Old 05-26-2006, 09:09 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Weekend Plans???

So what's everyone up to this Holiday weekend? I must say that my weekend is blissfully quiet. A picnic at the park with a friend and her boys on Saturday and a cookout & a T-ball game on Monday. Yes, I need to clean house and run some errands, but it's not the craziness I am used to. I can't wait!!

What are you up to???
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:24 AM   #2  
DNR
Determined Woman

Tonight I have my 11 week-old granddaughter overnight through tomorrow and then I'm painting my master bedroom and bathroom the rest of the weekend. DH has to work so I'm just doing whatever. At least I have 3 days and that will be nice.

It's supposed to be 96 on Sunday and humid - I guess that's a good time to be indoors in the A/C.

DNR
DNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:43 AM   #3  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

Tomorrow is going to busy getting all of the last minute stuff ready for SO's trip. I saved a few calories here and there all week, and I'm treating us to pizza for lunch! (Don't worry it's at a "by the slice" pizzaria.) Not that I've been looking forward to it, or anything.

Sunday, I get up at 5am and drive "over the hill" to take her to the airport. "Over the hill" is a mountain range that, though small, has a narrow, winding, high-grade highway that everyone speeds on, and where there are crashes every week. (This is not an exaggeration.) I am just so glad that we are going over on a Sunday, hopefully the road will be pretty quiet.

By the time I drive over and back, I always want to go for a special treat- so I'll need a bit of everyone's "NO TREAT" vibes this weekend.

Hope everyone else is going to have a fun time!
andoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/268/150

Since I'm Canadian my long weekend was last week but I feel like sharing my plans for this weekend anyway.

I wouldn't mind having a quiet weekend at home...or close to it. I need to get some river rocks to put in my flower bed and around the front yard tree. Prior to putting the river rocks in, I have to clean my flower bed completly of all the mulch the old owners had put. I want to wash my windows outside since I've done inside already. I plan on going to the park with my best friend's son to play baseball (he thinks his mom is the worst to practice with but I'm the best...LOL) and with the dog to play "trow the ball and run for it, make my owner catch me now". Dh also wanted to go to the movies to see The Da VInci Code and diner for our anniversary (we didn't do anything yesterday).

I have a few errands to do but I realy hope we will be able to do them tonight, so I can "play" around the house...like normal owners do..Can you guess that this is house #1 for me????

Maybe I should be getting a 3 days weekend...I'm way to busy. At least, my weekend has alot more activities into them than what they had when I was in an appartment.

DH told me it's going to cost us a fortune in sunscreen this summer ..I'm always planning stuff to do outside.( again, what's wrong with me??? a weekend with little to no TV? That's not a weekend..or is it?!?!?). Let's just think one second...if you need sunscreen it's because you are moving your body, which means that you are burning calories, which means your are losing weight. So where is that sunscreen????
Foreverhopefull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:59 AM   #5  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

No big plans here. I'll be cleaning house in preparation for company descending on me June 9th. My brother & his wife and my newly engaged nephew & his lady will be staying with me for a few days. They will all be going to a wedding. I live alone now in a 4 bdrm house, so the whole family uses my house as a convention center (and I'm happy to have them). Over Easter, I had 10 people sleeping here, including the kids on the floor. I am also leaving for a cruise to Alaska with my 10 yo granddaughter on the 16th, that I haven't even begun to think about yet. I need to at least find my suitcase. Hope everyone has a happy, safe weekend.
soiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:11 PM   #6  
No description available.

Mmmm...School's out. No kid or adult activities scheduled for this weekend. We are going to have small, family party to celebrate the kids' advancements in school. I need to clean. I want to clean...I am tired of the clutter. Other than that, some tennis, some running. No time pressures!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I also had my long weekend last week, but it's extending my weekend THIS weekend I have today off, so I'm planning to get back on track, I've had 2 vacations back to back, and things have been crazy. I definitely need some downtime. I work Saturday and am taking care of our neice that night, and Sunday I'm doing a 5K for juvenile diabetes.

Have a good long weekend

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:52 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

2nd annual father-daughter fishing trip with my dad and my SO. Then, on Monday, appointment to look at wedding sites. Also my sister (who lives across the country from me) is in town AND also engaged, so we're going dress shopping on Saturday.

Whew.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:55 PM   #9  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

On Sunday I'm cooking a big dinner for all of the family, because my grandma, who will be 92 in September, is here visiting from Iowa. Then on Monday, my husband and I are going shopping for a new chair for the computer desk, and looking into maybe buying a new digital camera.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:36 PM   #10  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

DS is going to help me get 3 boxes built and filled to start a square foot garden. Also need to work on cleaning up the yard more. It was seriously neglected last year. The house is a mess and laundry is piled to the ceiling so we'll also have to tackle that. Hope to take the kids to a movie Monday since DH has to work.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammy
DS is going to help me get 3 boxes built and filled to start a square foot garden.
Oh my, this really made me start to laugh! It brought back the memories of the "Gardening by the Yard" garden I started at my last house. It is otherwise known as either "The Most Failed Garden Ever Created", or "That Big Weedy Mound Of Dirt Next To The Semi-Rectangular Weedy Hole". Anything that managed to grow there that wasn't a weed was purely by accident.

I'm surprised they don't make me register as some kind of offender.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:43 PM   #12  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

When DH and I used to plant a big row garden, we were all excited about being outside and gardening and planted big huge areas in April and May. As you can imagine, it's not quite so exciting to be outside under the hot Mississippi sun in June, July, August (or even September). We usually ended up with lots of weeds and gave up. I'm hoping small square foot gardens will be more doable for us.

Wish us luck, it's our first year to try them, and I sure want some homegrown tomatoes and peppers!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:06 PM   #13  

Yeah, I was in Nebraska, not as bad as in the south (I've lived in central Arkansas, so I know when I see it ), but certainly not as nice as here. Even so, I just couldn't get myself out there to tend when true summer hit.

Are you planting near the house or away? That's one of the mistakes I made- after a while, I just didn't want to lug everything out to the back of the yard.

My SO has been very successful growing container gardens in large planters- tomatoes, strawberries, onions, carrots, lettuce, even a (literally 1) jalapeno. I made her try corn once (in honor of her Nebraskan hertitage), and we ended up with the saddest corn ever. Note: 4 corn plants will not produce seed well. They'll produce ears, and cause you to get all excited, but they are just fooling you. I guess I can't blame them, they looked so lonely in their little pots.

Good Luck! I think you have the best idea- start small and grow.
p.s.- don't forget the zucchini and yellow squash. mmmmm I just love them grilled!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:07 AM   #14  

Sounds like everyone has some great plans for this long weekend, including me. DH and I flew to Las Vegas and met up with a long time friend from NYC. We are walking our butts off, see some shows, enjoying some good food (I am trying to make healthy choices) and losing some money.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote