As much as I want to see it, I can wait. The other thing that bugged me about last night is that she asked me to make sure they showered and wore nice clothes? As if I would send them in holey jeans. They were in school clothes. So I told them to shower and pretend it was picture day. And you know what, they came home in different clothes. What is up with that? This is the same people who would buy them toys that would only stay at their houses. Or designer clothes that were only worn over there. Riley had a Tommy H sweat suit that he had only worn twice before he out grew it. What a waste. I am poor compared to many in this city. I admit it. But I have a new car, a 2000 square foot house, several pets, a play station, closets of clothes and games and books , a computer. We are literate, well spoken, well mannered friendly people. We do not need to be treated like trailer trash. Stupid yuppy scum!!!! Thanks for listening! Am I bitter, yes a bit! Will I say anything. Nope, just gonna let it roll off my shoulders.

I need to walk daily for the rest of my life. This indoor excersice doesn't cut it for me. I can't handle being indoors all day. I will check out aqua class. That I can handle. I gotta get back in a routine. What is everyones plans for turkey day? (Canadians excluded ) I am just cooking for us I think. Gonna enjoy a nice 4 day weekend. I asked Chris for these 50 $ hiking shoes from Copelands for Yule. Thats all I need. Hikes would be so much more fun with proper shoes. ~ flower
Closed Thread