Old 05-28-2006, 10:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/165.5/142

Lightbulb This Week I am Going to Focus on.....

Only eating when I am HUNGRY. I caught myself eating yesterday simply because it was dinner time and I had cooked. Not good. Just because dinner is on the table doesn't mean I have to eat yet. I think this may be part of why I am stalled right now. Also, stopping when I am satisfied is an issue I need to pay closer attention to.

I think the reason this has been a problem for me is because if cooked a meal, and my son said "Mom, I'm just not hungry right now." I would say "Well, too bad, this is dinner time and this when we eat." So, I feel like I should follow that same rule. When that is a stupid rule anyway. I could answer him with "Well, you don't have to eat, but at least sit down at the table and visit with us while WE eat." There is no reason I couldn't adopt that same philosophy for myself.

So, this week I will lpay close attention and only eat when my stomach tells me it's time to, and stop when my stomach is telling me I am satisfied.
JudyChat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:57 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I do the same thing sometimes, eat when food is ready, not when I really feel hungry. My family works such odd hours, it's hard to have a meal together. I have improved at only eating til I am satisfied. I used to always eat til I was stuffed.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

...exactly what it might be that has put me in a stall. Also to kep out of my kitchen unless it is meal time. I keep finding myself wandering around in there still looking in the fridge just out of habit. I have to stop and say to myself, self, what the **** are you doing in here? You're not even hungry!
I am also going to focus on my exercise. I just hate it. I bought an exercise ball 2 weeks ago when someone post some good exercises from askmen.com and still haven't done them!
So I have plenty to work on this week!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:51 PM   #4  
Susan hockeyfan7

Back to the gym for me -- the surgeon says I can go back to normal activities at the gym on Tuesday. Just no swimming pool until June 7.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

Red face

I'm going to focus on getting my workouts in, I can always find an excuse to skip them. Judy
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:19 PM   #6  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Red face Scales Away

I decided that I am going to focus on not weighing until my scheduled day which is Sunday. Last week I weighed almost everyday - twice a day and although I recognize that it was motivating, I have got to loosen this weight loss thing's hold on my every waking moment.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote