Old 05-19-2006, 09:00 AM   #1  

Default Vacation

Random question, since vacation season is upon us:

Do you (will you) stick to your diet on vacation or do you (will you) let yourself have a vacation from your diet, as well?
asimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My vacation will be a visit to family at an annual reunion. We will drive our RV for the vacation, so I feel that I will be sticking to my diet during the drive. Since this is a very large reunion and meals are served buffet style, I don't see a problem with sticking with good choices for meals. Last time I went, when burgers were served, I ate mine bunless. They almost always have a tossed salad with lunches and dinner. Yes, I will stick to my diet!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I have 3 big ones coming up.

After school gets out, a week in Mazatlan. We are staying in a 2bd condo with the kids and will be able to cook our own meals. This one should be a peice of cake.

The day after getting back from Mexico, a week in Bellevue, WA at a conference with all meals out. This is going to be tough. I hope there is a fridge in the hotel room. I leave the conference for a road trip to a friends house that has teenagers for 3-4 days. That will also be tough.

Home for a week or so, then 10 days with friends from college in a house on the ocean. They buy everything at Costco and we are on an island with no telephone, tv, and only a small store that is expensive. I am hoping to do a lot of long walks, but I don't know how it will turn out food wise. I am usually the master baker, putting out fresh cookies and cinnomon rolls for the gang each day. I don't think I will go on strike, but I will have to figure out how to not eat everything coming out of the oven.
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Last summer each 10 day vacation put me up about 5 lbs and I had 3 of them. Definately cannot afford a repeat of that. Or maybe I should be thankful, because the shock of gaining that much weight in a year finally got me eating right again.
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:40 AM   #5  
Movin on down the scale

I am off to Vegas next week, I plan on trying to be reasonable and not messing with my portion control. I think if I stay within actual portions, then I should be alright.
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote