Old 05-22-2006, 09:18 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat/ 5/22-28

Well, not sure why, but my neck/back is stiff. I'm going to have to go to the chiro..just not sure when I want to break down and do that. I didn't eat the best this weekend. Not sure why. I had great incentive--the scale had been down a pound. I remember thinking---wow, only 10 pounds to be where I want to be...and then BOOM I'm eating junk. Talk about MAJOR self-sabotage. I've got to figure out WHY I'm doing that. But I'm back at it. And going to try and get my water in.
Morning everyone!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #2  

Hope you feel better Brenda! Are you going through any stress that might cause the stiffness?

Nothing going on here. I have to catch up on house work today, since we spent the weekend in the mountains. I might even try and get out in the back yard to mow. It will depend on the heat... Off to fix a shake, and get going.

Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:22 PM   #3  
Susan hockeyfan7

Morning everyone!

Well, I dropped the 5 lbs that came back -- this is getting annoying. If I don't see the scale drop by Thursday after surgery and the anethesia recovery, I may have to whack the surgeon with the scale!

Falon, how did you like that record heat for this time of year yesterday? I had to sleep in the basement last night because I couldn't get cooled off.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #4  
Going to ONEderland

The weather has been weird. We had 80s and 90s last Sunday and then a couple of days ago it was 45 in the evening. Humid now and somewhat hot yesterday. I've been feeling achy all over because of the air pressure differences. Arthritis like symptoms.

My husband got good news today, he got a job and starts tomorrow. I'm pleased. Not sure if he is, we had a bit of a fight yesterday and haven't really made up yet. Not that I'm holding grudges, but he is. Why I can't imagine, his part of it was worse than mine!

Oh well. He'll get over it.

Today starting back on induction. I found that I couldn't keep myself in enough control the other way. Not so much that I couldn't, I just never was really trying or getting started. Meanwhile the scale kept creeping higher.

I was thinking about trying to eat like my husband does. My husband is one of these naturally thin people who never puts on more than 5 pounds which then falls off again with no effort. Grrrr. hate people like that. But I was thinking if I could watch and observe how he eats and try to do likewise, maybe I could find myself thinner.

I don't drink coffee however, which is about all he has for breakfast. It isn't black though he adds lots of sugar and creamer to it.

So I guess that part of his plan is out, along with the cigarettes he uses instead of food. Still the rest of what he does might work.... if I could pay enough attention and figure out what that is.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:55 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing great. I am having some left arm and left shoulder pain and numbness. It feels like a pinched nerve. No chest pain or anything like that. It has been hurting for 3 or 4 days. Hate going to doctors so I will wait it out. I know that I sleep mostly on left side and it always feels worse when I wake up. Old age creeping up on me I guess. No change in my weight, I really need to step it up. I am going to try to be more conscious of getting in plenty of water. I am walking and getting my exercise. 5 lbs. to goal and just can't seem to lose any more.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:13 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Falon: Hope the heat isn't too bad. My dad's having surgery tomorrow so I guess you could say stress. But this stiffness is usually always here. Just not as stiff as it was yesterday. Seems better today.

Susan: WTG on the loss. But be careful with the scale. Would hate to have you arrested for carrying a weighted weapon. Hope your surgery goes well!!

Sherry: I hear you on thinking eating like DH would make us thinner. Sounds like yours eats about as much as mine--which is hardly anything. Try the shakes for breakfast instead of coffee. Maybe that'd be a good substitute? Congrats on his job but sorry to hear about the fight!

Lily: Hope the pain in your shoulder and arm goes away soon. I can relate to that as I go through the same thing! It's AWESOME looking at your ticker. You've done an AWESOME job with your weight loss

Well, did well yesterday but not well in the water department. And tomorrow I'll be at the hospital so it's going to be iffy there. The high carbed part will be the salad dressing. But I'll consider that ok considering. Doubt I'll manage to get online tomorrow. His surgery isn't until 10:30 but I plan on heading out after the kids are on the bus. Today's plan is to try and get some water in. Baby steps
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning all
Just had to jump on here before I sabotaged myself.
I have been going nuts for almost the last 2 weeks. By last official weigh in was 171 and I have been fluttering between 169 and 173 for just about 2 weeks. (mind you it's only 169 when I wake iup in the morning.) Then it starts creeping up. I want to break through to the 160's so bad! I feel like I'm stalling or hitting a plateau. I know it's only 2 weeks and I did lose inches last week but.... in order to meet my goal I NEED to lose a certain number of lbs each week and have been doing just that. Now this! Any idea how to break through this? THe only thing I have changed in the last 2 weeks is that I added the rec. vitamins (chromium, l-carnitine and coQ10) which are suppose to help me! I'm so frustrated I almost had a bagel for breakfast! Ihad it in the toaster and everything! then as I was reading the lenders bag I noticed 40 carbs!!!! so I mustered up the nerve to pull it out and throw it away. I'm not ready to give up but it's getting harder now.
I have been sticking to the induction soit's not like I can cut back on carbs or anything. I just don't know what to do. I've heard some people say that they do go off for a day to jump start things is that true? I don't want to make things worse youknow?
Brenda - It's so true that the closer you come to your goal the more you want to slack off. It's important to keep going! you really are doing reat and are a real inspiration to us! Good luck tomorrow!

Susan - Hang on! I always look to you to make sense of things and keep all of us on our toes! (no pressure!) You too are a great inspiration to me. I know I can always count on you for some good advice! This is a tuff time for you and at least you have a good reason why things are the way they are.

Sherry - I know wht you mean about induction. I find myself not venturing far from there either. it is just easier.

Lillybelle - I was going to ask youhow that last 5 lbs was going! That must be driving you crazy! how far did you get before you noticed a big slow down in the weight coming off? For me I want to make sure Iget those last 5 lbs. off because those are for my safety zone. I won't mind gaining them once in a while but Iknow that when I do it's time to kick things up a notch again.
You have really done wonderfully though. when I get like I'm feeling today I just pull up your pictures (and Kims too)and think "i can do it" I can do it".
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:37 AM   #8  
Going to ONEderland

Scale was down a couple of pounds this morning. Re-induction helped I guess. Hubby is up and getting ready to go to work. Now THAT is a welcome sight!

Kids aren't up yet, but will be soon. My first day back wasn't bad, I didn't eat most of the day and when I got home from work I was hungry, but it is a funny thing about hunger. When I was at work I kept thinking I was hungry, but then I remembered my fast not long back and I asked myself if I was really hungry or if I just wanted something. I kept putting off leaving work to go get something and before I knew it the day was over and I was able to come home and eat.

Sometimes I think we eat more from habit and because we think we need to than because we really do. Anyway today is day two of re-induction. I can do this.

Hang in there the rest of you too.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #9  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Im back! Its been very busy around here, and Im loving it!! My eating hasnt been the best, and I havent been getting in any exercise, but I need to make the time to make this work. So time for some to get the personal side of things in order. There are 5 weeks left before my dd is finished school, and the super hot weather sets in. I want to be able to comfortably wear my summer clothing without feeling like a stuffed pig in them.

We have a trade show in 2 weeks, and I need to get "comfortable" before then too!! So....Im going to buckle down and get things accomplished in this area of my life too.

Lacey, you had asked what kind of business we have...its a graphics and sign company. Pm me if you would like the website to check out. We finally bought a scanner so I could scan in my art work....and yesterday the $200 scanner decided it wasnt going to print anything without crumpling the papers up bigtime!! So after an hour on the phone with tech support, we decided to just have a new one sent to me. Its only a week old!! Still has that "new" printer smell!!

Off to get busy......and boil some eggs

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

Morning. Dropped in to say ...
Hope everyone is doing well..

Brenda...I'm like you with the water. I need to drink more...I hope surgery goes well for your dad tomarrow.

Falon...How's your son doing...Is his headaches getting any better...Been thinking about the little guy lately....

Susan....Wacking the surgeon with the scales....LOL.... ...I needed a smile this morning..Hope your surgery goes well...

Sherry...Glad to hear your hubby got a job....I hope his first day goes great and you both work out your differences....I wish i could eat like my husband does too...Anything and everything he wants without worry. He never gains...I noticed my husband has more portion controll then i do....But he eats a lot of junk and still never gains..UGRRR..

Lilybelle...I hope your shoulder and arm pain is better today...The last 5lb will come...you are a inspiration to us all...

needtolose4me2.....Way to go fighting that carb monster... .. ...He's been intruding in on me lately.... ....I have been fluttering between 148 and 152 for a couple of weeks now...I hope to get back on track tomarrow..Good luck and stay strong..

Robin...I need to get up and boil me some eggs too...I hadn't had any in a while....Maybe even some deviled eggs for dinner.. sounds great..Yummm

I've been staying off the net lately waiting for my son's Dr. to call to let us know what day his surgery will be...I let his step mom talk us into a second option (sp?) so we didn't get a date last tuesday.... ....We talked about it on the way home (2 hour drive) My son said he wanted Dr. Murray (the surgeon we been seeing) He said he feels confortable with him and "he has small hands".. ...He has so much humor about everything...I know he is the one keeping us strong...I gave up yesterday and called to find out what's going on....The dr. that is doing the Emolization is going out of town for 3 weeks...Thats where they do an arterigram and close off the arteries and veins by putting a glue in them........They could get someone else to do it but Dr. Murray said he wants the best...And of course we do too...They said maybe the 26 of June.They are going to call when they know for sure....The nurse said the way they would do it is...Admit him...Do the embolization..2nd day give him steriods to bring down swelling...and 3rd day the surgery...

Keep up the good work ...Hanging in the best we can is still doing GREAT...Thanks,for all the support and kind word's
..Candy

Last edited by Candy In Alabama; 05-23-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:13 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Any body have a BIG foot?? I need a kick in the butt!

OUCH thanks.

Getting back on the horse in the am so to speak, exercise is doing better, now to get the diet back into control.

I have made some decisions about work and I am going to Look for a new job. If I find one then that is OK but if I do not then I will keep on looking until I find one that I like that pays me what I need. and hours that I want.

So with all that said I have been peeking and everyone is doing great. I just want you to know that.

Needto lose for me keep it up and drink water and drink more water that is a big one for stalls. the body want to hold it in and well think if you are gaining muscle too that will stop the scale but drop the inches. Muscle weighs more than fat like 5 times as much as it is so dence.

When I was at my lowest a few years ago I was 169 and a size 12 where before I was 150 and a size 14. do not think the numbers but the size, keep OP and the fat will go!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:40 PM   #12  
lilybelle

Thanks everyone for your incredible support. I am still 5 lbs. from goal. I weighed last night after my shower and was 150, was just sure that I'd see 149 this morning, but no such luck. I need a swift kick in the butt. I have improved my water intake. Increased my walking to 3/4 mile from 1/2 mile last week. Will go up to 1 mile next week when it's been 4 weeks since my hernia surgery. My left arm and shoulder have quit hurting. I noticed that the way my treadmill is turned is putting strain on my left shoulder while I try to walk and watch TV. I mentioned this to DH and he said he'd move the machine, because I can't lift on anything. So far, he hasn't moved it. However, he makes quite a food police. HaHa, mostly I keep him around to kill spiders. LOL. Good luck to everyone and hope everyone is doing well. Candy, I am praying for your son and your family.Your son sounds like a great and very strong little guy.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:30 AM   #13  

Morning Ladies:

Sorry I am behind in posts.. Just been busy here with the kids, and Moose has his first baseball game today, so practice has been a priority.

Candy - I appreciate your concern, though it's nothing like what you are going through at the moment. I worry about your son too! Um, he's doing ok, but had a fever a few days ago (low grade) and a new symtom that got me a little freaked. He woke up with blurred vision in his right eye that lasted most of the day. So, i'm not a super happy camper at the moment. His first game is tonight, and I hope he is feeling good enough today to play. He would be so upset, and depressed if he couldn't go. It took him forever to go to sleep last night! LOL How has everything gone with the doctors, and getting everything scheduled correctly for your son???

Sue - You stay up on that horse, and hold tight to those reigns! You know better than anyone that we are all here for you, cheering you on!

Lilybelle - I can't wait till I am at my last 5 pounds! I'm so happy for you, even though you are hitting some serious anxiety, it will come off! You look awesome!

Brenda - that type of stress absolutely qualifies for stiff muscles. I hope all comes out well, and he heals fast! You take care of yourself too lady.. You need to feel good for your dad. Don't let him know his surgery has given you any physical stress. <grins>

Robin - glad your business is hopping! You do great work, and it's well deserved.

Ok, off to fix the kids breakfast, my shake, yoga, and a haircut! Hope you all have a gorgeous Wednesday, and be good to yourselves. You're worth it!!!

Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Day all
Hope all is going well.
I have avoided getting on the scale and think I will not get on the scale for at least another week. I'm better off not knowing and like you said Nasus it could be the whole muscle/fat thing. I can't believe that you wore a smaller size at a higher weight! Just goes to show ya I guess!
I am really going full throttle with my water now, I am buying 2 cases of 24 packs a week!
I am praying for all of you that are going through medical situations right now! Hang in there!
Lillybelle- I am anxiously waiting everyday to hear that you hit 149. That is jut about what I'm going throughto hit 169. Just won't do it! I'm going crazy!
Have a great day everyone!
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:24 AM   #15  
lilybelle

Good to hear from you again FAlon and I hope everything is well with your son. I have decided to wait til next Wednesday to weigh (if I can). I'm so tired of seeing 150 everday, all day. I am going to do the 2 day egg fast next Wed. and Thurs. if no weight change. This will be about 4 weeks at the same weight. Last time I did this, I lost 4 lbs. and kept it off, but did get the runs from it. I know I'm losing inches, my clothes are getting looser in the waist. Plus, where did my boobs go, my bras are getting very big in the cups, I need to go get some new ones.