Old 05-29-2006, 10:32 PM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat...May 29-June 2

Well, I have to say my eating sucked this weekend. I keep trying to figure out WHY I'm doing this to myself. As I try summer clothes on (the weather's been in the high 80's) and they don't fit WHY I still allow myself to eat junk. So I'm on a no-excuse hunt for the truth. But it's back to eating what makes me FEEL healthy....and that's Atkins allowed foods.
On a bad note...DH sprained his ankle Saturday (the good news is--it wasn't broke like we feared! We could hear a "crack" all the way to the "outfield"!!!!). We were playing kickball with my sisters, BIL's and nieces & nephews. So I got exercise. lol.
So tomorrow it's a glass of water before even thinking about drinking a soda! My exercise will be washing, hanging clothes on the line and folding them. Trying to catch up on some of the house cleaning. And working on getting my mind back on the LC track.
Hope you all had a great Memorial Day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:49 AM   #2  

Morning Brenda. Sorry to hear about your DH's ankle. That sounds painful, but the kickball sounds fun. I hope you can get back on track.

I think I'm finally back and out of the funk I was in. It was terrible. I just didn't feel right. My eating wasn't TERRIBLE, but it sure wasn't terrific either. But I'm back in LC mode now and hope I can get at least 10 more pounds off before I go on vacation. I have 6 weeks...surely I can do that.

to you all. Have a great day.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

Morning everyone,

Brenda, Glad to hear your DH's ankle wasn't broken.

M&G, Glad you are back, and have gotten back on track.

We had a great holiday weekend. Saturday, we went fishing and swimming. We had to hike a short way to the spot..I got a little exersize..My calf muscle's were sore the next day..I can tell i'm really out of shape...I said a while back i was going to start walking everyday but i never did Now i wish i did...

Sunday, pushed mowed some of the yard. It felt about 95 degree's. DH finished it on the riding mower... Well, a little is better than none... Afterwards inlaws had a cookout. Nothing LC , so a eat terrible... Yesterday, DH had to work so, we had pot roast and veg...
Started cleaning DD room yesterday..... OH MY What a MESS....... We filled a garbage can up with old toys, school papers and clothes she had outgrown...It took a while but, we finally found the closet floor.. I guess she comes by it honestly...... Were all packs rats around here...
I hope everyone has a great day..I'm gonna find another part of the house to tackle today and hopefully get some walking in this morning before it gets to hot....I wish i had a walking buddy so they could kick my butt into gear......
Candy
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:49 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, can you hear my screaming from Oklahoma. I finally went below 150 where I had been for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I weighed this morning, (twice) and I'm at 148 now. Yeah. I was gonna wait and weigh tomorrow after a week without weighing, but just finally broke down and weighed. I was busy all weekend chasing my 2 yr. old grandson and playing in the yard with him. New grandson was born at 11:20 Saturday night. He weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. and is very cute. We went fishing for a little while on Sunday evening and went and played Bingo last night. I cooked large family meals this weekend but made sure to have plenty of LC foods for me. It was a good weekend. I am going to try to change my ticker, but I may have to wait and have my daughter do it, she's a lot more computer savvy than me. Good luck to everyone.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #5  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, can you hear me screaming from Oklahoma. I finally went down from 150 to 148 lbs. I was stalled at 150 for 3 or 4 weeks. Yeah. I tried to change my ticker, I'll see if it worked.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #6  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Congratulations Lilybelle!!! New granchild and breaking your stall. You have done great. You are truly a motivation for me.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

That's GREAT lilybelle..You deserve an applause.... ... ... I am sooooo Happy for you...I new my chawahaws (SP?) was barking for some reason....They do have better hearing than i do..... .. I new you could do it.... ..
Congrats on the new grandson......For you and the Baby.. ... ...
Candy

Last edited by Candy In Alabama; 05-30-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:29 PM   #8  
Susan hockeyfan7

Morning everyone!

Lillybelle -- congrats on both the weight loss and the new baby!

Jackie - welcome back! We've missed you!

Brenda - glad to hear DH's ankle was only sprained - broken is no fun.

Candy (and Brenda too ) - I was re-reading Dr. Atkins' book this weekend and he does have a whole chapter about how exercise is not optional -- good job on getting it in.

Well, John is at the orthopedic surgeon finding out if he will have to have surgery on his shoulder or not. We are hoping not of course.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:04 PM   #9  

Way to go Lillybelle! that is awesome!

Susan - hope no surgery is needed.

Candy - glad you had a good weekend. I think your family needed one. Still sending you lots of prayers and positive thoughts.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle
Hi everyone, can you hear me screaming from Oklahoma. I finally went down from 150 to 148 lbs. I was stalled at 150 for 3 or 4 weeks. Yeah. I tried to change my ticker, I'll see if it worked.
so thats what all the hollering was about!! Congratulations!!!

Well Im here in spirit I have been doing alot of struggling with food, and some other issues, that spur on the addictive behaviours. And......its official, Im perimenopausal. So add a crap load of stuff in there too.

Im planning on getting back to atkins next monday. I have a bit more reading to do, and some more planning before I can commit 100%.

Sorry Ive been so scarce, Im glad everyone is doing well......Im off to catch up with you ladies.

Have a great day.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:24 PM   #11  

Lillybelle - Congrats! That is really something! I'm really proud of you!

Lady_abner: I too am in a funk. It's a perfect way of putting it. I fell off the wagon over the weekend. I didn't do really badly. It's the start of my 4th week on Atkins and I've kept off that initial 10 pounds...but I'm having to start over since I fell out of ketosis. Something I was really proud about!

I hit a wall early last week that put me at odds with dieting. But now I'm feeling a bit better -- back on the wagon and ready to give it a go again!
Buffy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

yeay lillybelle!!
I am soooo happy for you! on both the weightloss and the new baby!

maggie!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Robin W - Hope your doing ok! We're here for you!

M&G mom - Welcome back!

Brenda - Hang in there! You'll get through this. You've come so far!

Here's to a good week!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:50 PM   #14  
lilybelle

Thanks everyone. Today has been great. I weighed less (yippee), my son's girlfriend got a new job (she graduated high school last week and is now living with us and they should be able to afford a home of their own soon) and I finally got a Tax Refund this morning from the IRS that was from 2003, it was $517.00 and totally unexpected. ( I knew IRS still owed me this, but had thought I'd never get it). I am just so happy today.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #15  
Susan hockeyfan7

John found out this morning from the orthopedic surgeon that he has to have surgery on the shoulder - they are trying to schedule him for Friday. Apparently, it's major surgery - they said he may have to stay a day or two in the hospital.

The 1st surgeon sent him to a different guy in the practice who specializes in shoulders and he can't get in to see that guy until Thursday. So we'll know the date for sure then.

But he's still going to have his big "V" done tomorrow afternoon -- the shoulder surgeon said go ahead.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote