Old 05-24-2006, 09:33 AM   #1  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Default Baby Jelly

I have been struggling with all of the baby jelly on my tummy lately. I just want to get rid of it and get a flat tummy so bad. Here is a set of exercises that is meant to target that area. I am definitely going to start trying these today!

Do two sets of 10 to 15 repetitions (unless otherwise noted) of the following routine 2 or 3 days a week, allowing 1 day of rest between workouts. You should start seeing results in as little as 2 to 4 weeks.

Leg Drop
Lie on your back with your hands behind your head and your legs extended and lifted directly over your hips so they are perpendicular to the floor. Turn feet out slightly. Lift your head off the floor and look toward your legs. Inhale and lower your legs toward the floor several inches. Exhale, and return to start. Start with 4 to 6 reps, and work up to 8 to 10.

The Hover
Lie facedown on the floor with your upper body propped on your forearms so your elbows are directly beneath your shoulders. Raise your entire body off the floor, so your body forms a straight line supported by your forearms and toes. Your back should not arch or droop. Hold 15 to 20 seconds. Perform 3 repetitions.

The Bicycle
Lie faceup on the floor, legs extended, hands loosely behind your head. Slowly bring your left elbow across your body while bending your right knee and lifting your leg toward your chest as far as comfortably possible. Hold, and then lower back to start. Repeat, alternating sides. You should be twisting your torso, not your neck.

V-Sit
Lie on your back, legs extended, arms down at your sides, palms down. Keeping your arms parallel to the ground, raise your legs and torso up until you are balancing on your tailbone and your body forms a "V." Hold for a second, and then slowly lower. If you're having trouble, keep your legs slightly bent.

The Corkscrew
Lie on your back, arms at your sides, palms down. Keeping your legs extended and your feet flexed, lift them off the floor so they form a 90-degree angle with your body. Keeping your upper body stable, contract your abs and lift your butt off the ground while twisting your hips to the right. Hold. Lower to start. Repeat to the other side.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:40 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

a lot of those are pilates moves, great for your core!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote