Old 05-24-2006, 12:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Default Anyone fancy starting (or restarting) Wave 1 next Tuesday?

Hi,

I'm getting back on the straight and narrow and planning my attack after a week where I've not been able to exercise and an upcoming holiday weekend.

Does anyone fancy joining me on a daily check in to start Wave 1 next Tuesday? I'm going to use this thread to plan my food and exercise and check back in daily to make sure I keep it up.

Look forward to hearing from you all
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Hey Clareh,

I don't want to re-start Wave 1 because I'm really enjoying the fresh fruit right now, but I *really* need to work on being straight-and-narrow Wave 2 and would like to be accountable for my eating, much as we've been with exercise.

Let me know if I can join your thread, or if it's to be Wave 1 only.

p.s. you deserve a break after that amazing walk you did last weekend!
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #3  

Sherry- all are welcome! I'm going to plan my menus a day in advance and use this to keep on the accountable eating.

Hey- if you're lapsing from Wave 3 come and join us as well!
Old 05-24-2006, 02:22 PM   #4  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

hi there!

It's the new girl again ! I am starting Wave 1 tomorrow. I am pumped and ready to go! I'll be a few days ahead but I'd love to have a way of being more accountable. Count me in!

Angela
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/153/145

Thumbs up

Clareh:

You can count me in. Are you thinking about posting your menus on this thread? I think that would be interesting to see what we are planning for our food. I get confused sometimes with the recipes. I mean if you think in terms of dividing up a wrap on a plate, per the chart. Know what I mean? Anyway, I think we all work well together and I think this will be beneficial.

Well, I am off to walk three miles, see you all later.

~Cate
Woodstock Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #6  

Bate- that's exactly what I was planning on doing- posting what I planned and then posting what actually happened (obviously, I'm hoping they'll be the same!!)

I try to think of dividing up ingredients rather than the whole thing (so if it's made of 70% veg etc..) . I'm just not good at leaving stuff on the plate- that's why the smaller plates work for me.

Jealous of the walking. My trainers still don't fit but the dreaded toes are healing so hopefully will be right back at it after the weekend.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:46 PM   #7  

Cate- sorry for mis- spelling your name- that's what multi tasking (badly!) does for you!!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:52 PM   #8  
Angela

Okay, well I'm not totally sure how you planned to do this, but since I finished my first day of Wave 1 I thought I'd check in. This one might be a lengthy but I'm sure they will get shorter.....

I did well with food, especially considering I went out to dinner! I skipped on the wine and ordered a coffee - my first major challenge. It was a Tapa's place so I had a small order of garlic-lemon chicken and a side salad with avocado and vinaigrette, which I shared with my fiance. I'm a little worried about the fat content but given that we shared I think it was okay. For lunch I followed the recipe in the book - a greek salad with prawns. It was yummy! Breakfast was eggs and toast, only egg whites though as I'm not a huge fan of the yolks. I did find myself starved in the afternoon though and went for a snack of 10 almonds. Overall, a good start!

I also did the eliptical for 30 minutes and 20 minutes of floor excercises at the gym.

I can't wait to hear how all of you are doing when you start next week!! Good luck to us all!!

Angela
Old 05-26-2006, 07:38 AM   #9  

Default Waves

Would love to join this thread too! I'm starting on Monday,this will be my first try on this program and I'm looking forward to it. I also have to be accountable somewhere or I just flip flop. I have started my shopping list and will go tomorrow to get the things that I need. My husband is going to do this with me also. Looking foward to good things and healthy eating

Sissy M
sissym2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:26 PM   #10  

Sounds like you've had a great first day Angela.

My feet are back to normal (ish) and I'm going to try wearing proper shoes tonight so hopefully will be back on the exercise bandwagon over the weekend ready for Tuesday.

Right, am planning, planning, planning!!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #11  
Angela

Looks like we have a nice little group going gals - EXCITING! Well, seeing as I'm the frontrunner on this, I am happy to say that I am LOVING this diet. Granted, I'm only on Day 2, but I feel so good!! I've been eating the yummiest food, I can still have my coffee, food tastes real and not like chalk or cardboard, and I can't WAIT for the wine! About the only thing I'm having trouble with are afternoon hunger pangs I so I've been eating the snacks. Today it was 10 almonds and then 5 cherry tomatoes which held me over til dinner. I had a kasha stuffed pepper with my dinner to get my carbs, it was a recipe of my own - not bad. A friend came over to watch the season finale of "Lost" with me (any other Lost fans out there?? I'm OBSESSED!). She brought homemade oatmeal raisin cookies with her, not knowing I'd started Sonoma. I turned them down - and the bottle of wine she brought too. GO ME! Spent 1 hour at the gym too. A great Day 2 .....

I can't wait til we all get going on this together! I'd love to hear all of your hints, successes, etc. Get amped over the weekend girls 'cause Tuesday is the BIG DAY!!

And Clareh - so glad those toes are feeling a little better. Don't be too down on yourself for not exercising this week, remember, you did walk a MARATHON last weekend!! When you are feeling up to it you will find your groove again.

Angela
Old 05-27-2006, 05:37 PM   #12  
Angela

Day 3 nearly complete!! I have had a super hungry day today ....Not sure why... I didn't go to the gym today but walked for an hour around town. I'm still really enjoying the food and not missing sugar that much - just starving. Well, normally when I feel this way it means I am losing weight so hopefully I'll have nice results at the end of Wave 1!! All in all a successful day though. Went to a picnic and avoided lots and lots of sweets and goodies. I ate the same thing for lunch again - greek salad with prawns. It's just good and easy to fix up. It's the first recipe in the book for the Wave 1 meals if anyone's curious.

Other than that, just can't wait for you gals to be joined up with me!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #13  
cutting it out

S/C/G: 177/171/130

Default I am currently on Wave 1...

Hello I was going to join up with you ladies if that was ok ... I am trying right now to get to a mini goal of 160lbs. That would be nice and then I am going to move on to Wave 2. I plan on starting some exercise too.

I hope we all an provide a shoulder to lean on.
(right now I am having a big problem giving up sugars! WOW!)

MENU
breakfast- half egg, peanut butter toast
Lunch- Shrimp and cucumber salad
Dinner- Shrimp, steak, and cucumber salad
& Lots of WATER!
lakegrad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:12 PM   #14  
Angela

Hi Lakegrad and ! I'm glad you are here ! For now we are the only two on this thread that are officially on Wave 1, but more are soon to come. I like how you posted your meal plan, I think I will start doing that. Was that your menu for tomorrow, or the meals you had today? I wasn't sure....

Does anyone ever feel like just when you start a diet things go awry and all of the foods you love seem to start bombarding you? That is how I felt today...

I have had a rough, rough day 4. I feel like I made the best of it though, all things considered. My first mistake was grapenuts w/ milk for breakfast. I've only been eating the eggs and toast but was tired of it. I normally don't eat whole grains in the morning because my stomach has a rough time with them, especially oats and mueselis. I though grapenuts would be ok, but I was really wrong! I ended up getting sick and actually threw them up! YUCK! After that my blood sugar dropped and I felt faint (I have a mild case of hypoglycemia). I had some yogurt to get a little sugar in my bloodstream so I didn't pass out. I felt so gulity! I ate a teeny lunch to try to make up for it, just a small portion of protein and carb - half a pita with hummus. Even still, I was bummed about it.....

On the bright side I went to a wedding reception in the evening. There was cake, truffles, brownies, fruit, an open bar, white rolls with butter, etc. - and I avoided it all! At least I have one accomplishment for the day.

Menu :
Brk - grapenuts (that didn't last very long!!)
Lunch - hummus and pita
Snack - 1 cup yogurt (full fat and sugar )
Snack - celery w/ PB
Dinner - Smoked salmon and grilled cxn, salad, stuffed pepper with couscous

Not a perfect day, but not the worst either.....
Old 05-29-2006, 08:40 AM   #15  

Thumbs up

Good Morning Girls

Started Wave 1 this am and have made a menu for today which I will post.
One thing I realized this am when I started to eat my breakfast is when you are eating the right kinds of food it fills you quick.(Hope I'm not thinking this in my dreams)Usually I would have a piece of toast and that was it

Well here is what my menu will look like today. Not sure of the snacks yet being I'm not hungry at the moment,so it doesn't appeal to me right now.

Breakfast.....egg omelet with mushrooms,slice of german dark wheat bread
100 % wholegrain and coffee with about a teaspoon of milk

Lunch........meatloaf,green beans,cuke salad,spinach
Dinner.........Sonoma Express wrap

Enjoy the day everyone! Its totally hot in Florida Much sucess to all of us

Sissy M
sissym2004 is offline   Reply With Quote