South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #1  

Smile New to the Beach

Hi! I have decided to start the South Beach diet. I was just wanting to introduce myself and ask for any suggestions. My name is Erial. I really need to lose weight. I have PCOS, a disorder that makes it hard to lose weight and causes lots of other female problems. Altogether, my goal is to lose at least 50 pounds. I have been on many diets and it was hard to find food for sack lunches during work. Any suggestions? I do have a fridge and microwave accessible. I'm open for any suggestions and welcome any advice that others may give. Looks like a great place for support. Any good spots for beginners?
Old 05-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #2  
South Beach Life Style

WELCOME and best of luck to you...... I make two dinners on Sundays to last me the week,, I just reheat,, and I make veggie trays, and fruit and such,, You are on Phase 1 I assume, so the fruit would be later.. but Salad I can eat it every day,, I just dont get tired of it... That is how I make it when I am on the go........ join our daily threads.. and I look forward to your posts.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #3  

Smile

Thanks! I appreciate the advise and look forward to learning the ins and outs in order to succeed!
Old 05-21-2006, 08:16 PM   #4  

Welcome to the Beach! I take leftovers to lunch in a insulated bag. There are many like chili and Taco Bake that work well even in phase 1. Just check out our recipe section.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:09 PM   #5  

Post Re:

Thanks Barbara! I will definitely try that out. Today I took cucumber slices cuz I wasn't sure. I am amazed at the amount of weight you have loss as well as so many others. I can't wait until that is me!

Old 05-22-2006, 07:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to the Beach, Erial Rose!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:57 PM   #7  

Thumbs up Re:

Thanks so much! You have done a wonderful job losing! That is amazing!
Old 05-23-2006, 03:24 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Erial! What a gorgeous name!

You'll find tons of great information in the FAQ, and might especially like the Emergency handbook for Phase 1.

Try to make sure that every meal and snack includes some form of protein and a vegetable, if you can. The protein will keep you full longer and the veggie will make you feel more full at the time you eat.

As to lunch, I love eating leftovers, like Barb. Do you have access to a microwave? When we put dinner away, I put a portion into small microwave dishes (we use Corningware and Pyrex, but others, like Tupperware are just as good) that have a steam vent, and we take those to work. Add in some veggies (like bell peppers with hummus) or a piece of fruit, and you have a great lunch!

We're thrilled to have you with us here, but you also may find some help and support in the PCOS support forum (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70) The mod there is fantastic (as are all our mods! ), and I know several people have found a lot of help there. Lots of and for your journey!
Old 05-23-2006, 06:03 PM   #9  

Laurie,
Thanks so much! I really appreciate all the info. I will most definitely check that out! I do have a question but wasn't sure where to post it. I needed to know if a blt lettuce wrap (made at home) is phase 1 friendly? Wasn't sure about bacon. Also, can whole wheat wraps be used? Not sure what to call them.. They are similar to a tortilla. The ideas on leftovers sound great! I do have access to a microwave. What is hummus and how does it taste? Did I read right that you lost over 100 pounds already? Thats great! Did you do it all on the South Beach diet? Thanks for all the info.

Erial
Old 05-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #10  

A blt lettuce wrap is fine as long as you use turkey bacon. I buy the Louis Rich turkey bacon. It even microwaves well.

The whole wheat wrap would work okay for phase 2 as long as the ingredients were South Beach friendly. I use La Tortilla whole wheat tortillas and they make a large size that is good for stuff like that.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:44 PM   #11  

Post Re:

How does turkey bacon taste? comparable? I will have to tough it out for a bit being that I just started and am in phase 1. But will definitely try it later on. Thanks Barb!
Old 05-24-2006, 11:18 AM   #12  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Erial - welcome to the board!
Old 05-24-2006, 05:27 PM   #13  
South Beach

S/C/G: 229/225/150

Default Hi Im new too :)

I just started South Beach 5/22, I did atkins for a long time before I got pregnant and lost 40lbs but then got preggo so gained LOTS lol

AJ is 5 months now and I need to lose once again. Atkins is too hard for me with AJ and the rest of the family. I dont have time to be fussing so much. SoBe phase 1 is tough but its not for much longer, I can handle this.

Phase II will be easier on me, mostly cuz I have tons more choices. I know last time on Atkins I was much more successful having a board to chat on.

do you guys weigh in on Mondays or anything? Id love to have a pen pal or just chat here on the board. When you have friends that are doing SoBe too you end up being more accountable for the choices you make. Or at least I do lol

I look forward to meeting everyone!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:27 PM   #14  

Melissa,
WELCOME! Glad to see I'm not the only new person! This is a great place and I'm sure we will find support and info that we need. I agree that support helps! Good Luck and Best Wishes!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:28 PM   #15  

Hey! Thanks for the welcome. Seems like such a great place! I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Closed Thread