Old 05-21-2006, 09:51 PM   #1  
Going to ONEderland

Default Three day no cheat challenge

Hi guys, I need help. I'm out of sync, and need to get back to Atkins. I've found that a three day no cheat challenge seems to help me get motivated again, get back into ketosis and start back down the straight and narrow path to weight loss.

I'm thinking starting tomorrow I will try this, but I need some support and some help. Anyone want to join me?
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:15 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

I'm confused. Weren't you doing that French thing?

I'm in for the challenge. I need to get back to it also! My scale goes down and it's like my brain says hey! I can eat what I want then. BLECH!!!!!

So it's 3 days induction (?)----cheat free?!?!?!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:14 PM   #3  
Susan hockeyfan7

I'd love to join you, but I can't start until after surgery. I have to drink this darn Gatorade today and I know tomorrow I will have to really watch what I eat after the anethesia so I don't get sick. I can start on Wednesday though.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:41 PM   #4  
Going to ONEderland

Hi Brenda, I never completely got off the ground with that. Anything that starts with 3 weeks of writing down what you eat doesn't get me going fast enough, and of course I'm not good at writing things down.

I still want to try that one day, but for now I need to get back into control. I do like the ideas, and I will probably incorporate some of them into my life once I feel in control again. But right now I just feel like I'm slipping too much and need to be back in control.

Susan Wednesday will be fine, join us then. 3 days induction cheat free always helps me feel motivated again. Makes me feel like I've got a little control over myself. Then what I do after that is always a little more productive.

Anyway thanks girls for the help.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I am totally in for the 3 day no cheats. I need to get in gear and finish losing this weight. Count me in.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:04 PM   #6  
Going to ONEderland

I'm doing well so far today. Not enough water though. Need to work on that.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:51 PM   #7  

I would love to do the 3 day no cheat; of course I will have to start tommorow and I will be on p-1.
Anyone still doing this?
Hamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #8  
Going to ONEderland

I am. Tomorrow is day 3 for me, but yes I'm doing it. Gotta get back into ketosis and 3 days usually does it for me.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:13 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

blech....busted. Screwed up today. ARGH. Tomorrow's another day!! need to increase the water intake as my lips feel like they're dryer than sandpaper.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:20 PM   #10  
lilybelle

I don't know what's wrong with me. Only 5 lbs. to goal and can't lose any at all. I had 20 carbs yesterday, drank all my water and increased my exercise. Did lousy today, had 34 carbs, plenty of water and haven't yet exercised. I don't know why it is that the closer I get to goal, the more I slack off. I need a good swift kick in the butt. I made spaghetti tonite for my family and didn't eat a bite of it which was good for me. But, when I took some to my husband I went by Braums and got some low-carb ice cream. This I did eat even though I didn't need it. OK, I'll go get on the treadmill now even though I don't want to.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Lillybelle This is for you! Hope it helps!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #12  
lilybelle

Thanks, I needed that. I did go ahead and exercise last night. Which made me feel better. Still no scale victory but will keep trying. My clothes have gotten looser and my tummy is definitely flatter. Last night I wore some new capris that I bought 4 weeks ago that had been too tight and I actually needed a belt to keep them up. When I first bought them, they were very snug in the waist, but they aren't anymore. I actually had thought of returning them. It sure seems that I don't stay in the same size for long.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #13  
Susan hockeyfan7

Does it count for day 1 if my entire food intake so far for the day has been a diet Coke???

Yesterday I didn't stick with Atkins at all after surgery. But I will be back on it now.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote