Old 01-24-2006, 05:48 PM   #1  

Default Whats for Dinner tonight?

Ahh we have having yummy steak.. I can't wait is a Delmonico which is my favorite.. I am so hungry for it.. I am kind of bummed though because my kids and hubby want 2x baked potatoes so I have to make them.. lol but I am bummed I LOVE them.. so that will be hard to watch them eating them. I have heard (my girlfriend makes this anyone tried it) that you can make mashed cauliflower ?? I wish I had some now.. so I will be having my steak and a small salad while they eat steak, chicken wings, 2x baked potatoe and corn... So what all are you making/having for dinner??
ChrisNeedsLessWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:16 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

we got really busy putting up some signage, and ended up just having 2 eggs Oh well....Im off to the grocery store.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:08 PM   #3  
TemporaryFatChick

I scrambled some hamburger with cumin, garlic and chili powder. Topped it with cheddar cheese, a little lettuce, taco sauce, sour cream and chopped green onions. It was pretty tasty. I also cooked up some chicken for future meals, specifically Greek salads for lunch this week. I'm trying to stick to meat, eggs, cheese and veggies only while I'm on induction *sigh*
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:53 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

We had venison chops fried in butter and onions. YUMMY. Side salad for me and tator tots for the girls. DH doesn't usually eat what I make. He had a couple eggs (he was on an egg kick. Usually it's just a sandwich) and a couple pieces of venison. WAHOO I've got enough left over for lunch today

DEFINITELY wish we had cauliflower & broccoli. I've tried the mashed cauliflower but to me it tastes just like it sounds. Still yummy though, but I figure (for myself) why bother smashing them when I can eat them whole
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

It's going to be Buffalo wings w/ blue cheese dressing and spinach w/ butter.

I have classes tonight and won't be home until around 7:00 so this is quick
and very very yummy!
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:15 PM   #6  
Susan hockeyfan7

I had steak -- london broil. I skipped the veggies because I had a salad at lunch with grilled chicken, egg and bacon.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:15 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

The girls had pizza. DH had a sandwich and salad. I had leftover chicken strips and a salad.
Nope, I'm not a very adventurous eater (and also, we're running low on groceries ).
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #8  

I thought I'd bring this current again because I'm always searching for meal ideas...

Tonight I'm having baked fish with fresh asparagus and morel mushrooms.

PS- Is Chili low carb?????
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:53 PM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I was totally off program tonite. Only second time in almost 11 months, so I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. It's my daughter's 14th birthday and we are having a slumber party. So, back on program tomorrow.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:57 PM   #10  

I'm having multigrain breaded haddock and garlic sauteed brocolli...mmm, now I'm hungry. But I have to head off to flexibility class first.

nanaimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Wow!, you guys come up with some good ideas! I need to be a bit more adventerous. For me tonight it was 2 turkey cheeseburgers wraped in lettuce leaves. (a bit dry) I guess I could have used a little mayo though huh?
how do you make the buffalo wings? I mean what kind of seasoning?
That sounded good. It's a bit hard for me because I only eat chicken, turkey and fish. So it tends to be the same things over and over again.
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:44 PM   #12  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

I had a salad, topped with chopped ham and some chopped bbq chicken breast, and a little shredded cheese. We had leftover bbq chicken from last night-I skip the sauce on mine and use seasoning and chipotle tabasco mixed with mayo to baste it. Lunch was one of those chicken breasts whole, breakfast was a sugar free "chocolate" pudding cup (I know, it's junk, but I was on the road and it's better than the drive-thru mcd's everyone else had).....not bad at all for watching what you eat.....
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Buffalo wings are really easy to make. I just bake the wings in the oven
at around 400 for about 25-30 minutes then make the coating using 1/4 cup
hot sauce and 1/4 cup melted butter. mix in a bowl, pour over wings bake for 15 more (I do some just have them like that)and serve with either blue cheese ( my favorite) or ranch dressing.
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #14  

This thread gives some really great ideas!

Cat cookie - chicken wings are my absolute favorite Friday night food while watching Carnivale on HBO. I make a homemade ranch dressing with chipotle peppers diced in it, poor it over the wings after they come out of the oven. Ooo la la!

Tonight is chicken strogenoff with portobello mushrooms, salad, and something else... not sure yet.

Oh, and mashed cauliflower is awesome. Put the steamed cauli in a food processor, butter, salt, pepper, and whip it on high. Add a little cream before creamy and it's like potatoes. My kids love when I make fotato salad. Make potato salad as you normally would but add steamed cauliflower instead. My son could eat that only for dinner!!
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:45 PM   #15  
Susan hockeyfan7

Next time you go through McDonald's for breakfast with everyone else, get the sausage McMuffin with egg and cheese and throw away the muffin. Or the bacon, egg and cheese anything and throw away the anything. I used to do that all the time before I was diagnosed with Celiac and had to avoid fast food places - cross contamination issues.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote